Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm not a member of the SNP.

The report is also up to the end of May 2022 - so clearly cannot include any disengagements beyond that point.  Johnston Michael have stated that the disengagement happened in the last 6 months.

I'd expect a similar comment in the Transparency Report up to end of May 2023 when it is published in September 2023.  That would then include the disengagement from the SNP.

18 minutes ago, strichener said:

I should apply for the SNP's spin doctor role.

"a party insider" passes my sniff test about as much as BBC Radio Scotland interviewing Alex Neil this morning or Sarwar pretending he hasnt heard of the GRR bill..........

19 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Apparently the camper van was supposed to be a mini battle bus... 👀

Ftdp0ccWcAAivdj.thumb.jpeg.d92c5e5b1bdfcb7c4213500722376b8c.jpeg

Best news on that front page is that there's a chance of a referee strike. Might improve the standards somewhat.

On topic surely that Motorhome would have been too small for the social distance requirements at the time?

18 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Best news on that front page is that there's a chance of a referee strike. Might improve the standards somewhat.

On topic surely that Motorhome would have been too small for the social distance requirements at the time?

It might have been ok for the FM, her husband, and the French Ambassador.

On 12/04/2023 at 10:08, Leith Green said:

I dont need to "know better", its on their website. The fact that they referenced it in another report in September doesnt change that fact.

That @virginton is red dotting me on this tells me I am on the right lines too................

image.thumb.png.aadf08161201d5895e309fd402c9fa98.png

You received a red dot for your truly laughable, 'well my local branch reports increased membership!' line. And you've received another one for crying about the judgment of your utterly dreadful posts.

Take the L and move on.

Edited by vikingTON

As this develops my hot take is that Murrell had the wizard wheeze of spunking the SNP money on the battle bus with the view of then buying it back off the party at a suitably depreciated price once the 2021 election campaign had run its course.

That they never got out in it didn’t particularly upset his plan, indeed it likely enhanced it by not having filthy little urchins with their grubby paws all through it.

Parked on his maw’s drive it could depreciate quietly without racking up any miles or sticky paw prints to one day be sold off from the Party (to who?!?) at a suitable market value.

Criminal, probably not. Sneaky misappropriation of funds, almost certainly. 

I don't think it's too outlandish to assume that none of their office space had appropriate parking for a huge motorhome. Although that doesn't get away from the question of why the f**k they bought the thing in the first place.

Edited by Dink
My phone can't spell - definitely the phone's fault

Motor-homes are often parked in secure locations by owners when not in use as they are highly desirable to criminal gangs. 

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/advice-and-training/taking-care-of-your-outfit/caravan-motorhome-storage-facilities/

so if I’m reading that correctly as a member of caravan and motorhome club for under £500 per annum you can get long term CCTV secure facilities? 

You would think that party expenses would cover such an eventuality and could be declared.

It just all seems rather naive especially for two individuals so prominent in public life.

Are you honestly telling me they stored it at his mums hoose? 🤦‍♂️ 

This saga is making me believe the too poor, too stupid line that's trotted out. Mone (among others) showing us how to do it by making millions off the back of a pandemic and Scotland gets a £100k motorhome. Farcical.

It's not that we're not genetically programmed for theft though. Mone is Scottish but she shows how much we need the Union to steal far more money.

Tackling fraud and corruption against government (nao.org.uk)

image.png.107eb1e911873cebc24c8ceb8c8439d1.png

Edited by Suspect Device

16 hours ago, Molotov said:

Motor-homes are often parked in secure locations by owners when not in use as they are highly desirable to criminal gangs. 

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/advice-and-training/taking-care-of-your-outfit/caravan-motorhome-storage-facilities/

so if I’m reading that correctly as a member of caravan and motorhome club for under £500 per annum you can get long term CCTV secure facilities? 

You would think that party expenses would cover such an eventuality and could be declared.

It just all seems rather naive especially for two individuals so prominent in public life.

Are you honestly telling me they stored it at his mums hoose? 🤦‍♂️ 

In this case it was the owners that were the criminal gang.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Leaks from an internal SNP meeting state that the party is close to insolvency. Whether you believe it or not, interesting that someone would leak it.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/snp-is-running-out-of-cash-warns-treasurer-xwcxngtzb

Bollocks.  "The party's never been in a stronger financial position than it's in right now".   Straight from Chief Mammy's mouth to the  NEC in March.  And she would never lie...