Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

Probably devoting too much bandwidth to it but the SNP bought a ‘c.£110,000’ motorhome in the Spring of 2021. And then in June - around 4-8 weeks later - Peter loans the party £107,620 due to ‘cash flow difficulties’. Any connection does anyone think? 

She'll be above criticism until she switches to join the list of independence heroes who are now completely beyond the pale - Salmond, Cherry, Campbell, Forbes etc - there's no in between for the Judean People's Front

19 minutes ago, orfc said:

She'll be above criticism until she switches to join the list of independence heroes who are now completely beyond the pale - Salmond, Cherry, Campbell, Forbes etc - there's no in between for the Judean People's Front

I dont think you quite understand what "beyond the pale" means..............

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Nope, the list makes even less sense than the quote.

Beyond the pale: outside the bounds of what is acceptable, or regarded as good judgment, morality, etc. - from Wiktionary

Now we've cleared up your pedantic semantics can we agree I'm right? Yes? Good good 😊

8 minutes ago, orfc said:

Beyond the pale: outside the bounds of what is acceptable, or regarded as good judgment, morality, etc. - from Wiktionary

Now we've cleared up your pedantic semantics can we agree I'm right? Yes? Good good 😊

I think we all know you have made a shop front of yourself there............

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

So Joanna Cherry and Kate Forbes are apparently in the same category as "Mr sleepy cuddles" ?

Minterrific stuff

All former heroes but now persona non grata with the true believers, yes. It's getting difficult to name independence figures some of you do actually like :)

8 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

The snp going bankrupt wouldn’t do much to convince people who aren’t convinced by the economic argument for indy

This is the problem, whilst the diehards double down in their support. Anyone who is wavering or a soft yes is really at risk as this scandal prolongs.

I'm heartened by the fact support in the SNP is reducing but not support for Independence at the moment.

1 hour ago, Marlo Stanfield said:

Sevco National Party.

Without having a go at my own company (club!) there is a certain parallel of entitlement there.

Winning just about everything in sight, the opposition way behind in every way, the disdain for their rivals and then hitting some financial *ahem* turbulence.

Be interesting to see how many of the faithful turn up this time to bail them all out. Or will they all just look away expecting someone else to do it for them…

I reckon @Granny Danger should be in charge of passing roon’ his bunnet…

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

So Joanna Cherry and Kate Forbes are apparently in the same category as "Mr sleepy cuddles" ?

Minterrific stuff

So the only argument is who is or isn't 'beyond the pale' and he used the expression perfectly well.  Agreed?

2 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

The snp going bankrupt wouldn’t do much to convince people who aren’t convinced by the economic argument for indy

The major carriers of the 'Yes' message are a gang of troughers, shysters and chancers so, of course, the message is tainted by this.  The 'unconvinced middle' will be influenced by this.

As for the economic argument, well one hasn't been made beyond the 'look at our resources' unquantified stuff.  In particular, no one has tried to deal with:

1. The withdrawal of the Barnett Bonus, accounting for about 1/4 of government spending in Scotland.
2. The effect on Scottish trade by being outwith both the EU and UK single markets for an (as of now) unquantifiable period.
3. The fiscal and human resource cost of setting up all of the 'levers' needed for a new state.  The benchmark here is Social Security Scotland which will have taken 10 years from announcement to final implementation at a cost close to £1Bn.

The general approach to the economic case is, "Just trust us" and that approach is now holed below the waterline.

1 hour ago, George Cowley said:

Without having a go at my own company (club!) there is a certain parallel of entitlement there.

Winning just about everything in sight, the opposition way behind in every way, the disdain for their rivals and then hitting some financial *ahem* turbulence.

Be interesting to see how many of the faithful turn up this time to bail them all out. Or will they all just look away expecting someone else to do it for them…

I reckon @Granny Danger should be in charge of passing roon’ his bunnet…

They'll still claim their previous titles but will have to work their way up from the local council elections.