Aberdeen vs Rangers

8 hours ago, AJF said:

It’s just an opinion mate where we are splitting hairs. If he does finish more points behind Celtic than when he took over I won’t call it hyperbole. For now I think it is though. 

Tbh I just think it looks like you’ve made a poor managerial appointment. He’s had 3 games against Celtic and 1 game against an in form Aberdeen (in each of those games your opposition has only turned up for 45 mins) and he’s not been able to lay a glove on them. He’s only had 1 window, fair point, however why he didn’t bring in a central defender, goalkeeper and striker on loan was a glaring f**k up as McGregor, Davies and Souttar are awful footballers and Morelos doesn’t care. His continual starting of Lundstram must be baffling for you.

He’s banging on about doing a duel DoF role when so far, either in London or Glasgow he’s not even been competent in his day job - the guy comes across an over confident, arrogant banger !!

Thought we did well to stay in it in the first half when they were playing well. 

Really enjoyed Miovski and Ramadani playing to the crowd.  Both had great games too. 

Miovski's goal (and Clarkson's ball in) was a thing of beauty. Get it right up that Kuato looking sour grapes spouting twat with his "foul in the build up" shite. 

And get it right up Nick Walsh too. Warning for the ball boys? for the love of god. 

Loving the Robson era.  I can only presume that him and Agnew had a strong word with those upstairs in AB24 about what it takes for the mid-size budget clubs (i.e. us, the Edinburgh clubs and arguably United) to be successful in this league vs falling flat on their face. They have somewhat simplified this 'footballing philosophy' thing that Cormack introduced from the Atlanta Cherry-Pit Spitters or wherever.

Sevco were neat and tidy first half and cut us open two or three times - luck and some good last-ditch defending kept us in it.

Scales has really come on under Robson and was immense yesterday, and that precision 45 yard chip into the postage chip just summed up his performance. The second was a thing of beauty and nice for the VAR to go for Bojan and get him up and running again, after a bonnie finish in Dingwall last week being dubiously ruled out.

Other than a ten-minute flurry where we looked like losing the inevitable squeaky-backside/ potential @rse-collapse goal - it was relatively comfortable after that.

We still haven't really had a chance to see how a Robson team copes with adversity in an 11 v 11 game that isn't at Parkheid.  That will doubtless come in the games ahead, but good that the buffer on Hearts is maintained, as the way the post-split fixtures are likely to pan out, I think we will need it.

Edited by tarapoa

2 hours ago, AJF said:

No? But that’s not what I am saying. I’m saying if he drops more than 9 points against Celtic in his time here (which was the gap when he took charge) it wouldn’t be hyperbole. As it stands though, it’s 4, which is not a lot considering he has had a game at Celtic park with an inferior squad and only 1 transfer window thus far.

Sounds like you are making some excuses for it tbh.

I can’t for a minute believe that his remit was to not finish a further 9 points behind Celtic, I’d imagine it was to close the existing one this season. If the status quo in the league remains and if we win the semi next week the only conclusion is he has failed to achieve any of the key goals that have been set.

That’s not hyperbole, it’s reality. 

Was there a more fitting send off for wee fat head yesterday? 

I know he loves his trips to pittodrie, and begrudgingly there has been the odd occasion where he has performed. But yesterday was a thing of beauty, a total nothing performance. Just walking about with that ridiculous petulant sour face that he has. 

Wonderful. 

8 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

It was the Cockney spiv giving a master class in deflection & straw clutching. 

He’ll be gone soon.

Even their fans aren’t so thick that they won’t see through his bullshit. 

According to his assistant Neil Banfield (?), Micky Beale is not far off Thomas Tuchel, Julian Nagelsmann, Mauricio Pochettino, and reminds him of Arsene Wenger.

Just now, kingjoey said:

According to his assistant Neil Banfield (?), Micky Beale is not far off Thomas Tuchel, Julian Nagelsmann, Mauricio Pochettino, and reminds him of Arsene Wenger.

I heard that. 
Radio Scotland were all pissing themselves laughing at it.

