Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

4 minutes ago, strichener said:

Murrell was a ting treasurer until Beattie was re-appointed.

I've never heard that term before and I hope I'm not acting up when I suggest that you should take more care over spelling lest a pendant feel obliged to comment 

Has there been any suggestion of the Murrells making any personal gain out of this yet?

As far as I can see the worst they've done is spend too much cash on a motor home that belongs to the SNP. 

The lack of governance and transparency looks really dodgy but I'm not seeing a smoking gun.

Yet.

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Has there been any suggestion of the Murrells making any personal gain out of this yet?

As far as I can see the worst they've done is spend too much cash on a motor home that belongs to the SNP. 

The lack of governance and transparency looks really dodgy but I'm not seeing a smoking gun.

Yet.

What surprises me is that they didn't arrest all 3 af the same time - by doing it separately it just allows any story to be corroborated by the others.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

I've never heard that term before and I hope I'm not acting up when I suggest that you should take more care over spelling lest a pendant feel obliged to comment 

Swing and a miss...

Its all pretty confusing, we have 600K raised for an indy campaign. No campaign happens. People complain to police the money has been diverted where it shouldnt have e.g a General election campaign for the SNP. 

When did the Police actually start investigating this? was it in 2021? or later?

Then we have a strange loan for 110k from Murrell to SNP, nothing illegal at face value for that but seems unusual. 

Then we get the arrests  and a motor home is found that no one else claims to have known was bought and it was bought as a campaign bus but never used and is found on Murrells mums driveway

At same time we find out theres no auditors and they resigned in Sept but again no one else seems to have been aware of this apart from Murrell. 

We know the treasurer resigned and others over a lack of transparency a few years ago, We have some strange comments made by NS over last couple years.

Putting down any questioning of the accounts whenever asked and even more strange was the reply to the question about Murrells loan, where she said she wasnt aware of it, it was from his money and not hers and she had nothing to do with it. Which may be true but looks like someone clearing distancing themselves from something they are aware is dodgy, whether she knew in advance of loan or found out later who knows.

I agree theres no smoking gun yet and I still would be surprised Murrell did this for his own financial gain but its just so dodgy sounding now. I hope the Police investigation clears it up but I wouldnt be confident on that

Edited by ScotiaNostra

12 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

What surprises me is that they didn't arrest all 3 af the same time - by doing it separately it just allows any story to be corroborated by the others.

Because warrants have to be issued for investigatory arrests and they likely came through at different times.

This will be more well coordinated than the standard warrant issuing process. If you're a Unionist-minded official you're going to arrest the husband first to provide the initial jolt to the media and public, wait until things are dying down a little before arresting someone else to keep the story going, then a couple of weeks later you'll arrest the big fish. Impact maximised and as much damage inflicted as possible regardless of whether charges follow later on.

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

This will be more well coordinated than the standard warrant issuing process. If you're a Unionist-minded official you're going to arrest the husband first to provide the initial jolt to the media and public, wait until things are dying down a little before arresting someone else to keep the story going, then a couple of weeks later you'll arrest the big fish. Impact maximised and as much damage inflicted as possible regardless of whether charges follow later on.

^^^ Correct.

It wont matter a jot if (as I suspect) no one is charged.

The mud has been thrown......and no doubt the yoons will be hoping some of it sticks.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

^^^^ Parallel universe stuff here. 

At no point has anyone said that they haven't done anything wrong, but you'd be naive to believe that their opponents aren't looking to capitalise as much as possible on the opening that has been presented.

12 hours ago, ScotiaNostra said:

Its all pretty confusing, we have 600K raised for an indy campaign. No campaign happens. People complain to police the money has been diverted where it shouldnt have e.g a General election campaign for the SNP. 

When did the Police actually start investigating this? was it in 2021? or later?

Then we have a strange loan for 110k from Murrell to SNP, nothing illegal at face value for that but seems unusual. 

Then we get the arrests  and a motor home is found that no one else claims to have known was bought and it was bought as a campaign bus but never used and is found on Murrells mums driveway

At same time we find out theres no auditors and they resigned in Sept but again no one else seems to have been aware of this apart from Murrell. 

We know the treasurer resigned and others over a lack of transparency a few years ago, We have some strange comments made by NS over last couple years.

Putting down any questioning of the accounts whenever asked and even more strange was the reply to the question about Murrells loan, where she said she wasnt aware of it, it was from his money and not hers and she had nothing to do with it. Which may be true but looks like someone clearing distancing themselves from something they are aware is dodgy, whether she knew in advance of loan or found out later who knows.

I agree theres no smoking gun yet and I still would be surprised Murrell did this for his own financial gain but its just so dodgy sounding now. I hope the Police investigation clears it up but I wouldnt be confident on that

Unless the polis have something bigger in mind, this is still feeling bizarrely low stakes. If it turns out that wee Nic and her husband had a masterplan to ride off into the sunset with a stolen motorhome, I'll be cringing at her lack of ambition. Like all of them, she'll have made enough contacts to accrue millions in "retirement", should she so desire.

Any word on why the polis were digging up the garden yet? Tip off that the French diplomat's buried under the rhododendrons?

3 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

At no point has anyone said that they haven't done anything wrong, but you'd be naive to believe that their opponents aren't looking to capitalise as much as possible on the opening that has been presented.

Despite everyone from the major parties (and Alex Cole-Hamilton) being lined up for quotes in front of an open goal every day, it's pretty remarkable how toothless they've all been so far. Dunno if it's the old "they're definitely finished now, no need for us to do anything" arrogance, or the opposition is just still so useless that they can't come across as genuinely concerned human beings with a legitimate point to make.

20 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Despite everyone from the major parties (and Alex Cole-Hamilton) being lined up for quotes in front of an open goal every day, it's pretty remarkable how toothless they've all been so far. Dunno if it's the old "they're definitely finished now, no need for us to do anything" arrogance, or the opposition is just still so useless that they can't come across as genuinely concerned human beings with a legitimate point to make.

They're just keeping their mouths shut as far as possible to avoid potentially prejudicing a future trial

Is the teams of police officers, forensic tent, arrests (released without charge), media frenzy really over an amount of money an English league Premiership football player can earn in a couple of weeks. Surely not..😄🤔