Philip Schofield

19 hours ago, milton75 said:

If David Jason turns out to be a nonce I'll be delighted, as the sort of people that think Only Fools and Horses represents a pinnacle in British comedy are utter dimwits and will take it very badly indeed.

I'm fucking baffled when people claim Only Fools and Horses is the greatest British comedy of all time.  It barely raises a smile for me and it's aged horribly.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Absolutely spot on. Pip has some PR team behind him. I remember seeing his "coming out" interview on This Morning via Gogglebox. All the simpletons on their couches were crying and saying how amazing he was. His poor wife must have been incredulous at the acclaim he got for that. Britain is goosed.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Absolutely spot on. Pip has some PR team behind him. I remember seeing his "coming out" interview on This Morning via Gogglebox. All the simpletons on their couches were crying and saying how amazing he was. His poor wife must have been incredulous at the acclaim he got for that. Britain is goosed.

If they weren't bullied before. His kids wouldn't have seen much of their dinner money afterwards.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Gogglebox is a psyop. 

On 23/05/2023 at 20:31, TxRover said:

Yea, that’s the whole problem here though…

They passed a law saying X. In situations where Y is legal, we’re uncomfortable, but it’s “legal”…perhaps the answer is changing the law…perhaps the answer is it’s none of our business…regardless, it’s pretty f**king from reading.

However, the grooming aspect here certainly has to be a consideration, and should be very carefully looked at to see if there is anything there that is actionable…or something that needs to be legislated upon.

Some countries have different stages of legal age of consent, where it is legal to have intercourse at 16 but it is illegal for someone over 21 to have sex with anyone under 18. That makes more sense to me. 

A guy I worked with years ago was jailed for this kind of thing and his defence was that the girl said she was 16. he was in his mid-30's at the time. I had absolutely no sympathy for him, even if she was 16 that is still creepy as f**k. 

47 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Some countries have different stages of legal age of consent, where it is legal to have intercourse at 16 but it is illegal for someone over 21 to have sex with anyone under 18. That makes more sense to me. 

A guy I worked with years ago was jailed for this kind of thing and his defence was that the girl said she was 16. he was in his mid-30's at the time. I had absolutely no sympathy for him, even if she was 16 that is still creepy as f**k. 

In the Philippines the age of consent was raised from 12 to 16 just last year but it is lawful to have consensual sex with an under 16 if the age gap is 3 years or less and there is a minimum age of 13.

"According to a mate", people! You can get away with knowing all sorts of detailed legal information about exactly when children become sexually-available adults if you say it's "according to a mate"!

(according to a mate)

14 minutes ago, hk blues said:

In the Philippines the age of consent was raised from 12 to 16 just last year but it is lawful to have consensual sex with an under 16 if the age gap is 3 years or less and there is a minimum age of 13.

This reeks of some Filipino* politician's 16yo kid getting caught shagging a 13 year old, doesn't it.  

*see PTTGOYN

9 minutes ago, BTFD said:

"According to a mate", people! You can get away with knowing all sorts of detailed legal information about exactly when children become sexually-available adults if you say it's "according to a mate"!

(according to a mate)

No offence but you're taking this too far now.

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

This reeks of some Filipino* politician's 16yo kid getting caught shagging a 13 year old, doesn't it.  

*see PTTGOYN

It was quite a surprise when President Duterte approved the new law last year.  For such a devout country they don't seem to have any issues with sex before, during or after marriage with folk who may not be their partner.

As an aside, the age of consent in Japan is 13, the youngest of all developed nations.  Perhaps not a shock to many of us.

9 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

No offence but you're taking this too far now.

If I don't at least try to protect my "mates", who will I be able to blame for my unnerving knowledge on these topics?

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

That’s been the rage in the U.S. for a while, after the raised in haste ages started causing problems in the statutory rape area (when one sets of parents didn’t like the other or the race of the boyfriend/girlfriend). Most states passed some form of a “Romeo and Juliet Law” (stupid name, as the pair in Shakespeare were 16 and 13) that made it legal if one party was under 18 and the other was 3 years or less older. Otherwise, U.S. states have consent ages between 16 and 18.

On the weird as f**k front, at one point the State of Mississippi’s age of consent was 18, if a virgin, 13 otherwise…which boggled the mind as to what legislator came up with that, and why?

On 24/05/2023 at 13:45, milton75 said:

If David Jason turns out to be a nonce I'll be delighted, as the sort of people that think Only Fools and Horses represents a pinnacle in British comedy are utter dimwits and will take it very badly indeed.

I dunno. I still love Father Ted even with  Lineham outing himself as an absolute maniac.

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I dunno. I still love Father Ted even with  Lineham outing himself as an absolute maniac.

TBF, Linehan hasn't physically assaulted anyone, although he certainly seemed to be building himself up to it last time I checked.

30 minutes ago, BTFD said:

TBF, Linehan hasn't physically assaulted anyone, although he certainly seemed to be building himself up to it last time I checked.

He hasn't no (I don't think). It was more the separating art from artist point. I'll still watch a Kevin Spacey film and a Weinstein one but both of them were absolute deviants. I suspect there are far more in Hollywood that are yet to be outed but that's a different discussion.