Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

12 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Police Scotland doing a good impression of not knowing what the f**k they are doing here......

Could you imagine if after all this it was found that there was no wrongdoings and Police Scotland made a total arse of it and it transpires they were way over the top for political reasons?

As it happens, I do think there is something there, many things, but would be quite something if there wasn't. 

Just now, Theyellowbox said:

Could you imagine if after all this it was found that there was no wrongdoings and Police Scotland made a total arse of it and it transpires they were way over the top for political reasons?

As it happens, I do think there is something there, many things, but would be quite something if there wasn't. 

What I am struggling with here is - they have had 2 years to investigate, put it all together with the Crown Office, they then "spring into action" and arrest Murrell - who is then released pending further enqs. Same happens with Beattie.

I kinda thought that when PM was arrested, they had the bones of the evidence and case to charge him................but that hasnt happened, and almost 2 weeks have elapsed.

I sincerely hope they havent fucked it up, as it will be the most unsatisfactory of all outcomes.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Gerry must know more than the rest of us given we have no idea what's actually being investigated still.

Most of the dafties in the media are ensuring that - even if charged - Murrell et al will wander off into the sunset scot free because of the kind of nonsense Glen Campbell has been spunking out for 2 weeks.

49 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Why? Does she have different rights to other accused persons?

The only way that you will find out what she said under caution (if she is ever interviewed) will be if she is charged with something and appears in court. At that time, the Crown will most likely introduce a transcript of her interview.

This is why we have reporting restrictions in advance of any trial. 

American context but I guess the same (or broad strokes) applies here?

10 hours ago, Leith Green said:

What I am struggling with here is - they have had 2 years to investigate, put it all together with the Crown Office, they then "spring into action" and arrest Murrell - who is then released pending further enqs. Same happens with Beattie.

I kinda thought that when PM was arrested, they had the bones of the evidence and case to charge him................but that hasnt happened, and almost 2 weeks have elapsed.

I sincerely hope they havent fucked it up, as it will be the most unsatisfactory of all outcomes.

The arrests really should only have happened if they were not cooperating voluntarily or they were very confident of charging.  By using it as they have done they've effectively left themselves very little additional time to rearrest and interview again (unless they get an extension - and that has to meet some strict criteria).

I genuinely hope it wasn't done for PR reasons to make it look like they were doing something.

If they are going to have to charge then it really needs to be soon.  The worst scenario would be them not proceeding with charges and leaving it to the CPS to make a decision - that would be an absolute minefield.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The arrests really should only have happened if they were not cooperating voluntarily or they were very confidentof charging.  By using it as they have done they've effectively left themselves very little additional time to rearrest and interview again (unless they get an extension - and that has to meet some strict criteria).

I genuinely hope it wasn't done for PR reasons to make it look like they were doing something.

If they are going to have to charge then it really needs to be soon.  The worst scenario would be them not proceeding with charges and leaving it to the CPS to make a decision - that would be an absolute minefield.

I would have thought thats the route the police will go, they will gather all evidence and it will end up there whether it goes ahead or not. I dont think the Police have been that keen on this case as its been over 2 years with nothing then suddenly this. So either some new evidence appeared, maybe even from the SNP itself seeing a chance to clear the decks so none of the rest get dragged down with it or if no new evidence appeared then the Police under some pressure to get this finished went with arresting everyone.

Its all guess work ofcourse

Seems to be a lot of heads gone over this (mostly perpetuated by the media). Despite there being no real context behind any of it. What are the police actually supposed to be looking for? All I've got from this whole saga is how outraged we're supposed to be over police raids and motor-homes in driveways. WTAF?

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

People aren't possibly suggesting that the police could've made a c**t of this by trying to make themselves look good resulting in nobody being held accountable?

Nah that would never happen.

None of us really know - but the entire saga has gone on so long, that its now impossible to rule out Police and COPFS cockup.

No charges ultimately being brought is a truly terrible outcome, because the conspiracy theorists (on all sides) will spend months wanking themselves into oblivion on twitter.

4 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Seems to be a lot of heads gone over this (mostly perpetuated by the media). Despite there being no real context behind any of it. What are the police actually supposed to be looking for? All I've got from this whole saga is how outraged we're supposed to be over police raids and motor-homes in driveways. WTAF?

£660.000 00 plus  of SNP supporters contributions.

10 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

£660.000 00 plus  of SNP supporters contributions.

Thats not the relevant part, its that it was nominally to be spent on Indyref2 campaigning and the complainer suggested this didnt happen.

That its taken 2 years to unpick suggests to me that its not as simple as "tHe sNP sTOLe mUNNey".

8 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Thats not the relevant part, its that it was nominally to be spent on Indyref2 campaigning and the complainer suggested this didnt happen.

That its taken 2 years to unpick suggests to me that its not as simple as "tHe sNP sTOLe mUNNey".

Aye, but there's a motor home on Pete's maws drive way. Clearly all of the money was spent on that and all the gold bars stashed inside it. Be angry!

9 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Nothing to worry about then.

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

None of us really know - but the entire saga has gone on so long, that its now impossible to rule out Police and COPFS cockup.

No charges ultimately being brought is a truly terrible outcome, because the conspiracy theorists (on all sides) will spend months wanking themselves into oblivion on twitter.

They are already doing this on both sides.  One lot saying this an MI5 fit up, the other saying that Police Scotland and the CPS are covering up.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh