Stags Stay Up🔵⚪️🔴 A Kessock Bridge Too Far For Jags 🔴🟡

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Excellent game and a great way to round the season off. Congratulations to County; now please buy Brophy.

Gutted for Thistle though. It's the hope that kills you and you must have felt you were home dry. Absolutely devastating turn of events.

Still, two teams at the end of long season served up a thoroughly enjoyable game. No consolation to Thistle, I'm sure, but they can be crazy proud of how they performed. Just looked very leggy towards the end there.

I’d bite your hand off for Brophy.  

2 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Behave. It wasn't his fault your defenders gave Murray an ummarkes tap in inside the six yard box or that your team missed 3 penalties in the shoot out

Listen I’m not complaining over all, we lost because we self destructed. Penalty decisions were terrible. 

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

A very fair post.  The County squad has more spirit than ability, but the reason I wrote them off is the utterly hopeless hoofball tactics Mackay employs. 

VAR generally gets things right, eventually - non-pen, Watson - but the handball is a lottery.  I feel some sympathy for Partick Thistle, but really what you saw today with handball is what’s happened all year.  

Nick Walsh went up in my estimation as there’s no way the Kenneh incident was a penalty, but I suspect most refs would have given it having been asked to review.  

With the Graham one i think if it doesn't hit him on the upper arm, it goes onto hit him in the ribs.

Compare the penalty against Grealish yesterday which he also knew nothing about (and shouldn't be a penalty imo ) it hit him on the hand and at least you can make the case that if his hand isn't there the ball goes towards goal where someone else can attack it. 

I fully understand why the penalty has been given today, but the handball law is broken. 

Just now, Thistle4eva said:

On the bright side of things Fitzpatrick, Mcmillan, Lawless and milne will still be at Firhill next season Along with Graham. Going to be a difficult job for Doolan but what we do have is a great base to start with. 

There is no bright side.

You are here...in the Championship.

We will beat you again next season.

Enjoy your pre-season. 

15 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

BBC website says there was 4533 at the game. Either the BBC are talking shite or there's some serious fudging of figures going on as the ground looked packed on tv

Not sure about that. Thistle end was packed. Directly across from camera was sparse, which baffled me. Surely you sell that ourt first?

5 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

On the bright side of things Fitzpatrick, Mcmillan, Lawless and milne will still be at Firhill next season Along with Graham. Going to be a difficult job for Doolan but what we do have is a great base to start with. 

Wrong.

This was yer chance and you..........................................................................

5 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

the handball law is broken. 

Its a farce, and its purely a farce because they want to simplify things for VAR.

I honestly thought we were home and dry after our goal. County huffed and puffed, but didn't seem to create anything. Getting that lucky break with the penalty really exposed a fragility in our mentality, we fell apart quite quickly after that. We no longer seemed to have confidence in our passing game and at one point hoofed it long when we had a four man break at the edge of our box. So many wrong decisions made in the final third as well. It's probably the most ineffectual Graham has been in a wee while too. He was a pain and occupied defenders, but didn't get much change. 

I fucking hate the handball rule, and the VAR checks today were far too long. 

County played well, with Dhanda and Laidlaw being the standouts. 

I'm fucking miserable tonight. 

Fuckin boo.

4 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

With the Graham one i think if it doesn't hit him on the upper arm, it goes onto hit him in the ribs.

Compare the penalty against Grealish yesterday which he also knew nothing about (and shouldn't be a penalty imo ) it hit him on the hand and at least you can make the case that if his hand isn't there the ball goes towards goal where someone else can attack it. 

I fully understand why the penalty has been given today, but the handball law is broken. 

Absolutely.  Unless the law is reworded to say any contact whatsoever with the hand is a penalty, I don’t really see how things will get better. It’s a complete lottery.  I’d have given the Grealish penalty just because it was Grealish. 

Forget VAR, referees or anything else. We lost out because of how wasteful we were. So many chances to score particularly at Firhill but two absolute sitters from Bannigan and Mullen today as well. Yes we were unlucky but that's why you need to take the chances when they come along as you never know when things will turn against you. All credit to County for not giving in, Thistle are a better footballing side but that doesn't guarantee victory. 

Just now, TONTROOPER said:

Oh dont tell me....they having a go at your lot as well?....

Seems like The Luvvies were expecting every other Championship side to cheer them on....emmm...NAW.....AH DIDNAE.

Problem with that?......take it up wae us in July;August.