Post split fixtures

1 hour ago, Stylish Kid said:

Conversely, they've had weeks to plan and agree around a limited number of permutations 

The SPFL could well have worked out those permutations but they've probably got to consult with Sky and the police who I'd doubt can be bothered looking at it on a 'what if' basis.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

The next game isn't for the best part of 2 weeks unless I'm missing something - I can't really see the panic here (even allowing for folk that are desperate for an advanced ticket on the train) if the general intention is to release it on the first working day after the weekend where everything was confirmed.

You are grossly underestimating the desire* for Scottish Football fans to have a implied injustice to rail against at the earliest opportunity. I've already cancelled two work meetings with this announcement in mind and I'm on the fifth go at my permutations spreadsheet.

*need

9 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

The SPFL could well have worked out those permutations but they've probably got to consult with Sky and the police who I'd doubt can be bothered looking at it on a 'what if' basis.

That is their job. That is what the police is for.

Perfectly reasonable for a sporting competition which hundreds of thousands of people will be going to watch in May to send three or four options to the police and say "Tell us if each of these is ok or not".

It's hardly a hugely taxing or unreasonable request.

In Scotland there seems to be this obsession with what the police think of sporting events. Other countries seem to just get on with things, within reason. The police's job is to make society safe for people to enjoy themselves. We're asking them to police some fitba matches, not oversea a fucking gang war. It's ridiculous how it's made out to be such a huge deal.

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Perfectly reasonable for a sporting competition which hundreds of thousands of people will be going to watch in May to send three or four options to the police and say "Tell us if each of these is ok or not".

In Scotland there seems to be this obsession with what the police think of sporting events. Other countries seem to just get on with things, within reason. The police's job is to make society safe for people to enjoy themselves. We're asking them to police some fitba matches, not oversea a fucking gang war. It's ridiculous how it's made out to be such a huge deal.

FFS. No, it's not their job to waste time discussing hypotheticals with third party event organisers. What a wild notion.

4 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

FFS. No, it's not their job to waste time discussing hypotheticals with third party event organisers. What a wild notion.

That's a remarkable view of what the police's function in society is. The police deal with hypotheticals all the time.

They exist to make a functioning society safe. The idea they are MUCH TOO BUSY to look at an email with four options on it and say aye or no to each option is hilarious.

8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Eh?!!!

Why the f**k would they?

The police, who are already massively understaffed compared to years gone by, are not going to sift through a lot of fixture permutations, the majority of which wouldn’t be happening, when they can just wait until today.

I get that we’re all keen to find out, but ultimately what difference does waiting an extra 12 hours make?

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

That's a remarkable view of what the police's function in society is. The police deal with hypotheticals all the time.

They exist to make a functioning society safe. The idea they are MUCH TOO BUSY to look at an email with four options on it and say aye or no to each option is hilarious.

Absolutely mental. It's not looking at one email and saying, "aye, alright lads". They have to actually make arrangements to allocate resources to those fixtures, taking into account other demands on their resources on each occasion at each location. That's a fair amount of work to be undertaken by a grossly overstretched public body just to satisfy the impatient demands of some knicker wetters on the internet. How about those fixtures? Great. Now what about these fixtures? And maybe these fixtures .. or we could shuffle this one about - what about now?  

The SPFL employs a ludicrously low number of staff, it's something like 5 people in total for absolutely everything, and almost all just on Monday 9-5 jobs. It's not a surprise that things like this take longer with that in mind. If people have an issue here, they should take it up with the clubs for choosing to fund the SPFL at this bare minimum level.

The good news is that they seem to have realised this, and have now agreed to launch a marketing hub jointly with the SFA and SWPL which will hopefully allow a few more people to be employed for this sort of thing.

Edited by craigkillie

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

The SPFL employs a ludicrously low number of staff, it's something like 5 people in total for absolutely everything, and almost all just on Monday 9-5 jobs. It's not a surprise that things like this take longer with that in mind. If people have an issue here, they should take it up with the clubs for choosing to fund the SPFL at this bare minimum level.

The SPFL could just get @Div to put it to a twitter vote! 

Don’t really care who we get at home, or who we get away. After our flop performance on Saturday, just pleased we finally fell over the line to make it. Just wondering though, with the league title all but over, and one arse cheek being pumped out the cup before the post-split fixtures, could the uglies be more vulnerable to a diddy defeat than normal. Either because Celtic or the Ibrox AllStars 2012 are eyeing the cup final, or in the case of the tribute act, because after this weekend their season is officially 100% Norwegian Blue parrot.

4 hours ago, Molotov said:

We know the reason for the delay. It’s all about two teams and no other club fcuking matters to those cnuts.

I know the police will stop this, and I don’t blame them because all 3 clubs were/are an embarrassment, but when you think about it it’s pretty mental that Celtic vs Rangers isn’t the first fixture after the split for 3 reasons:

Biggest fixture in the league with a potential for it to be a league decider.

Chance to extend the title race if Rangers win.

Leaves Rangers (and of course Celtic) slightly more in control of their own destiny than if they avoid each other until the title is done.

4 hours ago, Molotov said:

We know the reason for the delay. It’s all about two teams and no other club fcuking matters to those cnuts.

You just know SKY TV reps and Police Scotland are sitting at a table arguing like f**k why the first game after the split should be/shouldn't be an old firm game. 

I hate the split is is totally wrong to have a league with 33 + 5 matches 

Anyway I hope they do go for Rangers-Celtic first game.  There is no way Celtic would want to win the league with no fans -- totally meaningless.  Rangers fans know how rubbish that is.

Everyone would win Rangers would get a derby win and Celtic could have a home match the following week.