Nations League

12 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Why did Belgium substitute their keeper in 90+3 mins?  Thankfully they seemed to put Lee Van Gibson in goals and she couldnt get to the header

Their first choice goalie got injured after our 3rd goal.

Just now, itzdrk said:

Is there any evidence to these match fixing claims, are SWNT not just pretty terrible? 

I don't watch a lot of them, but I watched the away game against England and we were really unlucky to lose 2-1. That performance tonight was suspicious to say the least.

40 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

I am still seething. 

The Argentina game was Kerr making an arse of game management. The Ireland Playoff just never worked out. That tonight is gutless, spineless, shitebag from every one of them. They surely didn't lie down to England but that folk are even thinking about it is staggering. Gaffer is a haddy and every one of the players should be mortified 

Seething?!

Got their arses felt.

The 1st goal in 12mins & the keeper looked like she was lagging IRL.

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Is there any evidence to these match fixing claims, are SWNT not just pretty terrible? 

Not really - this was in the A Nations League so the top level of European teams. Ok, Scotland aren’t of the standard of England, Sweden, Netherlands etc but they’re relatively decent in the grand scheme of things. It’s only a few weeks ago that the Scotland wifies were very unlucky not to get a draw or even a win at Wembley - this was suspicious as f**k.

9 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Not really - this was in the A Nations League so the top level of European teams. Ok, Scotland aren’t of the standard of England, Sweden, Netherlands etc but they’re relatively decent in the grand scheme of things. It’s only a few weeks ago that the Scotland wifies were very unlucky not to get a draw or even a win at Wembley - this was suspicious as f**k.

Wembley?

On 04/12/2023 at 20:02, deadasdillinger said:

Going to my first ever SWNT game tomorrow. Been coaching girls football for a while now and have organised to take 29 of them to their first fixture - needless to say they're all absolutely buzzing!

Admittedly the only other full SWNT game I've ever watched was the reverse fixture, but that goalie tonight cannot possibly be the best keeper Scotland has to offer?

I made it 7 shots on target, 6 goals. I remember a save with her foot and that was it! The last one at her near post is an absolute bloody shocker. 

Even though we lost 0-6 I feel the scoreline flattered them just from the point of view that everything they hit went in.  

Just now, deadasdillinger said:

Admittedly the only other full SWNT game I've ever watched was the reverse fixture, but that goalie tonight cannot possibly be the best keeper Scotland has to offer?

I made it 7 shots on target, 6 goals. I remember a save with her foot and that was it! The last one at her near post is an absolute bloody shocker. 

Even though we lost 0-6 I feel the scoreline flattered them just from the point of view that everything they hit went in.  

Or was allowed to go in.

1 hour ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

I am still seething. 

The Argentina game was Kerr making an arse of game management. The Ireland Playoff just never worked out. That tonight is gutless, spineless, shitebag from every one of them. They surely didn't lie down to England but that folk are even thinking about it is staggering. Gaffer is a haddy and every one of the players should be mortified 

That's not right. Cuthbert and Kerr did what they could and for long spells we at least had parity in midfield.

The manager set the team up to fail with a stupid shape that they obviously hadn't worked on nearly enough and poor changes. You could tell they didn't know who they were supposed to be picking up. Confidence bled from most of them and it went from bad to worse. 

25 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

I don't watch a lot of them, but I watched the away game against England and we were really unlucky to lose 2-1. That performance tonight was suspicious to say the least.

Caroline Weir played in Sunderland. We're a one woman team unfortunately.

Just now, Lurkst said:

Caroline Weir played in Sunderland. We're a one woman team unfortunately.

And we played 4 at the back. Our shape tonight was utter dogshit. It's like he wanted us to be as weak as possible in England's best areas.

4 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Lee's been a great servant but her time is nearing an end. Sandy MacIver will take over now, a far better goalie, but given that she'd played for England before I could understand why she was dropped.

5 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

She is. It's a weak position for us.

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

As I said, there's something very wrong somewhere. Pedro doesn't help, but it's more than him.

It's the SFA. Apart from making the obvious appointment of Steve Clarke as men's team manager, how many good decisions have they made in 20, 30, 40 years?

Our youth set-up is prehistoric, 12 year old boys playing on full size pitches. Pushing B teams like what the national team really needs is 20 year olds hitting long balls on a plastic pitch against Linlithgow Rose. Extending the contract of the women's team manager when everybody who knows what they're talking about says he's not good enough. Trying the sabotage the pyramid just as it's coming together. And I'm barely scratching the surface.

My niece is 17, she's played girl's football from an early age. The coaching, the training and the organisation are shambolic.