Alloa Athletic V Falkirk FC

18 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Best we’ve played since Ayr game, looked a far better formation/shape, and Williamson has given McGlynn a headache for the starting eleven next week. 

We played well with that formation v Dunfermline too. The front three looked a real handful. Pace and movement of MOrrison and Burrell and Kennedy with the craft. 
I wouldn’t play Williamson, he would last about 20 minutes in the wide open spaces of Hampden. He will be effective in the play offs on that form. 

24 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We played well with that formation v Dunfermline too. The front three looked a real handful. Pace and movement of MOrrison and Burrell and Kennedy with the craft. 
I wouldn’t play Williamson, he would last about 20 minutes in the wide open spaces of Hampden. He will be effective in the play offs on that form. 

The pitch at Hampden is at most a few yards wider than at Alloa. I'd take a chance in Williamson. His 2 assists were executed to perfection today.

2 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

The pitch at Hampden is at most a few yards wider than at Alloa. I'd take a chance in Williamson. His 2 assists were executed to perfection today.

Not for me. Be surprised if McGlynn does either. TBF on Rowe he has not done a lot wrong not to play 

Really poor today. Falkirk started brightly and then when we let in a cheap goal we never really got going, while Falkirk got a big lift. Hogarth entirely to blame for the first, he didn't look great for the second (he seemed to get a good hand to the door, did should have kept it out) and the defending for the last two was pretty poor with two uncontested headers. Although Falkirk were so far ahead in the game they were well worth the win and the scoreline.

Whenever I see us line up with Sammon and MacIver up front together my heart sinks a little, as I know that we're going to be serving up 90 minutes of hoofball to two strikers who will fail to hold it up. Although I do recognise that our options are very limited.

We've now got 2 games to get 1 point (although we may not even need that to limp into the play-offs) but I really can't see any of the other three teams in the play-offs bring too worried by the prospect off playing us.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Remember that he will certainly have to tackle next week.

Its a no from me.

I don't think Williamson will play, Mcglynn will go back to team that went on earlier winning streak with Oliver up top. Williamson should only be considered for last 20 minutes if we are chasing the game. He has performed well though in last two

7 hours ago, Waspie said:

Unlike those other Alloa sides, I'd really fear for the current crop if they did manage to get up through the play offs. But not going to complain if we manage it. 'Mon the Wasps. 

Very true as shown today. Still think we are a much better proposition to sign for if we can sneak a promotion. Obviously other factors involved too but Queen's Park had a breakout season despite sneaking in unconvincingly last year. Going to be an interesting summer in terms of extensions and signings - last year was an evolution than a revolution from the BF era. I think we could do with new blood.

Really poor Alloa performance today In particular I couldn’t believe how passive Strachan was, he can cross a ball & has a long throw but showed absolutely no heart, grit & determination on the left side where Doyle was battling for everything on the right.  It actually looked like he didn’t want to be on the pitch & was frightened to advance forward with the ball. In my opinion he shouldn’t  be anywhere near an Alloa shirt & the manager must have seen a different match to me in that he never took him off. 
Having said that I just felt Falkirk had too much for us. Morrison is a handful & with Kennedy & Burrell they will be a threat for most teams. Time to dust ourselves down & go again next week. Taggs & Donnelly are a big miss. 

48 minutes ago, Dink said:

Really poor today. Falkirk started brightly and then when we let in a cheap goal we never really got going, while Falkirk got a big lift. Hogarth entirely to blame for the first, he didn't look great for the second (he seemed to get a good hand to the door, did should have kept it out) and the defending for the last two was pretty poor with two uncontested headers. Although Falkirk were so far ahead in the game they were well worth the win and the scoreline.

Whenever I see us line up with Sammon and MacIver up front together my heart sinks a little, as I know that we're going to be serving up 90 minutes of hoofball to two strikers who will fail to hold it up. Although I do recognise that our options are very limited.

We've now got 2 games to get 1 point (although we may not even need that to limp into the play-offs) but I really can't see any of the other three teams in the play-offs bring too worried by the prospect off playing us.

We'll play a reserve side I'm sure in the last game against Edinburgh so they'll almost certainly win. So Alloa will need a point, a couple of tough games left too

22 minutes ago, Jagwasp said:

Really poor Alloa performance today In particular I couldn’t believe how passive Strachan was, he can cross a ball & has a long throw but showed absolutely no heart, grit & determination on the left side where Doyle was battling for everything on the right.  It actually looked like he didn’t want to be on the pitch & was frightened to advance forward with the ball. In my opinion he shouldn’t  be anywhere near an Alloa shirt & the manager must have seen a different match to me in that he never took him off. 
Having said that I just felt Falkirk had too much for us. Morrison is a handful & with Kennedy & Burrell they will be a threat for most teams. Time to dust ourselves down & go again next week. Taggs & Donnelly are a big miss. 

Steady, m8!

3 minutes ago, Jagwasp said:

Expand . Do you rate Strachan & would you have him in your starting line up ? 

I'm certainly comfortable with him "near an Alloa" shirt. He's done fine for us, well in several games.

26 minutes ago, printer said:

I'm certainly comfortable with him "near an Alloa" shirt. He's done fine for us, well in several games.

The game is full of opinions which is healthy but I’ll have to agree to disagree on this one & think he’s been a poor signing and was really poor again today. 

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Very true as shown today. Still think we are a much better proposition to sign for if we can sneak a promotion. Obviously other factors involved too but Queen's Park had a breakout season despite sneaking in unconvincingly last year. Going to be an interesting summer in terms of extensions and signings - last year was an evolution than a revolution from the BF era. I think we could do with new blood.

I'm sure we would be a more attractive proposition although not convinced that would change some fundamental underlying issues. 

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

We'll play a reserve side I'm sure in the last game against Edinburgh so they'll almost certainly win. So Alloa will need a point, a couple of tough games left too

The reserve team surely can't do much worse than your first team has managed against Edinburgh! 

We got lucky again today with the other results. If we can't manage 1 point from the last 2 games - a scenario that would mean we'd clinch a play-off spot with 1 win and 1 draw from our last 6 games - then we certainly don't deserve the opportunity. 

Brian Rice post match interview.  Manager blaming players mistakes, having a go at fans complaining. Zero acknowledgement that maybe the team selection/formation wasn’t right. Take some ownership, if he’s not happy and being critical of players does he expect the paying punters to meekly sit and say nothing during a shitshow?