2023–24 Highland League Chat

welshbairn

Any takers in the Highland League for Ormsby from the Vale?

Looked pacey, direct and had some ability when I watched him against Culter in the SC. Whether he has enough end product to attract some of the sides challenging for the title or whether he returns back down south we await to see.

Screenshot_2023-11-06-18-47-49-51_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

12 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Any takers in the Highland League for Ormsby from the Vale?

Looked pacey, direct and had some ability when I watched him against Culter in the SC. Whether he has enough end product to attract some of the sides challenging for the title or whether he returns back down south we await to see.

Screenshot_2023-11-06-18-47-49-51_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Why have they transfer listed him if he's that good ?

35 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

Why have they transfer listed him if he's that good ?

Must admit I hadn't seen him before that game. He looked good against that level but Vale fans or other HL team fans will be able to comment on whether he's capable of finding a bigger club. 

Yeah, whether he's asked to be listed or the club have decided to list him to get a few grand before he moves at the end of his contract summer 2024 who knows.

Vale turned down an offer this summer for him according to the article.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Obviously not Highland League, but big congrats to Nairn County on the big upset over Ross County to win the North of Scotland Cup! Love to see teams winning these trophies that will actually celebrate and appreciate it. Hopefully we'll get highlights, sounds like a barnburner of a game.

57 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The full 2 hours of the 2023 North of Scotland Cup Final (Tokely's Version)

Will you be heading back to the Big County if they get an acceptable replacement for Malky? 

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Will you be heading back to the Big County if they get an acceptable replacement for Malky? 

I've got a Nairn season ticket, so they will still be my priority for the rest of this season.

I might go back to Dingwall occasionally, but the Malky era has left a very sour taste in my mouth.

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Only half time, but Clach have been an absolute embarrassment here against Strathy. Gethins has some job on his hands to try and steer them away from 18th because on this basis Strathy look 10x the team.

Turned out to be some game, eh!

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

Turned out to be some game, eh!

No half! 

I enjoyed walking behind the goal to the pie bar at half time to hear Gethins tearing into his team. Fair play - it clearly worked and had that game gone on another 5 minutes I reckon Clach would’ve nicked it.

7 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

No half! 

I enjoyed walking behind the goal to the pie bar at half time to hear Gethins tearing into his team. Fair play - it clearly worked and had that game gone on another 5 minutes I reckon Clach would’ve nicked it.

I thought the Strathy #14 kept them in it at times- no talent for passing, but made some big interceptions and tackles when Clach were in dangerous positions. 

Also I don't know which one it was, but that Strathy player blocking the ball with his face was some effort.

Deserved a draw tonight played well first half, Rothes player fouls Vale player in box and ref gives penalty to Rothes, strange decision, early in the 2nd half our left back Harry tripped over his own feet and ref gave us free kick. Had us Vale fans chuckling but we were not chuckling at the end of game. 

Edited by Vale Vale Vale

16 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Just looking around for his seasons Highland League attendances - are they hidden somewhere ? Most look around the 300+ mark, the games I've seen.

I'd say the average would be closer to 200-250. Brechin City is the only club I know who publish them but I reckon they count all their season ticket holders whether they turn up or not, I think their figure of 450 for the Clach game is pushing it.

https://www.brechincity.com/bcfc/p/s

38 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Just looking around for his seasons Highland League attendances - are they hidden somewhere ? Most look around the 300+ mark, the games I've seen.

Clubs tend not to report attendances and haven’t for some time. Brechin being the recent exception, and even theirs have had doubt cast upon them.