The Bairns Vs The Wee Guys

39 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Disappointing in the end as we failed to secure our play off position especially as we looked comfortable towards the end. Cammy B totally destroyed Morrison all game but Kennedy is a problem even though he's a little cheating diving cant. 

Rhys needs to find a way of playing himself as without doubt he should be in our best 11.

KK was certainly a problem for us in first half. My only concern was his inability to find his own fans to celebrate with. Maybe still suffering concussion from that light touch on the chest that caused the terrible head damage at the last match.

Talented, but he’s a wee fanny.

Amusing seeing fans from both teams trying to convince themselves that it was a better result for the other team. The reality is it proves that it doesn’t really matter where the teams finish as we lost at broomfield and are unbeaten at falkirk stadium. The two teams are pretty much even and all depends on who has the bottle in the play offs. Additionally, we might not even finish 3rd as alloa also remaining consistent so may not even meet. 

6 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

If we score first this lot will fold like a wet paper bag.

5 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Was it your maw who told you that?

3 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Genuinely sitting here wondering why the Airdrie support is so pathetic given the good run they have been on.

Can it be that no one in their festering corner of Lanarkshire gives a f**k about them?

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Weirdly reassured by that.

Played the first half like a training game and Airdrie offered nothing.

We forgot to come out for the second half and it still took us to gift them a Keystone Kops penalty for them to scrape a draw despite them apparently being an irresistible goal machine.

In all seriousness we are our own biggest threat with the ten minutes of madness that we seem to be throwing into every game.

You ok mate? You have made an absolute c**t of yourself here 

1 hour ago, DiamondT said:

Probably 2 points dropped in the end but take a draw as we only showed up for 20 minutes today. Really off it 1st half and deserved to go in 1 down but showed more in 2nd half of how easily we can cut the Falkirk defense apart if we play our game, Zero to fear against this mob in playoffs and still undefeated in Grangemouth. Happy days ♦️

FB_IMG_1681504267898.jpg

Is that a cut and paste from your queens park play off from last year ?

36 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Amusing seeing fans from both teams trying to convince themselves that it was a better result for the other team. The reality is it proves that it doesn’t really matter where the teams finish as we lost at broomfield and are unbeaten at falkirk stadium. The two teams are pretty much even and all depends on who has the bottle in the play offs. Additionally, we might not even finish 3rd as alloa also remaining consistent so may not even meet. 

Please try and convince me how a point for the team in 2nd who are 5 points clear of 3rd and 7 points clear of 4th isn’t better than a point for the team in 3rd who are only 2 ahead of 4th.

Please also try and convince me that finishing 2nd isn’t better than finishing 3rd.

The playoff fixture will also be nothing likes todays game which had the feel of a meaningless end of season game for some reason. 

Predicted a draw but at half time I could not see where we'd get a goal. Thankfully we managed to get into the Falkirk half for just enough of a spell , with  a few aids from the defenders failing to defend that corner, and the goalie making a poor decision in chasing Frizzel.

Clearly a win would have eased the play off place  concerns, but maybe our wide players will actually support Gallagher next week. 

Also feel that McCabe needs to play next week. 

How the game today shed light on the playoffs is still debatable.

As long as we keep ahead  of Queen of the South, I don't care which spot we occupy after game 36.

Draw a fair result today I thought. We were possibly marginally better in the first half but Airdrie definitely better in the second half. 

Poor defending got us 1-0 up at half time after the Airdrie player allowed the ball to bounce, a good run by Morrison on the counter, Oliver done well to win the ball though I thought the defence could have done better. Our best player in the first half opened the scoring. 

Second half and we didn't turn up until we went 2-1 down. A free shot in the box from a corner then a defence calamity that the whole stadium could predict the end result of before it happened.

A hopeful cross into the box by Yeats was won by Henderson and Burrell scored to level it up. Still had a worrying last few minutes where I thought Airdrie would nick it but thankfully we saw the game out. 

A better point for us than Airdrie I thought 

Holy f**k! The attempt by some of the Airdrie fans on here to manufacture a rivalry borders on the obsessive. 

