The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

7 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

At least someone is acknowledging the cash flow challenges are real. 🙌

Did you even read the comment they were replying to? Or are you once again just making stuff up and lying to yourself. 

29 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Did you even read the comment they were replying to? Or are you once again just making stuff up and lying to yourself. 

I will go for he didn't read the comment and is making stuff up and lying to himself. An absolute nutter.

On 10/03/2024 at 16:39, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

That tinpot club beat you in a Play Off I remember to consign you to a decade in the lower divisions while we were winning at Ibrox(x2),Parkhead,beating Hibs,Hearts, and Dundee United all considerably bigger clubs than you.

And were top of the Premier after LOSING our eleventh game of the season. When were Falkirk last top of the pile? Our level since reconstruction in 1975 is clearly the second tier. We over- achieved and now we're under- achieving and many regulars are staying away. But congrats to Falkirk for an amazing season and finally getting out of this division.

52 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

And were top of the Premier after LOSING our eleventh game of the season. When were Falkirk last top of the pile? Our level since reconstruction in 1975 is clearly the second tier. We over- achieved and now we're under- achieving and many regulars are staying away. But congrats to Falkirk for an amazing season and finally getting out of this division.

How the feck did you manage that?

1 hour ago, Owsley 2 said:

Was that not about 10 years ago? And even then you couldn't manage to fill one stand at NDP.

We were last top of the big league in 2008 IIRC, and just like you we won f**k all that season. What a properly weird thing to boast about  

I do admire the lack of awareness Accies fans have. If you can barely get over 1000 fans at home when you’re doing well then you have absolutely no right to be in the top division; it should make you a yoyo team between third tier and second tier. Where does your money come from? How do you legitimately compete against teams like Falkirk and Dunfermline? 

44 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

I do admire the lack of awareness Accies fans have. If you can barely get over 1000 fans at home when you’re doing well then you have absolutely no right to be in the top division; it should make you a yoyo team between third tier and second tier. Where does your money come from? How do you legitimately compete against teams like Falkirk and Dunfermline? 

They certainly seem to have a lack of awareness when it comes to suggesting their level. They've been punching above their weight for many years and should probably be a lower level L1 club when taking their fan base etc into account.

However, they have every right to be in the top division if their performance on the park justifies it. It's hardly their fault if the likes of ourselves, Dunfermline, Dundee Utd and Partick can't get their shit together to be able to replace them.

56 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

They certainly seem to have a lack of awareness when it comes to suggesting their level. They've been punching above their weight for many years and should probably be a lower level L1 club when taking their fan base etc into account.

However, they have every right to be in the top division if their performance on the park justifies it. It's hardly their fault if the likes of ourselves, Dunfermline, Dundee Utd and Partick can't get their shit together to be able to replace them.

Yes if they win the games then can’t argue that they have the right to be in better positions. However, the expectation that they should be competing in the premiership or contending for promotion in the championship is just ludicrous. They have massively over performed for around 10-15 years. 

5 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

Where does money come from……….now there’s a good Question which I would be surprised if any of the 6 or so Accies’ supporters could give a clear answer to……🤔

2 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Where does money come from……….now there’s a good Question which I would be surprised if any of the 6 or so Accies’ supporters could give a clear answer to……🤔

Apologies meant to have added on here…….as we all know there’s a few more go along to see them.

I thought this was the Hamilton Accies Leaugue 1 thread🙃, Seems to have been hijacked by Falkirk fans.

We are going nowhere under this fraud of a manager. We will be in league 1 again next season and I would expect us to go part time. Crowds, if that is the word, will be down to around 500.

Falkirk have had a brilliant season, unbeaten in league and I would expect them to remain unbeaten come end of season. It shows what a difference having a decent manager makes, one that gets the best out of the squad. We have a decent squad if somewhat bloated but Rankin is clueless as to how to get best out of them.

When we do not go up this year, I would expect Rankin to be gone and lets hope he is

Just now, smc4761 said:

I thought this was the Hamilton Accies Leaugue 1 thread🙃, Seems to have been hijacked by Falkirk fans.

We are going nowhere under this fraud of a manager. We will be in league 1 again next season and I would expect us to go part time. Crowds, if that is the word, will be down to around 500.

Falkirk have had a brilliant season, unbeaten in league and I would expect them to remain unbeaten come end of season. It shows what a difference having a decent manager makes, one that gets the best out of the squad. We have a decent squad if somewhat bloated but Rankin is clueless as to how to get best out of them.

When we do not go up this year, I would expect Rankin to be gone and lets hope he is

I’m sure your club is blessed to have an eternal optimist like you like you …….🤔

23 minutes ago, smc4761 said:

I wouldn't expect us to be planning on spending a couple of million to buy the stadium just to go part time a couple of weeks later I still think we've got a season or 2 being full time before that happens however I think the rest of you're post is spot on if we keep Rankin like you've mentioned we won't be getting out of this league anytime soon. 

Where is the money coming from? Are you aware we sold four youngsters to Sheffield United, Norwich City, Forest and Leeds last summer. Fees weren't disclosed but we're generally thought to be around £40,000 to £50,000 with Ryan One's considerably more and one add-on should already have come through for him, having already made his first team debut at Arsenal. We got a decent amount from Lewis Ferguson's move to Italy and a bonus from Rotherham when Hakeem Odoffin helped to keep them up last season. I believe that one was fifty grand. All mounts up. 

20 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Was that not about 10 years ago? And even then you couldn't manage to fill one stand at NDP.

We were last top of the big league in 2008 IIRC, and just like you we won f**k all that season. What a properly weird thing to boast about  

Morton fans still brag about their team being briefly top of the league around 1979 though that was well into the season I believe. Bizarre you don't think we should boast about being, briefly, the best team in Scotland. We were top for several weeks. Someone asked how did we manage that? We lost our first game then won most of the next nine including 1-0 at Celtic and 4-0 at Motherwell. 

1 hour ago, Owsley 2 said:

Where is the money coming from? Are you aware we sold four youngsters to Sheffield United, Norwich City, Forest and Leeds last summer. Fees weren't disclosed but we're generally thought to be around £40,000 to £50,000 with Ryan One's considerably more and one add-on should already have come through for him, having already made his first team debut at Arsenal. We got a decent amount from Lewis Ferguson's move to Italy and a bonus from Rotherham when Hakeem Odoffin helped to keep them up last season. I believe that one was fifty grand. All mounts up. 

That still doesn’t compensate for the fact you have such low attendances. Running a youth programme costs a fortune. 

2 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

Morton fans still brag about their team being briefly top of the league around 1979 though that was well into the season I believe. Bizarre you don't think we should boast about being, briefly, the best team in Scotland. We were top for several weeks. Someone asked how did we manage that? We lost our first game then won most of the next nine including 1-0 at Celtic and 4-0 at Motherwell. 

That was me. I was replying to a poster who said that you were top of the league after losing your eleventh game of the season. To me, that read like you'd lost 11 games, not that you'd won most of the first 10 then lost the eleventh.