Scottish Cup 2023/24

Marten

53 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Banks o Dee leading the Sons at the break. Knew they would put up a strong challenge.

They are on the upward trajectory regardless of today. Might take them a couple more years but they will soon strongly compete for the HL title and could edge their way into the SPFL. Some of our better Aberdeen based players will find there way there I'm sure.

If the rumour you guys are going full time next season and non the part timers moving onto full time banks of dee should be trying snap up the three main guys. 
Not sure where Peterhead train these days but BOD should be pushing the boat out 

53 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Some bottle job by Banks o' Dee.

Edit - ignore mention of Huntly. FlashScore was saying the game was still in regular time but apparently it's in ET.

Referee got injured, leading to a delay in getting a replacement.

Banks o' Dee missed an absolute sitter to go 3-0 up early in the second half, our clownshoe of a manager eventually made a couple of substitutions & put players in their correct position, which got us the result.

I thought Banks o' Dee were ok, very physical side, reminded me of Bonnyrigg Rose, the number 11 looked a good player.

On 26/10/2023 at 17:42, Sarto Mutiny said:

I couldn't get tickets for Musselburgh v Clyde in the end, but given I have a free Saturday I am off to Dunbar United v East Fife. My first visit to New Countess Park :)

Thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon. East Fife though, dear me

20231028_165040.jpg

20231028_165138.jpg

20231028_153608.jpg

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Very sore one for Elgin today. Thought they might lose by the odd goal but that’s a stinker of a result.

LOL at East Kilbride.

Seems premature for you lot to LOL at anyone.

Dunbar away is the plum tie for me. Good pubs, easy access for an away day and the option of a pit stop or two on the way back. Buckie or Tranent would be excellent as well though.  

Edited by vikingTON

2 hours ago, Moorie said:

Is the round 3 draw tomorrow? Couldn’t make any games today with the wife doing her annual Halloween hunt tonight.

hoping for a banks of dee or cove home draw 🤞  

The draw is tomorrow night at 7.30 on the Scottish Cup YouTube channel (apparently they expect the competition to run on into next season!)

Edited by archieb

30 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Surely that wasn’t Elgin’s first team out there today 😳

Oh aye, absolutely was. A few youngsters but plenty of experience out there. Cameron, Cooper, Draper, Macewan, all guys that have played plenty of games over the years. Fucking embarrassing. I'll wait patiently for the manager or the board to beg for forgiveness at us being the joke club of the week once again.

That result and more particularly scoreline from Elgin :lol:! Great wins for Dunbar and Jeanfield.

Bad day for SPFL2: could've been worse if Dumbarton and Forfar hadn't rescued victories from closing jaws of defeat. EK may be Soldiers Of Love Mk II but today they reenacted the Italians at Bardia.

Hard day for Highland too, as Brora's win at Stenny lighted an otherwise dull afternoon.

R3 draw where 'big guns' from Championship and SPFL1 clubs join:

SPFL Championship (10)
Airdrie, Arbroath, Ayr Utd, Dundee Utd, Dunfermline, Inverness, Morton, Partick, Queen's Park, Raith

SPFL1 (10)
Alloa, Annan, Cove, Edinburgh City, Falkirk, Hamilton, Kelty, Montrose, Queen of the South, Stirling Albion

SPFL2 (6)
Bonnyrigg, Dumbarton, Forfar, Peterhead, Spartans, Stranraer

Lowland (4)
Albion Rovers, Broomhill, Cowdenbeath, Tranent

Highland (3)
Brora, Buckie, Formartine

East of Scotland League (3)
Premier (3)     Broxburn, Dunbar, Jeanfield

West of Scotland League (2)
Premier Division (2)     Cumnock, Pollok

tbc (2)
Luncarty/Bo'ness Utd, Musselburgh/Clyde

19 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Bad day for SPFL2: could've been worse if Dumbarton and Forfar hadn't rescued victories from closing jaws of defeat. 

Hard day for Highland too, as Brora's win at Stenny lighted an otherwise dull afternoon.

Eh? 

4 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Over 1100 at Newlandsfield today for the Pollok v Gala tie, I would imagine that would be one of the biggest of the round? 

Reporting can be patchy pre-R4 but so far:

749     Dunbar v East Fife
541     Forres v Buckie
527     Kilwinning v Cowdenbeath
511     Albion Rovers v St Andrews
508     Peterhead v Clachnacuddin
485     Tranent v East Kilbride
435     Huntly v Forfar
412     Stenhousenuir v Brora
385     Dumbarton v Banks o'Dee
384     Brechin v Spartans
270     Cumnock v Turriff

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Elgin getting pumped today was the second largest defeat by a Scottish League side against non-league opposition in the history of the Scottish Cup. The only bigger one was Queen's Park beating Port Glasgow Athletic 8-1 in 1896, and that has the caveat that Queen's Park were non-league through choice and had knocked out Celtic in the previous round.

It's not often I witness football history but I was there! 

Having followed Jeanfield's progress in the Cup so far I thought they had a decent chance against struggling Elgin. They got off to the best start with a fine early goal and then things went even better with a penalty award. It wasn't just the forwards that did their bit though, Elgin had about 2 clear cut chances the whole first half. 

Someone told me a couple of the Jeanfield players were in the Scotland Futsal team and they have some good ball skills certainly. The Swifts are certainly an attractive side to watch, some of the goals today were class and some of the play was great- they tore a sorry Elgin apart. 

Elgin player (having just hacked down a Swifts forward and given away a free kick) to a team mate "I have tae dae something to stop them"
Team mate "Aye, but nae that" 

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Reporting can be patchy pre-R4 but so far:

749     Dunbar v East Fife
541     Forres v Buckie
527     Kilwinning v Cowdenbeath
511     Albion Rovers v St Andrews
508     Peterhead v Clachnacuddin
485     Tranent v East Kilbride
435     Huntly v Forfar
412     Stenhousenuir v Brora
385     Dumbarton v Banks o'Dee
384     Brechin v Spartans
270     Cumnock v Turriff

I was told officially it was 457 at Albion v St Andrews.