The Playoffs - Round 1. Jags v Spiders

2 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Which will fund the purchase of Mal Boateng. 

Don't get me wrong I think Grant is a fantastic player and is only going to get better, but that would be absolutely fine by me!

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

Don't get me wrong I think Grant is a fantastic player and is only going to get better, but that would be absolutely fine by me!

^^^This and would be equally happy if we extend his contract. (as long as we don't let his contract run down) 

4 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I suspect Tuesday was his last game for us then; would be surprised if he's not sold in the summer.

Massive loss for us.  Actually, I'd be surprised if he was sold. He's exactly what we need and we should be trying to hang onto guys like him.

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Massive loss for us.  Actually, I'd be surprised if he was sold. He's exactly what we need and we should be trying to hang onto guys like him.

If he's willing to sign a new contract then I'd like to see him stay, otherwise else he'll be away for nothing in a year!

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Equally he’s the sort of guy we should be selling for the right price. We’re going to need to create a model where we can use guys like Savoury as an example to potential new players of what opportunities can arise if they come and play for us. We need to be sustainable long term and ultimately this is done by bringing in decent fees. For what it’s worth, Savoury hasn’t kicked a ball in 2 months, his form has dipped massively unfortunately. Thomas for me is far more important

three minutes of added time was way, way too low in the first place tbh. Oakley was down injured for ages after the deflected goal went in iirc, and there was at least one other incident where someone else was down for ages and all. think there was also a head knock between a thistle & QP player at one point.

edit: the incident im thinking of must have been Savoury going off, that was 2nd half wasnt it?

further edit: very much doubt the ball went over the line at the Fox chance, hit the post but based on where Mitchell was I can't see it all being over. From real time it looked like it hit off Mitchells chest and went onto the post before getting cleared.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Paul McDonald suggesting Bannigan will be accessed within the next 24hrs to see whether he makes the squad tomorrow. Rest of the squad from Tuesday fit. 

The Fox chance in real time looked like it’d be a certain goal and I personally couldn’t tell you whether it was over the line at the time, but there’s no doubt on the footage it’s quite clear Mitchell has made a brilliant save (albeit didn’t know too much about it) Coyle must have seen the footage back so for that to be his take days later is odd. 

Edited by JagsCG

2 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Paul McDonald suggesting Bannigan will be accessed within the next 24hrs to see whether he makes the squad tomorrow. Rest of the squad from Tuesday fit. 

The Fox chance in real time looked like it’d be a certain goal and I personally couldn’t tell you whether it was over the line at the time, but there’s no doubt on the footage it’s quite clear Mitchell has made a brilliant save. Coyle must have seen the footage back so for that to be his take days later is odd. 

It’s just the classic managerial tactic of deflecting any blame away from his players, surely? In the same way as there’s literally no chance he doesn’t understand why there was more than three additional minutes played. 

Despite all his history with Thistle I quite like Coyle, but what in the name of f**k is he wittering on about lately? Is he under pressure? Or does he think his players/supporters are stupid? I know he's always liked a moan but this is pretty nonsensical. 

I can understand why people love to hate Owen Coyle’s interviews. Even at the best of times, his comments about games to put it lightly can be…deluded. 

Coyle’s been around the game long enough to not genuinely know what he’s talking about. I’ve always had the opinion that he tries to place as little accountability and pressure on the players, which is fine when we’re winning games but in recent months, I really wanted him at times to just say we were outright rotten on the day when merited 

However, I think we would of broke league records for goals scored if we took even 50% of the goalscoring chances that Coyle states we apparently have at times 🤣

Edited by qpfc

16 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I'm not too sure what the benefit, (admittedly in hindsight) was to signing him (and others) on just a two year contract, given that they play well year one, get noticed and all of a sudden we're either selling them on for a modest profit in the summer, therefore screwing any continuity or team building, or worse, they're signing pre-contract agreements in January to leave for free after two years.

31 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

I'm not too sure what the benefit, (admittedly in hindsight) was to signing him (and others) on just a two year contract, 

There is always the possibility, that the length of a contract is due to the insistence of the player's agent.