Peterhead v Clyde

Awful performance, other than Mullen (even then, he came out and dropped a cross). Even Roberts was dreadful. Great goal from Salkeld in fairness, we didn’t look close to scoring prior to that.

Penalty looked like naive defending from Craig and "intelligent" play from McCarthy. Looked like just as much contact on McDonald following our goal, who was booked for diving. The referee was an absolute weirdo, some completely made up fouls.

I still suspect we will be seeing Peterhead four times next season. 

I hope all the injured Peterhead players are okay.

Can't believe somebody called this game bad, it was full of slinky flair and flying wingers.....na only joking it was indeed another El Shitico.Missed pen and punts over the bar from 8 yards.As I said in our last game it's like 2 bald men arguing over comb...see ya next season nae doubt 

1 hour ago, CM. said:

Virgin last week, weirdo this week. Can't wait till next weeks anology :lol: 

There was a point where he was being crowded by a couple of Peterhead players and he just turned round and blasted his whistle in their faces. 

The one thing he did get right was that he had Oyinsan marked out as a perennial diver from minute one.

Blew it with the penalty miss as well as missing a couple of sitters.

Sooner this season is over the better and probably just as well that we'll be spared the agony of getting thrashed in the playoffs.

Clyde will have to step it up to get through the playoffs and stay up.

8 hours ago, Bob731 said:

Anyone else thinking potentially a McNiff andLove special to send us down ?

I was actually hoping you lot would be going straight down because Peter Grant has made himself one of the first names on our teamsheet. It would be a bit of a pest not being able to play him if we get to the final and have you lot.

Fwiw I'm not at all confident of us beating Annan. We've beaten them three times this season, but two of them were very tight. And they pumped us 3-1 going on 10-1 the other week.

17 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I was actually hoping you lot would be going straight down because Peter Grant has made himself one of the first names on our teamsheet. It would be a bit of a pest not being able to play him if we get to the final and have you lot.

Fwiw I'm not at all confident of us beating Annan. We've beaten them three times this season, but two of them were very tight. And they pumped us 3-1 going on 10-1 the other week.

I'm going with us being relegated by a Tony Wallace penalty, after a Tommy Muir dive. 

Great goal yesterday, I was already out of the stand and down at pitch side, didn’t get a clear view of how it flew in so didn’t appreciate it was such a well hit first time finish. Sula did very well despite that big lad pushing him in the back to get a flick on.

Battling performance and although we weren’t great we were always in the game. To quote Danny Lennon we’ve competed well in most games but had made a habit of always managing to lose them. It’s been nice to break that over the last 4 games.

Next week will be a difficult one but hopefully with Dunfermline not having much to play for we can sneak a 0-0. It’s not impossible that Peterhead will beat Kelty next week and leave us with a very uncomfortable final day if we take nothing. 

8 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If Peter Grant is the first name on the team sheet, we may well have a chance here!

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

If Peter Grant is the first name on the team sheet, we may well have a chance here!

He's been absolutely excellent for us. I was pretty underwhelmed when we brought him in, but he's made himself a really important player. His brain is just on a different level to most of the guys playing in League Two and I'm not sure he's lost a header in his time with us. He's set up a couple of goals too.

If we stay down then I'd be offering him a permanent deal. If we go up then I'm not sure he'll have the legs for it (as shown with you lot), but I'd be really pleased to have him around for another season in League Two. It's nice to have a proper leader on the park too. That was something we lacked until we brought him in.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

He's been absolutely excellent for us. I was pretty underwhelmed when we brought him in, but he's made himself a really important player. His brain is just on a different level to most of the guys playing in League Two and I'm not sure he's lost a header in his time with us. He's set up a couple of goals too.

If we stay down then I'd be offering him a permanent deal. If we go up then I'm not sure he'll have the legs for it (as shown with you lot), but I'd be really pleased to have him around for another season in League Two. It's nice to have a proper leader on the park too. That was something we lacked until we brought him in.

It’s funny how it’s worked out as McGeever has been good for us too, although injured for the last few games. A proper no nonsense cb and a big improvement on Peter grant imo.