Stags Stay Up🔵⚪️🔴 A Kessock Bridge Too Far For Jags 🔴🟡

A difficult one - both clubs are darlings of the neutral/not-bothered circle. Personally, I have a family member of the Coonty persuasion so will be backing the Staggies for this one. Of course, Partick's inglorious jobbing of the collective Jambo rim a few years ago also makes this choice easier. But still a difficult one. The Premiership would benefit from both clubs. If we could get rid of Livingston and St Johnstone to make way for the both of them, it would be ideal. 

7 minutes ago, forkboy said:

County didn't have a full bench against Killie. Always a good sign of a well run club

Is the club being run well really relevant to not having a full bench?

off the top of my head callachan, brophy, G.Edwards , D.Samuel , Paton, stones, hiwula are all injured

Edited by Rcfc fan

On 28/05/2023 at 18:58, CountyFan said:

Thistle will paste County over two legs based on what I've seen from both recently. Momentum and confidence are so crucial in the playoffs; thistle have both and we have neither. 

My future inlaws are Thistle which should make the Father of the Bride speech interesting at our wedding in the Autumn. 

My future in-laws are County fans! Don't have a wedding planned just yet though, I didn't think anyway. 

Suitably nervous as I have been for every play-off game so far. While we are playing well, I can't say we've really been tested aside from the first game against QP. 

Another 3-0 home win would be lovely, please, just make it happen. 

C'mon the Jags. Nothing particularly against Ross County but Firhill is my nearest ground and would make for a couple of easy away days. Went along to the Queens Park game(before play off) and despite not playing great scored some cracking goals. Watched the play off games and they seem to play with a freedom that they never had under McCall.

5 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Is the club being run well really relevant to not having a full bench?

off the top of my head callachan, brophy, G.Edwards , D.Samuel , Paton, stones, hiwula are all injured

Yes. Obviously you can have shit luck with injuries, but generally speaking if you've got a rake of injuries all at once then either your playing surface is bad, there's something wrong with the medical/physio team & they aren't adequately looking after the playing squad/helping them recover, the team are doing something wrong in training that is increasing the risk of injuries, whatever.

And if you don't have anyone from the youth team who is at least viewed as capable of warming the bench & maybe coming on for 15 minutes then that suggests pretty dire things there too.

I'm just not prepared to give anyone involved the benefit of the doubt. Why should I considering how bad this season has been?

It’s only Tuesday and I’m nervous AF. I understand some folk want Malky to fail, but I really want County to stay up. I’m excited of the prospect of seeing more of Dhanda, I think in a proper team with proper tactics he could be very entertaining. With Dundee Utd down I cannot see us coming back up for a while, if ever. Let’s hope it’s not over after Thursday. 

2 hours ago, forkboy said:

And if you don't have anyone from the youth team who is at least viewed as capable of warming the bench & maybe coming on for 15 minutes then that suggests pretty dire things there too.

This also annoys me other than Smith no one has got even close to getting meaningful minutes from the youths , we need to be so much better in that department buts that’s a problem we’ve always had

12 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Good luck to Glasgow Thistle in this one. The Dingwall Racists will finally get their comeuppance and Victoria Park will collapse like Barad Dûr at the full time whistle on Sunday.

Either that or County will win.

2 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

It’s only Tuesday and I’m nervous AF. I understand some folk want Malky to fail, but I really want County to stay up. I’m excited of the prospect of seeing more of Dhanda, I think in a proper team with proper tactics he could be very entertaining. With Dundee Utd down I cannot see us coming back up for a while, if ever. Let’s hope it’s not over after Thursday. 

Didn’t you beat United to the title the last time you were down? And even then it was only for a season compared to their 4. They mightn’t be as big an obstacle as you think. 

36 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Mores the point does it have a Wimpy on the High Street?

If it does then Partick should be awarded the tie. 

If not County should be awarded the tie. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Our physios/treatment room is like the Bermuda Triangle- players pick up a knock, they're then out for two months, then they get released.

13 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Yeah, my nerves are starting to jangle. Just not sure how many fit players we have for this match. Iacovitti was clearly not fully fit in the Killie match, hence why he was subbed off, White is a major doubt after the head wound & stitches, Harmon was subbed off early for Edwards too. If we had a fit XI I'd be pretty confident but County are far from that as far as I can see 🙈

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

If we had a fit XI I'd be pretty confident but County are far from that as far as I can see 🙈

Brophy and Gwion Edwards only had 12 starts between them. Had they been available it would improve the outlook so much. 

Edited by bunglebonce