The Compo Faces Thread

4 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Alternative headline 'Man dumped by partner and sacked from job for spending all night in brothel next door'.

"Woman leaves man for better offer next door".

20 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Dog shite on the mother-in-laws grave, people watching as their dogs piss on grave stones, takes it up a level, no hope for humanity, probably.

Blaming it on a dug is a new low Biggie.

On 01/08/2023 at 16:20, LiviLion said:

"Dog excrement is disgusting and bad for people's health"

Does the writer of that article think they have to pick up and eat dog shit they find?

Not picking it up obviously but it does happen - remember reading this a while ago (because of the odd headline!):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-64253361.amp

51 minutes ago, southernrover said:

Not picking it up obviously but it does happen - remember reading this a while ago (because of the odd headline!):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-64253361.amp

Years and years ago when I played rugby, the club I hated going to most was Corstorphine as they played in Union Park and all the locals with dogs just let them crap all over the pitch. It was disgusting.  I remember playing at Biggar and they moved the sheep off the pitch just before the game, but at least sheep crap is green and mostly grass.

48 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

WTF are you on about?

Trying to make a poor taste joke about you curling one out on your MIL's grave (like a Les Dawson joke told by Frankie Boyle) and then blaming it on a dog.

Needs work on the delivery I suppose.

47 minutes ago, velo army said:

Trying to make a poor taste joke about you curling one out on your MIL's grave (like a Les Dawson joke told by Frankie Boyle) and then blaming it on a dog.

Needs work on the delivery I suppose.

Yeah. get it now, sorry.

3 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Years and years ago when I played rugby, the club I hated going to most was Corstorphine as they played in Union Park and all the locals with dogs just let them crap all over the pitch. It was disgusting.  I remember playing at Biggar and they moved the sheep off the pitch just before the game, but at least sheep crap is green and mostly grass.

Before Strathmore RFC bought Inchmacoble from Forfar Town Council, (I was very young at the time, but I'm showing my age here) the council used to let the pitch out for grazing local cattle during the week. 30 minutes before kickoff, the team (and anyone else that was there) had to go out with bockets & spades.

5 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Before Strathmore RFC bought Inchmacoble from Forfar Town Council, (I was very young at the time, but I'm showing my age here) the council used to let the pitch out for grazing local cattle during the week. 30 minutes before kickoff, the team (and anyone else that was there) had to go out with bockets & spades.

In the cold winter of 64, we had to wear them as berets for our walk to school. Kept your ears warm. 

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

When I first started watching Edinburgh City a committee member went out with a bucket and shovel to pick dog's eggs off the Fernieside pitch 

I'm not sure you'd get this at grassroots level in Germany or the Netherlands