I’d never even heard of this Banfield character, or aware who he was. 
Maybe because he’s too far up Mick’s arse. 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’d say he’s more Pete Beale than Mick Beale. 
All Cockney bullshit & zero substance. 
He won’t last long. 

It must be absolutely galling to be a rangers fan right now. They have Lundstram, Cantwell and Sakala where Celtic have McGregor, Hatate and Kyogo. I genuinely don't think there is a rangers player who would get anywhere near the Celtic starting eleven. 

Absolutely glorious pumping them though. 

2 hours ago, AJF said:

No? But that’s not what I am saying. I’m saying if he drops more than 9 points against Celtic in his time here (which was the gap when he took charge) it wouldn’t be hyperbole. As it stands though, it’s 4, which is not a lot considering he has had a game at Celtic park with an inferior squad and only 1 transfer window thus far.

I get it M8, the gap is only 4 points not 13, listening to Beale and the media that the improvement is there for all to see.

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Its obviously a nonsense comment, and thats before you consider that none of those managers mentioned have the baked in refereeing advantages that Beale (or anyone else) has working for Rangers.

e.g. Its now over 50 matches since Rangers had a penalty awarded against them................

22 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Sounds like you are making some excuses for it tbh.

I can’t for a minute believe that his remit was to not finish a further 9 points behind Celtic, I’d imagine it was to close the existing one this season. If the status quo in the league remains and if we win the semi next week the only conclusion is he has failed to achieve any of the key goals that have been set.

That’s not hyperbole, it’s reality. 

You’re disregarding everything I’ve said and are making arguments against points I’ve not made. I simply said stating that Beale has had a spectacular capitulation was hyperbole considering we were already in a position playing catch up. Nobody is saying he has achieved anything or anything similar. Nobody is saying he has met the remit given to him.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbh I just think it looks like you’ve made a poor managerial appointment. He’s had 3 games against Celtic and 1 game against an in form Aberdeen (in each of those games your opposition has only turned up for 45 mins) and he’s not been able to lay a glove on them. He’s only had 1 window, fair point, however why he didn’t bring in a central defender, goalkeeper and striker on loan was a glaring f**k up as McGregor, Davies and Souttar are awful footballers and Morelos doesn’t care. His continual starting of Lundstram must be baffling for you.

He’s banging on about doing a duel DoF role when so far, either in London or Glasgow he’s not even been competent in his day job - the guy comes across an over confident, arrogant banger !!

I share all of those same concerns (I appreciate they aren’t concerns for you), and voiced my reservations at the time regarding his appointment due to the lack of experience.

However… with that being said, his league record really isn’t bad at all. 15 wins, 2 defeats and 1 draw in 18 games is 2.55 points per game. A projection of 97 points over a season. Obviously this will likely come down, but 18 games is a large sample size and under normal circumstances that would be title winning numbers 9 times out of 10.

Obviously you then need to factor in the cup final defeat which is a failing, but I don’t think many were predicting or anticipating we would win that.

He hasn’t been shy in stating he requires at least 4 or 5 bodies in. I can only assume that finances restricted us bringing in those (on top of Cantwell and Raskin) in January.

38 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Its obviously a nonsense comment, and thats before you consider that none of those managers mentioned have the baked in refereeing advantages that Beale (or anyone else) has working for Rangers.

e.g. Its now over 50 matches since Rangers had a penalty awarded against them................

That was one of the big things yesterday. The boys showed massive discipline to not give the ref an opportunity to give them a penalty or red card. I guess the Shinnie situation set the scene.

Also the Hayes foul was a clear penalty that should have been given to us. Therefore, to beat them with this level of advantage is excellent.

38 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I was looking forward to hearing what they were going to say about the game on the radio this morning and the Radio Scotland 7.25am sports report was all about the ‘fairytale’ story at Wrexham and didn’t even mention Scottish football at all.

I thought I was listening to another radio station when I woke to that. Unbelievable considering the drama in Scottish fitba over the weekend.....including the Highland League