Stranraer 2023-24

1 hour ago, MrFizz said:

Circle the plughole for long enough you get sucked in eventually. As you say, it is inevitable at some point. Only ex-Lg2 club who were maybe unlucky to find themselves down there are Berwick, who had one bad season. 

Berwick made a shocking management appointment that season.  It was clear from early doors where they were heading.   

What has happened to Chris Johnston?  Is he injured just now?

4 hours ago, Blue1870 said:

I don't. Never accepted defeat in any sport I ever played till it was impossible to catch. While we stank NDP out yesterday I won't give up while there is 12 points to play for. Even McCall said that in his interview while he's delighted to have made up the deficit to Stranraer and bonnyrigg(almost) they definitely aren't safe and need to continue in next few games. According to 75 percent of Stranraer fans on our two Facebook pages we are down already. Ffs with that attitude we may as well be. Unreal.

The attitude of fans online won't make a blind bit of difference to how Stranraer do tbf. 

• 3 weeks later...

Today seals our fate I fear.

Not only should we not have extended Agnew's contract (bizarre), but in hindsight we should have got rid earlier in the season.

Going out with a whimper.

Manager out and changes to the committee who oversaw this mess please.

8 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

Today seals our fate I fear.

Not only should we not have extended Agnew's contract (bizarre), but in hindsight we should have got rid earlier in the season.

Going out with a whimper.

Manager out and changes to the committee who oversaw this mess please.

If I can offer a ray of hope, we have dropped a staggering amount of points from 1-0/2-1 advantages this season

I fear for you guys, of the three trying to avoid bottom place I’d much prefer Stranraer to survive but based on that display at Station Park I think you’re doomed. That said, it’s a funny old game. Good luck for next week and hopefully Stenny are already on holiday.

1 hour ago, theSilverFox said:

I fear for you guys, of the three trying to avoid bottom place I’d much prefer Stranraer to survive but based on that display at Station Park I think you’re doomed. That said, it’s a funny old game. Good luck for next week and hopefully Stenny are already on 

Screenshot_20240427-193537_Chrome.jpg

Sad to see the predicament Stranraer are in. You guys can only hope Stenny will take the foot off the gas seeing as theyre already champions. Wonder if it would be a benefit for yous to cut admission prices next week and try and get a decent crowd in.

Immaterial of finishing bottom I can't see East Kilbride winning the play off 

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Sad to see the predicament Stranraer are in. You guys can only hope Stenny will take the foot off the gas seeing as theyre already champions. Wonder if it would be a benefit for yous to cut admission prices next week and try and get a decent crowd in.

Immaterial of finishing bottom I can't see East Kilbride winning the play off 

The way we're going i wouldn't bet on us beating our own SoSL team over 2 legs.

We'd draw 0-0 and lose on pens we are so bad at finding the net.

Edited by MrFizz
Hit the post.

Really incredible that I don't think I've come across a single "Agnew out" post at any point this season.

That speaks to either incredible loyalty from fans, or perhaps more likely apathy from the support at large.

I'm not convinced a season like this would have been met so meekly years ago (Keith Knox sacking for example).

Let me be the first.

I'm 99% convinced we will go down, but no matter what happens from this point Agnew has to go.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I've seen a few Stranraer games this season and I'm perplexed about why you're all so negative about beating EK? Had a Swatch at their squad list and they're nothing to write home about. Full of "junior" players mostly. 

Don't know if they do match stats at our level any more but I don't think we had a single shot on target and Forfar could have scored five or six.

We are just awful.

Just now, GallowayBlue said:

Don't know if they do match stats at our level any more but I don't think we had a single shot on target and Forfar could have scored five or six.

We are just awful.

Aye admittedly I was at the Bonyrigg and Dumbarton games and you guys were awful. Still plenty of quality in that team though to beat the likes of East Kilbride. 

Perplexing to me that Ecrepont has been benched recently. Seemed one of your better players on loan last season and of course he scored that wonder goal a few months back. The lad is wasted on the bench 

Ach Blues you’re doing what Albion Rovers did last year. A decent team who shouldn’t be at the bottom but you’re there for a reason. Very unlike Stranraer committees of the past who normally acted fast when in trouble but inexplicably giving Agnew an extension. Is there an option to get shot of him now an get some of the senior players to take over for the last game?

As a Clyde fan I obviously want you to finish below us, but I genuinely mean it when I say I hope if you do, that you stay up.  Obviously there was unsavoury incidents last time we were at Stair Park, but I would much rather you stay up than EK come up.  Or if we are in the play offs that we do the business.  Best of luck to both clubs.

Same sentiments from me. Nobody saw our demolition of Stenny coming and they have shaded in recent weeks so it is not inconceivable that Stranraer (if up for it) could get a surprise result so we too have to set up to play for a win. Our record at Elgin is far from impressive.

Strangely enough I had bid for a house near Stranraer (Leswalt) and was so irked at the antics at Stair Park that I seriously considered pulling out, but blew my nose and calmed down. It's only a game ffs!

Ps  I lost the bid anyway.

Dons fan here, and just had a great weekend in your area in a cottage at Knockinaam Lodge on the Rhins of Galloway.

Driving past Stair Park reminded me of my one visit there for a LC tie in 2005, when working in Preston I drove up after work thinking it was a short journey !  Also recall Stranraer giving us a couple of difficult cup games at Pittodrie in the not too distant past.

I have sympathy for Buckie, but also sad to see that it now looks most likely it's Stranraer in this play-off.  I always feel the more geographically-stretched Scottish senior football is the better.

EK, whilst being Scotland sixth-biggest place, is still yet another club clustered around the Glasgow conurbation.

So for the sake of a historical club and the bonnie SW corner of our nation - c'mon The Blues.