The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

40 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

How’s Rose getting on? I see he appears on the scoresheet pretty regularly. 

Doubt he’ll be in our plans next season unless Brown changes his mind but we might hold out for some kind of fee. 

He's been really good and been one of our best players since he signed would love to have him permanently regardless of what league we are in next season. 

23 hours ago, Passionate said:

How did zengen get on trying to purchase the stadium from McGowan, has it all went quiet.

Apparently Zengin’s men aka John Brown etc have been working at the club for over a month now, but no official confirmation of the sale of the Stadium Company.

Disgraceful that McGowan et al will walk away with a seven figure sum paid for by Hull City’s owners… if true of course.

36 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Apparently Zengin’s men aka John Brown etc have been working at the club for over a month now, but no official confirmation of the sale of the Stadium Company.

Disgraceful that McGowan et al will walk away with a seven figure sum paid for by Hull City’s owners… if true of course.

It does worry me a bit with that the money McGowan will get from this that he's going to go and try to destroy another club wouldn't wish it on anyone and hopefully he's nowhere near another football club.

53 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

It does worry me a bit with that the money McGowan will get from this that he's going to go and try to destroy another club wouldn't wish it on anyone and hopefully he's nowhere near another football club.

Unless it's Clyde.

Inverness now beating Queens Park today means that Queens Park are in that playoff spot with 3 games remaining I would personally much rather have Inverness does worry me a bit that if Queens Park were to go down and it's not us going up from the playoffs that they could walk the league next season I'm pretty sure they've got a bit of money available  they do have a decent squad obviously just recently changed their manager as well I am a bit surprised that they're sitting 9th. On a positive note it does mean there is a possibility that we could have a final at Hampden. 

13 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Inverness now beating Queens Park today means that Queens Park are in that playoff spot with 3 games remaining I would personally much rather have Inverness does worry me a bit that if Queens Park were to go down and it's not us going up from the playoffs that they could walk the league next season I'm pretty sure they've got a bit of money available  they do have a decent squad obviously just recently changed their manager as well I am a bit surprised that they're sitting 9th. On a positive note it does mean there is a possibility that we could have a final at Hampden. 

Exactly the reason we want them to go down and Alloa or Montrose up 

1 minute ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Performance today summed up Rankin as a whole, completely gutless and incompetent.

Don't care where we are next season, if he's in charge I'll seriously consider not renewing my season ticket.

We are really going to struggle getting people in next season if we're in league 1 with Rankin again which would be a shame especially considering it's our 150th season next year. I really like Seref and he's done a lot more good than bad so far but he needs to realise that all of the stuff he's done so far could be for absolutely nothing if he keeps Rankin again next season there's no excuse to keep him especially considering as far as I'm aware Rankin's contract is up at the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Performance today summed up Rankin as a whole, completely gutless and incompetent.

Don't care where we are next season, if he's in charge I'll seriously consider not renewing my season ticket.

That won't be a problem mate, I'm sure if you have a change of heart and decide to PATG that you'll be able to find a seat.

IMG_5125.jpeg

6 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Have the play-off dates been announced yet? Had a quick Google but nothing's coming up for our division. 

Sure they are Tue/Wed & Sat then Wed & Sat the weeks immediately following the final game.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Sure they are Tue/Wed & Sat then Wed & Sat the weeks immediately following the final game.

don't think there's any official confirmation yet but that's the pattern the last few seasons and can't see it changing.  i'd been kind of hoping i didn't need to be interested but it doesn't appear to be working out that way. 

4 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

don't think there's any official confirmation yet but that's the pattern the last few seasons and can't see it changing.  i'd been kind of hoping i didn't need to be interested but it doesn't appear to be working out that way. 

True, but I got that info from Struthers a few weeks ago so I expect he’ll be ITK.