Motherwell v Killie

Christ it's been hard not to be negative in previous match threads this season, but a tiny glimmer of hope has emerged in the form of our first away victory in which we actually played well. 

Still hard to be too optimistic with this McInnes side, but we have to hope the away hoodoo has been vanquished and the mental block is gone. If we get can get some decent points on the board in these first two post split fixtures, safety will be looking a lot more likely. 

Please, Killie, go get us a win. Should be plenty of us there cheering the team on as usual. 

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

A win for Motherwell would pretty much see us safe. Still plenty to play for and we're due a win against Killie. 

I posted this in our thread, win and we can’t finish 12th.

On 28/04/2023 at 11:39, ropy said:

If we beat Kilmarnock they can still finish above us but would have to beat Ross County to do it, we would have 40 points and RC could only get 39.

This is the dog eat dog nature of the split.

Game by game the situation should improve and the player of the year night can be a joyous event.

Last home performance vs United was flat and disappointing. I'm sure Kettlewell's approach and mentality will have us geared up so there's no repeat and he, like the rest of us, will want those last few points required to guarantee safety on the board asap. Would obviously love a win, but a draw probably wouldn't be a disaster

As for Killie, every point is precious but is a draw enough at this stage or is every game already viewed as a must win? I'm not sure it will be a classic but I think it could be an intriguing tussle, with the points hopefully staying in ML1 when it's all over.

Kilmarnock have been a complete bag of shite this year, we've somehow struggled v them. Mainly cos we were a bag of shite for large patches too.

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

As for Killie, every point is precious but is a draw enough at this stage or is every game already viewed as a must win? 

This is our toughest post split fixture. I'd bite your cock off for a point right now. 

Edited by deadasdillinger

Hitting 40 points with 4 games remaining would be fantastic considering where we were in February when Hammell was emptied - but games where one team clearly has a more desperate need for points are tricky. I know people always talk about "mathematically safe" - but a win would see us 9 points ahead of Killie with at least a 26 goal advantage on GD - that is as safe as we'll ever need to be.

The 2-2 earlier in the season was probably the most annoying result in the league for me - so making up for that would be good thanks.

Looking forward to this. Killie will bring a good support and will have had a real shot in the arm after the St Mirren game.

We are coming off the back of a great result at Celtic Park and KVV has his eyes on the 30 goal mark, which would be quite incredible after the season we have had.

Add in, 2 weeks to prepare specifically for this game and some of our injured players getting serious minutes for the reserves over the last week or so and there should be lots to look forward to.

And it will get us away from the Coronation for a few hours!

The monkey is finally off our back and it feels good.

Still much to do though.

I'm confident we'll leave with at least a point in our relentless drive for top league survival.

1600 Killie fans roaring the team on, helping the players gather some momentum.

Decent effort by Killie fans. Glad we got them and United at home post split as both carry decent and better away supports v say Livi and St Johnstone. Stating the obvious I know but anything that pumps a few extra £ in the coffers is not to be sniffed at. 

I can see this being a draw. We have home advantage if (for us) that is such a thing and Killie very much need the points. As long as big Kev gets in on the act to keep his phenomenal run going 🙏.