Bonnyrigg Rose 2023-24 Best supported team in SPFL2

10 hours ago, AM-1 said:

Took in your game today and first time ever watching you guys. Solid well drilled outfit with a good structure. The captain and other guy with the bald head (#10) absolutely strolled it.

I watched the #10 closer in 2nd half and he hardly moves, just the odd yard here and there to generate space then pings a cross field pass to the guys feet! Quality player.

Felt Pollok caused you problems in 2nd half when changing their front line and going with ball to feet more often as the first half they were very 1 dimensional upfront. 

All the best for the season ahead. 

10 would be Lee Currie. A veteran now at 33. Sadly the Rose are lacking in quality in the middle of the park to compete in League 2 and a time machine for Lee would be welcome. Would be interested to know who the trialists were.

2 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

10 would be Lee Currie. A veteran now at 33. Sadly the Rose are lacking in quality in the middle of the park to compete in League 2 and a time machine for Lee would be welcome. Would be interested to know who the trialists were.

He was always a good player, I remember him at Berwick. 

Noticeable when he was injured last season you struggled for results.

Currie is still one of the best in the league. Looks fit in the pre season games too. 

Would like us to offload a couple of forwards and sign the 2 forwards that were on trial. The number 22 (I think) playing between the lines looks a player. The other one that scored the first at Pollok would offer something different too. Looked sharp. 

Still think a no nonsense centre half would be a useful addition too  

Yes final friendly match today at the Boomtown Bernebeu prior to the season starting for real next week in the Highlands. I thought there may have been some announcements this week on new signings, we’ll wait and see what happens after today’s game. I think that once Zander scores a goal it will be massive for his confidence. Forecast for rain/thunder so will go prepared for the elements.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

14 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

How has Zander Murray been with you? Noticed he hasn’t netted but it’s obviously quite the adjustment in leagues.

Guys turned into an absolute icon and rightly so, and it would be good if he was able to get a good run at the league too. 

To say he's been poor is an understatement. I don't know if he was carrying an injury last season or picked one up and continued playing but as it wore on he looked worse and worse. I wouldn't be sad to see him and Faye go.

On 08/07/2023 at 10:55, Brian Carrigan said:

How has Zander Murray been with you? Noticed he hasn’t netted but it’s obviously quite the adjustment in leagues.

Guys turned into an absolute icon and rightly so, and it would be good if he was able to get a good run at the league too. 

Feel sorrry for Zander. Badly needs a goal but not sure this is his level. Wee move would do him good. 

12 hours ago, Red Rose said:

Noticed the trialist had a squad number. 

Jason Jarvis was wearing number 6 heard he's signed a deal. Smart  number 20 haven't heard if we've offered him a deal.

11 hours ago, DDRose said:

Jason Jarvis was wearing number 6 heard he's signed a deal. Smart  number 20 haven't heard if we've offered him a deal.

Thought 20 was brilliant against Pollok. Really physical and caused problems all day to the Pollok centre backs(who both strolled the game vs Bo'ness at the weekend there). 

19 hours ago, Dean Learner said:

Thought 20 was brilliant against Pollok. Really physical and caused problems all day to the Pollok centre backs(who both strolled the game vs Bo'ness at the weekend there). 

Who is the number #20?

58 minutes ago, DDRose said:

Smart olsidor ex St cadocs has been wearing #20. No idea if he's getting offered a deal, but from the 3 friendlies I've attended he looks a good player.

He's been round the bottom half of league 2 before many times, should fit in well at the rose !

Edited by Beachcomber

On 11/07/2023 at 21:36, DDRose said:

Smart olsidor ex St cadocs has been wearing #20. No idea if he's getting offered a deal, but from the 3 friendlies I've attended he looks a good player.

If this is indeed Smart Osadolor (Ex Albion Rovers, Elgin & Annan) then I've always found him a little bit of an enigma, he looks to have every aspect to run a mock at this level and be a really good player, but he simply isn't and doesn't and has bobbed from club to club to club. 

Well it is new season eve, and The Rose open their 2nd season in the SPFL with a long trip to Inverness. Never seen a football match in Inverness so look forward to the journey up in the morning and a night in Inverness. It seems that we have signed a few young players 22-25 age group which I like they’ll have plenty energy in their legs and hopefully hungry. Don’t expect too much from the game and we certainly won’t be embarrassed.

Great to be back.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Jason Jarvis looks a particularly good signing by you and Reis Peggie as well.

however I feel like there is still a couple of your boys who have stayed a year too long unless they've been making sure they're more fit this season because I'm not sure if you've noticed but most clubs are signing really young this year.

Edited by ScottishLoon

On 16/07/2023 at 22:41, ScottishLoon said:

Jason Jarvis looks a particularly good signing by you and Reis Peggie as well.

however I feel like there is still a couple of your boys who have stayed a year too long unless they've been making sure they're more fit this season because I'm not sure if you've noticed but most clubs are signing really young this year.

I thought Jarvis was outstanding on Saturday and that’s twice I’ve seen Peggie, good signing.
I see they only had 5 subs at Caley and Currie wasn’t one of them, maybe the Rosey Posey faithful know more?

Also Jonny Stewart got the full game, at 33 I thought he’d get an hour. Big Kerr Young never featured either, he’s a vital player.

Doddsy was beaming in his post match interview, he was able to give game time to some fringe players and we got the 3 points and no injuries, which was our downfall last season.