2023–24 Highland League Chat

welshbairn

18 minutes ago, highlandterrier said:

My sarcasm detector is faulty today, are you saying dogs are allowed, just having a wee dig at the support, or both ? 

BoD are a bit weird but I doubt they'd stop you taking your dog in. 

Having a nice wee trip to North East Scotland... was near enough to Pitmedden to make taking in the Formartine v Turriff game a no-brainer. A a good game it was.

Turriff were definitely worthy of the 3 points today, were more accurate with their passes and broke with pace, but I was impressed by the standard of both sides. Two silly red cards, one for each side... the Turriff one especially must go down as an IQ abberation! Couple of really good goals, pick of them was probably Formartine's 2nd which pulled them back to 3-2, but was just a consolation. Seemed quite a decent attendance too.

12 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Any idea on how early pitch inspections will take place tmrw ? Am in Inverness eager to get some games under my belt - but 100% reliant on public transport.

Do you know anyone with a boat for any of the ties that are still on? :P

13 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Any idea on how early pitch inspections will take place tmrw ? Am in Inverness eager to get some games under my belt - but 100% reliant on public transport.

If you can get to Alness v Inverness Athletic or Lossiemouth v Wick they're probably the easiest to get to that are still on. 

With most teams having a free Saturday next week apart from the ones in the cup. Why are the league not using this to reschedule games ? We have quite a few now surely it would make more sence for our game against wick to be played that Saturday than making them travel down on a Wednesday? 

#keepthehighlandleaguecupfinalspecial

(even when Brechin get knocked out in the semis) 

P. S. Think there's a fair chance of the final getting shifted which would free up next Saturday for league games if the clubs are up for it. Having the Brora v Keith semi squeezed in midweek before the final seems a bit rushed. 

Edited by welshbairn

24 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Good result for Clach the day.

Not far off winning it, they look like a different team from a couple of weeks ago, joy to watch, even with 2 or 3 key players injured. 

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

#keepthehighlandleaguecupfinalspecial

(even when Brechin get knocked out in the semis) 

P. S. Think there's a fair chance of the final getting shifted which would free up next Saturday for league games if the clubs are up for it. Having the Brora v Keith semi squeezed in midweek before the final seems a bit rushed. 

Haha I was more thinking of them not making wick travel to us on a Wednesday night. That and trying to get some of our games in hand played 

22 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

Haha I was more thinking of them not making wick travel to us on a Wednesday night. That and trying to get some of our games in hand played 

Fair enough, think this is the first time they've tried to finish the Cup so early so it should free up some Saturdays later on. 

The cup used to be played early doors back in the day - group stages and everything - with the regional trophies played on Saturdays in spring. 

There’s plenty time for games, providing certain clubs keep an eye on their pitches. Being shot of those clowns from Fort and Cove means we’re in a better place.