Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

49 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

Well, it really kills off the "Tartan Tories" label if instead of salting away the "missing" money in untraceable offshore accounts it turns out they bought a caravan and parked it in his maw's drive.

Could be the van's stashed with boxes of documents and they thought it would be more discrete to tow it away from his elderly mother's house? 

29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Could be the van's stashed with boxes of documents and they thought it would be more discrete to tow it away from his elderly mother's house? 

I suppose, but it's verging on the ridiculous if there's boxes of documents being kept in a van. Hidden in clear sight, right enough.

Just now, Dan Steele said:

I suppose, but it's verging on the ridiculous if there's boxes of documents being kept in a van. Hidden in clear sight, right enough.

We're already some way past that point. 

9 hours ago, Trogdor said:

This is genuinely getting beyond parody.

Thinking back a couple of months ago, who would have seen this coming?

We live in Iannucci's world at the moment. 

A lot of people saw this coming. A lot of serious people. They were monstered for it.

2 hours ago, Thorongil said:

A lot of people saw this coming. A lot of serious people. They were monstered for it.

What exactly did these "serious people" see coming?

The police search of the house and impounding of a caravanette is like some bonkers comedy film script.

Is the suggestion now that the motorhome holds some vital evidence?

Or are police Scotland and the crown making as much of an arse of this as they did with Salmonds case?

4 hours ago, Thorongil said:

I don't think anyone foresaw where we are now.  Most of the concerns were around the ringfenced donations.

If rumours are true this is much more serious.

It would be karma in trying to cover up a possibly less serious misdemeanour they've drawn the police's attention to more serious misdemeanours.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

7 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I don't think anyone foresaw where we are now.  Most of the concerns were around the ringfenced donations.

If rumours are true this is much more serious.

It would be karma in trying to cover up a possibly less serious misdemeanour they've drawn the police's attention to more serious misdemeanours.

What are the "more serious" offences that are being rumoured?

Not trying to dig you out, its just I cant take some of the wild nonsense on twitter seriously.

I mean, without having a pop at anyone living there, the Sturgeons were not exactly living in a crime lord villa and holidaying in their marbella pad - they have a semi detached house in Uddingston and a motorhome in fife......................

If we are giving credence to allegations that the Stugeons embezzled money from the party, then we may as well also say this has all the feel of another Crown Office shambles.

…although you forget their half share in a Portuguese villa. 

But then, as a married couple with no dependents earning the guts of £1/4M a year and a hefty pension to look forward to, maybe owning a motorhome and a foreign bolt hole isn’t actually all that extravagant or unusual…

Edited by George Cowley

11 minutes ago, George Cowley said:

…although you forget their half share in a Portuguese villa. 

But then, as a married couple with no dependents earning the guts of £1/4M a year and a hefty pension to look forward to, maybe owning a motorhome and a foreign bolt hole isn’t actually all that extravagant or unusual…

Yep, I have friends with no kids and they feel like millionaires compared to me !

Agreed tho, you imagine that their uddingston home is as good as paid off, so unless the COPFS find some money salted away having been embezzled from the party it genuinely doesnt look like they are living "beyond their means" - not like the local drug dealers round here who are in massive 4x4s while still living in their mums cooncil hoose !!

All very odd tbh.

Going to make a great film.....