The fight for the Championship…relegation playoffs thread

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Well, no, that doesn't really address the point made.

Here's a list of your attendances this year

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/arbroath/attendances

With the exception of Dundee and Motherwell, I doubt the number of tickets Hamilton fans bought on Friday was significantly lower than most of the other matches (including our previous visit) where away fans had the terrace behind the goal.

Sections A&B of the stand plus the wee bit of terracing would comfortably hold the away support every week in this league if that is the angle you wish to take.

As I said, if you'd sold more tickets, you would have got more terracing.  It was a big game, and the club decided to only give Accies limited space.  However, if you'd needed more space, you would have got it!

9 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

As I said, if you'd sold more tickets, you would have got more terracing.  It was a big game, and the club decided to only give Accies limited space.  However, if you'd needed more space, you would have got it!

I get that. But from reading posts on here having home support on the three terraces, with free movement at half-time, is something that Arbroath fans have been looking for for some time.

Now that it's been done (twice), why would your board, who appear very in sync with your fans, not make this set up the norm unless there is a genuine demand for away tickets that is greater than the capacity of that area?

Given that won't be very often that would quickly lower the appeal of Gayfield as an away venue from one of the best to nothing special.

16 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I get that. But from reading posts on here having home support on the three terraces, with free movement at half-time, is something that Arbroath fans have been looking for for some time.

Now that it's been done (twice), why would your board, who appear very in sync with your fans, not make this set up the norm unless there is a genuine demand for away tickets that is greater than the capacity of that area?

Given that won't be very often that would quickly lower the appeal of Gayfield as an away venue from one of the best to nothing special.

Gayfield a great away day for many reasons. They’ve always changed it to suit away crowds. Every team but Hamilton and Cove have needed more terracing.

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Gayfield a great away day for many reasons. They’ve always changed it to suit away crowds. Every team but Hamilton and Cove have needed more terracing.

How many does the wee terrace plus sections A & B hold?

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

That was back when they were always cheatin’. 

We still do apparently , no idea how 

looks like Scougall is out which is a massive blow and very possibly Taggart, so not too hopefull 

we dont have a big enough and consistent squad to replace these guys

3 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

We still do apparently , no idea how 

looks like Scougall is out which is a massive blow and very possibly Taggart, so not too hopefull 

we dont have a big enough and consistent squad to replace these guys

As he was just sick, although apparently quite badly, then he may have recovered. Major plus if he has.

After finally finishing above us after four or five seasons of trying, it would be pretty funny if we somehow went up at the expense of Falkirk.

21 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

That was back when they were always cheatin’. 

Heady days. We were just memers back then. One week breaking Ayr hearts then trolling Raith Rovers the next week in a nothing game for us.

Is it too late to sign Jordan Kirkpatrick and Ross Stewart on loan?

On 07/05/2023 at 01:20, DUAFC said:

A decent board of directors,  1500 season tickets,  average home support of 2300, good travelling support,  spring to mind 

And an away day that fans actually enjoy 

And it’s not In Lanarkshire.

On 07/05/2023 at 08:21, ExiledLichtie said:

If you had sold more tickets you would have got more terrace.

Be interesting to see George Stanger tonight as I thought he got a raw deal at Accies and any time he did play it was out of position...funnily enough under Brian Rice.

I am sure our fans will give Brian Rice a warm reception at both games as he took time to explain to fans on a few occasions of what he was up against in The Boardroom who never backed him 100% like most of our Managers including Alex Neil.

Reminds me of meeting ex Player,Captain,Assistant and then Manager Jim Dempsey at a family Funeral two years ago where he told me The Directors were back in his day and still are the problem at Accies for any Manager whether that is interfering with signings or refusing to back a Manager with signings.

2 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Be interesting to see George Stanger tonight as I thought he got a raw deal at Accies and any time he did play it was out of position...funnily enough under Brian Rice.

We've seen a lot of that from Brian Rice 😁. His recruitment has been pretty good too, just undermined IMO by never finding a settled team or shape with players in their best positions.

I might be cursing him for these ties but Stanger has done really well for Alloa and he would be well worth a shot for someone in the Championship next season, which seems likely to happen according to the rumours. He has been CB all season but has had several defensive partners as part of a central two or three. Still a work in progress but a good defender who can still get better. 

I have pretty low expectations for the play-offs after an up and down season and with a number of injuries hitting the squad. I'd be happy enough if we were still in it going into the second leg. 

Edited by Waspie

9 minutes ago, Waspie said:

We've seen a lot of that from Brian Rice 😁. His recruitment has been pretty good too, just undermined IMO by never finding a settled team or shape with players in their best positions.

I might be cursing him for these ties but Stanger has done really well for Alloa and he would be well worth a shot for someone in the Championship next season, which seems likely to happen according to the rumours. He has been CB all season but has had several defensive partners as part of a central two or three. Still a work in progress but a good defender who can still get better. 

I have pretty low expectations for the play-offs after an up and down season and with a number of injuries hitting the squad. I'd be happy enough if we were still in it going into the second leg. 

Didn't realise Stanger was with Hamilton previously.  Makes sense that we are looking at him as Keith Glendinning would have been at Accies at the same time.