The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

17 hours ago, Accie1 said:

Rumours are he was tapped up and was heading to Falkirk at the end of the season anyway. If that was the case no point keeping him.

Were we doing a trade with him coming to us and Agyeman, Morrison, Miller, McGlynn, the KM7 Stand and the Ultras coming to you?

Some people just believe all the shite they are fed.

7 hours ago, Accie1 said:

Apparently not.

Might have been another option or something, rather than a straight 4 year deal.

Either way, probably a deal can be done, he's a good player but Hibs should realistically be looking to build a team that can finish 3rd in Premiership next season and he's not ready for that yet.

If nothing else we can lighten their wage bill while getting us a player that should do well in the championship. 

Hi Accies fans,

One can’t help notice how very quiet ots been of late on this thread so until a match thread comes along here’s a few teasers to tempt one or all three of you into a response

Are you looking forward to welcoming the Champions this Saturday?
Do you reckon you can stop Dylan Tait running the show? 
Will you be able to stop the Bairns’ juggernaut from steamrolling you boys?
Can you keep fit players on the park?
Will Kevin O Hara be missing again?

Answers on a postcard please 😉

13 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Hi Accies fans,

One can’t help notice how very quiet ots been of late on this thread so until a match thread comes along here’s a few teasers to tempt one or all three of you into a response

Are you looking forward to welcoming the Champions this Saturday?
Do you reckon you can stop Dylan Tait running the show? 
Will you be able to stop the Bairns’ juggernaut from steamrolling you boys?
Can you keep fit players on the park?
Will Kevin O Hara be missing again?

Answers on a postcard please 😉

Obsessed GIF

1 hour ago, G51 Red said:

Obsessed GIF

There’s me thinking I was inviting pre match banter as well……….forgot how sensitive you all are.
Still as the song goes…….Silence is golden but my eyes can see…😎

2 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

There’s me thinking I was inviting pre match banter as well……….forgot how sensitive you all are.

Tired Oh No GIF by Liverpool FC

On 09/04/2024 at 10:34, Kircer bairn said:

My Team: Falkirk 

giphy (2).gif

On 07/04/2024 at 08:24, Beckford said:

It's been obvious all season that his man management is as poor as his game management. Not the first, and won't be the last player to leave, be driven out or sent on loan when it was obvious they could have been so much more productive if utilised and managed correctly.

Always difficult to keep players happy and motivated when you constantly  "rotate" your squad, chop and change formations and make pointless subs . Especially when you have created a bloated squad with numerous players that play in the same position.

The toxic continued presence of McGowan and his staff at NDP will no doubt have had a negative effect behind the scenes, which a lot of fans recognise will have made his job more difficult than it should be. There is also the issue of the role that "the club supremo " 🤮 has created for himself. However, Rankin does himself no favours and has never tried to build bridges or connect with the fans following the issues at the end of last season. 

Few Accies fans would argue that a different manager could have won the league when Falkirk have obviously had a phenomenal season. (Huge congrats btw 👏) The point has always been, we should be so much better and prepared for the play offs. We have zero confidence Rankin has it in him to get us over the line and we are likely to bottle it and loose meekly. 

The new owner has stated they will contine to back him and I fear he will be here next season. I have been fully behind much of what the new owner is trying to do (again until McGowan fecks off out of football, this will be difficult) but keeping Rankin after failure in the play offs would be the tipping point for what is left of the support.

How did zengen get on trying to purchase the stadium from McGowan, has it all went quiet.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Passionate said:

How did zengen get on trying to purchase the stadium from McGowan, has it all went quiet.

Heard a few rumours of what's been happening and don't know what to believe tbh. Only thing for certain is that parasite will have been as difficult, petty and self serving as possible. 

Edited by Beckford

4 hours ago, Beckford said:

Heard a few rumours of what's been happening and don't know what to believe tbh. Only thing for certain is that parasite will have been as difficult, petty and self serving as possible. 

Rivalry aside, I wish you guys all the best, 

On 07/04/2024 at 10:53, Scotty Tunbridge said:

As much as this is a joke Fulton would genuinely be a good signing for Falkirk given in goals is clearly the weakest area of the Grangemouth Galaticos.

He’s out of contract at the end of the season so I suspect he’ll be gone if we don’t get through the play offs. Only negative is he is made of glass.

Is Fulton still injured? He's been on the bench for weeks now.

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Wouldn't shock me if Rankin is just waiting for Lyness to have a shocker so he can drop him tbf to Lyness he hasn't really put a foot wrong recently and has had a couple of decent games however I would much rather have Fulton for the playoffs. 

5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

49 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Wouldn't shock me if Rankin is just waiting for Lyness to have a shocker so he can drop him tbf to Lyness he hasn't really put a foot wrong recently and has had a couple of decent games however I would much rather have Fulton for the playoffs. 

Lyness has conceded I think 4 goals the whole time he’s been with us. No reason to drop him.

I’ve not been that convinced by Fulton this season at all tbh. He doesn’t command his box like he did in seasons past and hasn’t stood out as any better than the other 2 keepers we’ve played.

He’ll be on a decent wage too given he joined us in the top league - wouldn’t be that bothered if we let him go in the summer and kept Lyness and Smith.

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Lyness has conceded I think 4 goals the whole time he’s been with us. No reason to drop him.

I’ve not been that convinced by Fulton this season at all tbh. He doesn’t command his box like he did in seasons past and hasn’t stood out as any better than the other 2 keepers we’ve played.

He’ll be on a decent wage too given he joined us in the top league - wouldn’t be that bothered if we let him go in the summer and kept Lyness and Smith.

Yeah I think Lyness has been decent tbf but I would rather have Fulton for the playoffs personally especially if one of the games were to go to pens. He probably hasn't been at his best this season when he was playing I still really like him and would be trying to keep him personally. 

How’s Rose getting on? I see he appears on the scoresheet pretty regularly. 

Doubt he’ll be in our plans next season unless Brown changes his mind but we might hold out for some kind of fee.