Inverness CT v Dundee

55 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Thought we played really pretty well and it definitely feels like 2 points dropped. 
Beautiful to knock Caley right out of the title race though so that’s a decent consolation. Stay doon cuntos. 

If Dundee go up it’s quite obvious they’ll drop straight back down again, sadly!

Funny game. We looked totally off the boil first hour then could quite easily have snuck it. Big difference moving Carson into midfield for the drive required to help the boys upfront. Nathan Shaw suddenly burst into life, the pairing of Dan McKay and Austin Samuels gave us some pace (even if they didn’t know where the ball was!) 

dundee battered us and have some tidy players but there really weren’t that many chances in the whole game. 

not sure if Welsh was injured or being saved for the semis but we really miss him - definite lack of craft and guile in there and considering that was a left back playing in the middle maybe that’s not a huge surprise. Great to get Duffy back for the semi since Carson is suspended I believe. 
looks like it’ll be down to the wire for all 5/6 teams on the final Friday. Excellent ! 

35 minutes ago, Ott said:

Funny game. We looked totally off the boil first hour then could quite easily have snuck it. Big difference moving Carson into midfield for the drive required to help the boys upfront. Nathan Shaw suddenly burst into life, the pairing of Dan McKay and Austin Samuels gave us some pace (even if they didn’t know where the ball was!) 

dundee battered us and have some tidy players but there really weren’t that many chances in the whole game. 

not sure if Welsh was injured or being saved for the semis but we really miss him - definite lack of craft and guile in there and considering that was a left back playing in the middle maybe that’s not a huge surprise. Great to get Duffy back for the semi since Carson is suspended I believe. 
looks like it’ll be down to the wire for all 5/6 teams on the final Friday. Excellent ! 

It was obvious from the get go how much of a miss Welsh would be and I feared the worst when he was withdrawn so near the end of the midweek game. I hope he is back very soon.

I was delighted by Danny's contribution. There were flashes of confidence driven excellence and come to think of it, his help has been crucial in delivering points in the last week that we otherwise would've waved goodbye to. So too with Austin Samuels and I feel that they might just have that wee bit about them to make this a memorable time. Onwards and upwards.

By the way, I thought the referee Euan Anderson let the game flow and he wasn't for blowing when any player would try to buy a foul.

1 hour ago, NorthStand10 said:

If Dundee go up it’s quite obvious they’ll drop straight back down again, sadly!

Based on what? Because it's unlikely many of that line-up today will be at the club.

Half the team is either on loan or out of contract in the summer, the squad will look completely different and will be rebuilt on a Premiership budget.

The team might be much stronger, could also be worse. Absolutely no way of knowing.

3 hours ago, Number1IsJamieAdams said:

It’s QP or Dundee for the title because QP & Dundee can’t both lose out… Ayr, Inverness, Partick or Morton. 2 of those will complete the playoff spots!

Yes, Partick can overtake QP or Dundee if either of them lose both remaining games. But since they play each other that rules Partick out from the title.  They can finish second though.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Based on what? Because it's unlikely many of that line-up today will be at the club.

I am absolutely shuddering at the thought but (mostly) agreeing with a Dundee fan here.

Any team that goes up from this Championship needs at minimum 7/8 good signings in order to compete/stay in the premiership next season imo. The starting line ups of most/all championship teams would get ragdolled by premiership teams on a regular basis. 

3 hours ago, sophia said:

Bon voyage

We'll always have Rotherham 

ae719b8ac02f32a7e086dd7d7abf2503.jpg

I really haven’t noticed Sophia much in the years I’ve been on P and B but when you’ve clearly extremely upset that utter roaster Sandy to the point he’s obviously on the verge of tears, I have to say you gain my full admiration. Keep up the good work. 

Edited by Fifespud
Repetition

The game lived up to the old adage of a clear game of two halves.

If Dundee had had an out and out striker yesterday along the lIkes of Graham, Savoury, Murray etc we would have been well and truly buried in the first half but even with the good ball control and play luckily for us none of their forwards could convert as they blew our defence away, they squandered corner after corner with good balls into the box but failed  due to lack of player height.

Fancy footwork and slick passing was all for nothing.

The second half was a more even game and with the introduction of Samuels we came alive and that begs the question as to why he didn't start.

Then with our goal Dundee's arses collapsed and it was as if the whole first half Dundee team had been substituted with also rans, which it almost was, and looked like desperation from Bowyer. 

When I saw McMullan on the bench I thought that we had a good chance as I always have seen him as a thorn in our side but when he did come on he was a shadow of how he normally plays thank goodness.

Edited by SandyCromarty

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

What fucking dreadful logic that is.

Let’s be honest you’re a yo-yo club at present and I don’t expect that to change next season, some clubs like Dundee just don’t have that taste for success and standards, certainly not in recent times unless I’m missing something.

Whereas The Caley are a club who don’t merely have a taste for it, we are simply cooking in success and standards in our short history, we’ve another trip to Hampden next week for example.

Whereas The Caley are a club who don’t merely have a taste for it.

Certainly, sir. I've never seen a team who looked destined for a relegation play off spot take the bull by the horns and attack! attack! attack! mid table with such ferocity.

I wish you guys nothing but tasty, tasty nourishment of fourth place.

Go get 'em, Caley.

43 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Certainly, sir. I've never seen a team who looked destined for a relegation play off spot take the bull by the horns and attack! attack! attack! mid table with such ferocity.

I wish you guys nothing but tasty, tasty nourishment of fourth place.

Go get 'em, Caley.

Don’t avoid our European journey next season!