The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

58 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I know your gimmick is just being reactionary as f**k but apart from shite kicking Lyness done nothing wrong and is one of the last people to blame the defeat on.

He was at fault for the first goal and didn't look comfortable the full game for me however maybe part of that is due to him not playing in a couple of months. But from what I've heard from Airdrie fans he's a bit like that every game. I never put the blame on him for the defeat today I blame that on Rankin however I wasn't impressed by Lyness either.

Hearing your club’s cash flow challenges means you can’t afford to sack JR at this stage which must be frustrating given that Billy Reid is waiting in the wings willing to help out & get you back to your rightful position & prospect of local derbies again……….

………with East Kilbride in the Lowland league.

2 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Aye he was there today apparently.

I’ll take another laughable defeat if it  finally gets rid of him.

It wasn’t a laughable defeat, that’s disrespectful to Alloa, a team who’s on significantly better form than you. I can assure you, results won’t take a dramatic upturn if you get rid of Rankin. 

10 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

It wasn’t a laughable defeat, that’s disrespectful to Alloa, a team who’s on significantly better form than you. I can assure you, results won’t take a dramatic upturn if you get rid of Rankin. 

👍

42 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

I'm not sure that's right. Accies have a lot of good players, certainly better than league one standard. They played a lot of decent football today and at times it was our spirit and defending as a team that kept them out. They clearly lack confidence, but that can change quickly with the right man in charge.

I'm not saying they could match Falkirk; there's still a gulf there even with a manager who could get more out of the players.

Edited by printer

54 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Hearing your club’s cash flow challenges means you can’t afford to sack JR at this stage which must be frustrating given that Billy Reid is waiting in the wings willing to help out & get you back to your rightful position & prospect of local derbies again……….

………with East Kilbride in the Lowland league.

Billy Reid is getting mega money as part of the Graham Potter sacking from Chelsea. A lot of those deals stop as soon as they take another job. Could be wrong but I'd be surprised if someone his age would take on this absolute bin fire of a club if its that sort of deal. 

27 minutes ago, printer said:

I'm not sure that's right. Accies have a lot of good players, certainly better than league one standard. They played a lot of decent football today and at times it was our spirit and defending as a team that kept them out. They clearly lack confidence, but that can change quickly with the right man in charge.

I'm not saying they could match Falkirk; there's still a gulf there even with a manager who could get more out of the players.

Absolutely 100% spot on. 

5 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

That’s not what I was referring to.

The laughable part is a full-time squad of 31 players with 1 home win in last 6; dropped points against 4 part-time clubs in that run and 12 points dropped at home against part-timers made even worse with the part-time sides looking fitter.

PS, results and performances would take an immediate upturn due to players knowing their position,players needing dropped being dropped and a settled team.

We watch this pish; we have a bigger squad now than in the Premier 3 years ago.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

6 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

The laughable part is a full-time squad of 31 players

Wow. We have a squad of 20. 

4 loanees and 19 signed players, 3 of whom aren't rated which is why they've been punted out on loan. 

All 20 are very much part of the squad and are regularly involved as either starters or subs, 

7 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

That’s not what I was referring to.

The laughable part is a full-time squad of 31 players with 1 home win in last 6; dropped points against 4 part-time clubs in that run and 12 points dropped at home against part-timers made even worse with the part-time sides looking fitter.

PS, results and performances would take an immediate upturn due to players knowing their position,players needing dropped being dropped and a settled team.

We watch this pish; we have a bigger squad now than in the Premier 3 years ago.

I think we have clearly shown the gulf between full time and part time is not what people think and it does a disservice to the talent in the part time teams some of which outplay full time players on a regular basis. After 5 years I have certainly learned not to feel entitled to win against part time teams. I would say the only real advantage is maybe on a Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Wow. We have a squad of 20. 

4 loanees and 19 signed players, 3 of whom aren't rated which is why they've been punted out on loan. 

All 20 are very much part of the squad and are regularly involved as either starters or subs, 

John and Paul have definitely shown this season that in this league quality is definitely better than quantity. As you say all our squad are involved, getting game time and that breeds a happier environment.

Whoever takes over after Rankin should look at our model for success this season. Take the wages you are paying for 31 and split it between a smaller squad.

Really am surprised Newbury isn't of use to you boys, he's been solid at centre half and moved into defensive midfield yesterday and bossed it, really good at reading the game, breaking it up and passing it forward. He's not shy to carry the ball either when space allows. Looks a cut above League 2.

14 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

He was at fault for the first goal and didn't look comfortable the full game for me however maybe part of that is due to him not playing in a couple of months.

Watch the highlights on Alloa’s YouTube and if you still think Lyness is at fault for the first you really know nothing about football.  It’s a fantastic strike, if anyone is really to blame for it it’s the midfielders (especially Williamson as I thought at the time) for getting turned and letting the strike be hit in the first place.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Really am surprised Newbury isn't of use to you boys, he's been solid at centre half and moved into defensive midfield yesterday and bossed it, really good at reading the game, breaking it up and passing it forward. He's not shy to carry the ball either when space allows. Looks a cut above League 2.

Simply because Rankin is not interested in playing our young players. We have some excellent youth players, Newbury, Ben Black, Lewis Latona and Chris McGinn none of whom are anywhere near our first team squad. I’d rather see these guys playing than some of the dross Rankin has signed. 

10 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Watch the highlights on Alloa’s YouTube and if you still think Lyness is at fault for the first you really know nothing about football.  It’s a fantastic strike, if anyone is really to blame for it it’s the midfielders (especially Williamson as I thought at the time) for getting turned and letting the strike be hit in the first place.

The ball ends up a couple of yards inside the post and Lyness' footwork seems weird. It almost looks like he would've been better off just standing still.

38 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

See tbf at the time for some reason I thought it was Lyness who passed it out turns out it was Kilday so i was wrong there and looking back it's still a really poor pass so Kilday needs to take responsibility there. I agree Williamson needs to take blame also think Barjonas does as well there, both were very poor for that goal. I still think Lyness could do a bit better but admittedly it wasn't as bad as I thought at the time. However at the same I agree that it was a good strike so we need to credit the Alloa player on that doesn't change the fact that goal was very avoidable though.

2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

I know it's been covered a lot here but it must be so maddening to have Henderson on the bench. I was absolutely gutted when you signed him and thought he'd end up the leagues top scorer.

He brought duds on before him last week at Falkirk, eventually bringing him on in the 88th minute which sums Rankrotten Rankin up to a tee.