On the game itself, I think a draw is a fair result but it doesn’t really matter on who it suits best as in all likelihood we’ll be meeting again in the 2nd/3rd play off. Dominated the first half without really creating anything Kai’s goal aside. Our usual 25 minute wild spell where the players seemed to think they were playing in a pre season friendly the way they were strolling around meant we were lucky it was only 2-1. Rumarn dug us out but him and Jordan should have been on as soon as Airdrie scored their first.

Not much between the sides, the difference is going to come down to who is more clinical over the 2 legs.

I do think Airdrie are probably the 3rd best side in the league, only thing that may count against them is they have a tough run in, although depends what sort of mood Dunfermline are in after today.

I genuinely also think the officials in this league are in some sort of competition to see who can put in the worst display, today was more laughable than anything else, from nearly scoring from Oliver playing handball in the first half, to giving Airdrie a free kick for McCabe shoving one of our players over, I genuinely hope that they get some decent officials sorted for the playoffs.

also forgot about the 3 minute stoppage he allowed for someone to tie his lace, do they even have supervisors at these games anymore!

Edited by FFC1982
Adding on a bit

30 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Please try and convince me how a point for the team in 2nd who are 5 points clear of 3rd and 7 points clear of 4th isn’t better than a point for the team in 3rd who are only 2 ahead of 4th.

Please also try and convince me that finishing 2nd isn’t better than finishing 3rd.

The playoff fixture will also be nothing likes todays game which had the feel of a meaningless end of season game for some reason. 

Because it doesn’t matter. Whether you are second or third, our results have shown that we can both beat each other no matter where we play so there doesn’t seem to be any advantage whether you play at home first or second. 

7 minutes ago, FFC1982 said:

Holy f**k! The attempt by some of the Airdrie fans on here to manufacture a rivalry borders on the obsessive. 

On the game itself, I think a draw is a fair result but it doesn’t really matter on who it suits best as in all likelihood we’ll be meeting again in the 2nd/3rd play off. Dominated the first half without really creating anything Kai’s goal aside. Our usual 25 minute wild spell where the players seemed to think they were playing in a pre season friendly the way they were strolling around meant we were lucky it was only 2-1. Rumarn dug us out but him and Jordan should have been on as soon as Airdrie scored their first.

Not much between the sides, the difference is going to come down to who is more clinical over the 2 legs.

I do think Airdrie are probably the 3rd best side in the league, only thing that may count against them is they have a tough run in, although depends what sort of mood Dunfermline are in after today.

“I do think airdrie are probably the 3rd best side in the league”

😂😂 good effort

9 minutes ago, FFC1982 said:

I genuinely also think the officials in this league are in some sort of competition to see who can put in the worst display, today was more laughable than anything else, from nearly scoring from Oliver playing handball in the first half, to giving Airdrie a free kick for McCabe shoving one of our players over, I genuinely hope that they get some decent officials sorted for the playoffs.

also forgot about the 3 minute stoppage he allowed for someone to tie his lace, do they even have supervisors at these games anymore!

I thought the referee was fine today, the basketball attempt from Oliver aside. 

On the lace tying, if only our own players were as gallus then we'd be loving it. "Game management" I think is the phrase

Agreed we’ll be meeting in the playoffs first leg and it doesn’t really matter who plays at home last. Both teams have huge bottle potential but i guess one of us has to get to the final. Very disappointed with how we’ve applied ourselves since Dunfermline away. 

Not going to trail through the guff in the pages prior.

Airdrie seem desperate to latch to us for some sort of rivalry, suppose that’s what happens when you’re completely irrelevant.

This was a bigger game for Airdrie today than it was for us and it took a calamity of a penalty to put them in front. 

For the majority of the game, I really wasn’t threatened by Airdrie.

We rightfully got a draw to all but secure second spot, when we played as pretty much as bad as you can in the second half.

Just get us to Hampden already.

4 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

Not going to trail through the guff in the pages prior.

Airdrie seem desperate to latch to us for some sort of rivalry, suppose that’s what happens when you’re completely irrelevant.

This was a bigger game for Airdrie today than it was for us and it took a calamity of a penalty to put them in front. 

For the majority of the game, I really wasn’t threatened by Airdrie.

We rightfully got a draw to all but secure second spot, when we played as pretty much as bad as you can in the second half.

Just get us to Hampden already.

Wee Jinky obviously had a few drinks to celebrate the last minute equaliser