Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

Meanwhile over on Twitter/X, suggestions that there will now be no further charges laid, due to disagreements over the 'public interest', and how verifiable evidence is.

Time will tell.

38 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Meanwhile over on Twitter/X, suggestions that there will now be no further charges laid, due to disagreements over the 'public interest', and how verifiable evidence is.

Time will tell.

Effie and Wings are certainly getting their knickers in a twist over it. 

14 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

Time will tell.

I'd heard similar - that there won't be further charges because there is insufficient evidence.

We'll know soon enough.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

13 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Some of the tweets are the usual shite about the Lord Advocate and the  Solicitor General despite the fact that all of Scotland’s prosecutors act independently of political interference. It is standard practice that any case regarding politicians is dealt with by prosecutors without the involvement of the Lord Advocate or Solicitor General. 

As for those accusing Police Scotland of being corrupted by the SNP - that's on a level with the MI5 conspiracy theorists in the other camp.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

11 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I'd heard similar - that there won't be further charges because there is insufficient evidence.

We'll know soon enough.

Which is basically how things happen in any other case.

What exactly do Wingsy and the rest want Police Scotland and COPFS to do?

They were unhappy with a weak case proceeding against Alex Salmond but they want this now - hmmmmmmm

15 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Well that goes without saying.

Effie is a genuine moron and Wings is a toxic tossbag. 

Edited by AndyM

Sturgeon and Murrell have completely fucked the Independence movement.  The predominant party associated with the Independence cause has lost all credibility.

The Tories are in the toilet, Labour is prepared to accept a Tory MP who has voted in favour of a list of socially unacceptable policies into their ranks yet progressive voters in Scotland have nowhere to turn to.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Sturgeon and Murrell have completely fucked the Independence movement.  The predominant party associated with the Independence cause has lost all credibility.

The Tories are in the toilet, Labour is prepared to accept a Tory MP who has voted in favour of a list of socially unacceptable policies into their ranks yet progressive voters in Scotland have nowhere to turn to.

Finally the tide has turned for the Scottish Liberal Democrats!

What are their policies these days anyway? No to independence, obviously, but other than that.

Edit: just had a look at their website, and the headlines are moderate improvements in mental health, island communities, dentistry, clean water, and shitey concrete. Swinging for the fences.

Edited by BFTD

Not wanting to continue going off topic by any means, but there is a Lib Dem thread - last posted on in May 2023, which shows how irrelevant those diddies are.

1 minute ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

Not wanting to continue going off topic by any means, but there is a Lib Dem thread - last posted on in May 2023, which shows how irrelevant those diddies are.

I'm guessing that was when ACH appeared via videolink, clearly pished, and someone was having a giggle at him?

15 hours ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

I saw Willie Rennie participating in a trail running race in dunkeld yesterday. Made me think similarly that I haven't so much as considered the Scottish Lib Dems in years. Say what you like about the guy he was memorable (also fit as a butcher's dog for his age)

2 hours ago, GHF-23 said:

I saw Willie Rennie participating in a trail running race in dunkeld yesterday. Made me think similarly that I haven't so much as considered the Scottish Lib Dems in years. Say what you like about the guy he was memorable (also fit as a butcher's dog for his age)

He has run the Kelty coal race before.

Still not as impressive as Menzies Campbell beating OJ over 100 metres.

I always look for the Lib Dems when there's a new poll out to see who they're trailing behind now. Surprised Abla haven't overtaken them yet, but surely it's only a matter of time before the Christian Family Party (or whatever) pick up more votes from the Highlands and Islands.

It's amusing because they're completely devoid of principle and destroyed themselves just so the likes of Nick Clegg could get cushy industry jobs. The current lot of potential parliamentary candidates must privately hate them.

Edit: we definitely need Willie Rennie back though. His photo opportunities were magic.

Edited by BFTD

8 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I always look for the Lib Dems when there's a new poll out to see who they're trailing behind now. Surprised Abla haven't overtaken them yet, but surely it's only a matter of time before the Christian Family Party (or whatever) pick up more votes from the Highlands and Islands.

It's amusing because they're completely devoid of principle and destroyed themselves just so the likes of Nick Clegg could get cushy industry jobs. The current lot of potential parliamentary candidates must privately hate them.

Edit: we definitely need Willie Rennie back though. His photo opportunities were magic.

Always fun to look in on their policies and manifesto

https://scottishfamily.org/manifesto

Plus they have videos explaining why middle aged angry men are the true oppressed minority

Spoiler

spongebob-eye-bleach.gif

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Plus they have videos explaining why middle aged angry men are the true oppressed minority

Reveal hidden contents

spongebob-eye-bleach.gif

He should be domestically abused for that jumper.

18 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Reveal hidden contents

spongebob-eye-bleach.gif

Interview from thirty-odd years ago; I guess he's still in denial about why his missus divorced him and he wasn't allowed to see the kids.

7 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Interview from thirty-odd years ago; I guess he's still in denial about why his missus divorced him and he wasn't allowed to see the kids.

What a read, jeez!

On his former stepsons:

He says he wrote the boys many letters, which remain unsent, and saved money for them, which he has not handed over lest it should be felt 'an unwarranted intrusion'.