Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

It is but they do take an English precedent as worth following unless we have a serious divergence in legislation. On this I don’t think we do. 

English precedent is 'persuasive', but it isn't slavishly followed like down south. I can remember a certain Sheriff in Dundee who used to say things like 'what next, a case from Zimbabwe?' when the prosecution quoted multiple English appeal cases

Edited by lichtgilphead
spelling

I have seen this phraseology used regularly but it seems rather clunky and full of subliminal meaning:

The former first minister emerged from the home near Glasgow she shares with Peter Murrell”

Why isn’t it her home? Their home? The marital home? But it’s described as the ‘home she shares? Surely all spouses share their home with their significant other? 

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's the sort of phrase you use when couples live together but are no longer in a relationship.

Make of that what you will.

You guys are deeping that phrase too much IMO. 

The article is about him being charged so it makes sense for them to point out that he lives there too.

I have seen this phraseology used regularly but it seems rather clunky and full of subliminal meaning:

The former first minister emerged from the home near Glasgow she shares with Peter Murrell”

Why isn’t it her home? Their home? The marital home? But it’s described as the ‘home she shares? Surely all spouses share their home with their significant other? 

The BBC have used it for the duration of this farrago and it has puzzled me on each hearing. 

The obvious reading is that they are no longer biblical in their relationship but if that were to be so, why would such a powerful woman be hinging about in such an environment? 

People have to know. 

23 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

In another country this kind of scandal would involve millions and a superyacht. Here, it's six grand and a campervan.

This breaks on the same day that Humza tears up his climate change targets.

Do I keep voting for a party that is incompetent and determined to desroy itself, though nominally it represents to a great extent my own beliefs?

Yes, probably. Vote for the candidate. In my consituency it's a reasonable SNP incumbent whose biggest rival is a barking LibDem councillor who loves closing libraries. Oh and there's a ScoLab candidate who is as anonymous as all of them.

So, despite everything, it's a no-brainer, as the children say.

Sturgeon has destroyed it

And it will take time for her legacy, cronies and policies to f**k off

3 minutes ago, Disabled Access said:

Jane East Says: 

Absolute Nap that NS will announce that they are splitting up - even though she knew all about this.

She's the worlds best actor.  

Heads straight to Politics forum.

:rolleyes:

Tell you what, closet Unionist (I suspect, anyway, it would explain much) and screamy Nicola-hater Wings Stu will be thrashing about in an ecstatic onanistic frenzy over this. 

Just now, KirkieRR said:

Tell you what, closet Unionist (I suspect, anyway, it would explain much) and screamy Nicola-hater Wings Stu will be thrashing about in an ecstatic onanistic frenzy over this. 

Oh no. We’ve got another one…

13 hours ago, Rugster said:

No they won’t. In Scotland the police make the decision to charge or not, the fiscal decides if it’s sufficient to go to court. 

We all know this, but its pretty unlikely* - given the profile of this operation - that the Police officers involved have taken a flyer on this without a very good idea that it meets the bar for COPFS to proceed.

*I would say its a vanishingly small chance tbqhwy

10 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

He’s not a unionist, he’s just an unhinged babbling imbecile who, somehow, cottoned on to the absolute brain mush that is Twitter.  See Jim Spence for another case.  

But youre right.  If he slings about enough shit, some of it will stick.  

10 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

I actually wonder what's going on with him.

At the time of the referendum, his 'wee blue book' was everywhere, and he was churning out daily forensic analyses of alleged pro-Union bias in everything from broadcasting and print to the institutions, via his blog.  Mates of mine poured over his every word, giving me the Rev's take on all sorts of articles and issues.  Whilst he made a lot of good points, the nature of the blog meant that they were also unchallenged.

He took great pride in boasting of his Twitter blocked list, offering it to anyone 

Now however?  There's very little, if anything, about this sort of stuff, nor is he even making the case for independence.  He just attacks the SNP.

As for blocking the 'yoons'...?  Now he courts us.

That being said, he's still easily the best for solid, accurate information.

11 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

11 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Oh no. We’ve got another one…

You too?

12 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Heads straight to Politics forum.

:rolleyes:

I don't understand these guys, joining a football forum and heading to the politics section. I'm not sure if there even was a politics section when I joined.

And his post, which you quoted, seems to have disappeared.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

He’s not a unionist, he’s just an unhinged babbling imbecile who, somehow, cottoned on to the absolute brain mush that is Twitter.  See Jim Spence for another case.  

But youre right.  If he slings about enough shit, some of it will stick.  

He's a Stuionist - he jumps on whatever will get him the best chance of being abusive to as many people as possible while feeding his monumental ego. He's been like this since he was a teenager; there's a reason he had a mid-life switch to blogging about politics.

52 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I don't understand these guys, joining a football forum and heading to the politics section. I'm not sure if there even was a politics section when I joined.

And his post, which you quoted, seems to have disappeared.

Someone pointed out that this is literally the second hit on Google UK for 'politics forum', which is terrifying. Most of them are probably completely unaware that this is even a football forum before slamming their faces into the keyboard a few times.

Presumably the one who disappeared so quickly is one of our frequent fliers, though. I'd guess the Falkirk bigot.

16 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Someone pointed out that this is literally the second hit on Google UK for 'politics forum', which is terrifying. Most of them are probably completely unaware that this is even a football forum before slamming their faces into the keyboard a few times.

Just tried this.  P&B third, Mumsnet first!  :lol: