The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

Heard from one of my mates working down in the midlands that former EPL striker Leroy Lita has just ripped his contract up at Coalville and is on his way up to Accies to sign a player/coach role. Bold move. 

On 11/03/2024 at 00:16, Ian Mcleod said:

again 9 wins in 19 with this squad is underachieving having less points than Alloa since the first quarter is underachieving. Getting us relegated from the championship is underachieving. Getting us knocked out of the Scottish Cup at the first stage against Kelty Hearts is underachieving. Getting knocked out of a league group stage with Cove,Clyde and Brechin in it and having all of those teams at home is underachieving. Like I've said plenty of times before we were good first quarter and since then teams have caught on to Rankin's awful system and tactics every team in the league has took points from us expect QOTS.Screenshot_20240310_134650_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.55795b96ca0a303895062af41a35d522.jpg

What site is it that lets you filter the table by matchday?

Had a quick Google but couldn't find one that supports Scot League 1.

Cheers

55 minutes ago, Beaver The Bairn said:

What site is it that lets you filter the table by matchday?

Had a quick Google but couldn't find one that supports Scot League 1.

Cheers

It's Transfermarkt if you type up Transfermarkt Scottish League 1 Table it should come up and you should be able to filter it.

56 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

It's Transfermarkt if you type up Transfermarkt Scottish League 1 Table it should come up and you should be able to filter it.

Perfect, thanks. I had checked there but I was looking at the full table rather than the form table 🤦‍♂️

Does anyone know if the LB(Chris Mcginn) we have on loan from u guys, have attitude problems, or any other problems? This is because he is always on the bench for us, but he hasn’t put a foot wrong. Seems like a wasted loan for both clubs and the player.

1 hour ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Does anyone know if the LB(Chris Mcginn) we have on loan from u guys, have attitude problems, or any other problems? This is because he is always on the bench for us, but he hasn’t put a foot wrong. Seems like a wasted loan for both clubs and the player.

He always looked a good player for us and I've never noticed any attuide problems personally. I would much rather have him on the bench than Stephen Hendrie it's surprising that he's not been playing for Clyde 

26 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

He always looked a good player for us and I've never noticed any attuide problems personally. I would much rather have him on the bench than Stephen Hendrie it's surprising that he's not been playing for Clyde 

Thanks for the reply, I’m really surprised there is no issues. He really has looked a talented footballer when given the chance to play.

On 17/03/2024 at 12:45, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Thanks for the reply, I’m really surprised there is no issues. He really has looked a talented footballer when given the chance to play.

From what I can gather your management team don't seem to think he is any better than what you already have, which does surprise me. 

On 12/03/2024 at 18:42, Owsley 2 said:

Where is the money coming from? Are you aware we sold four youngsters to Sheffield United, Norwich City, Forest and Leeds last summer. Fees weren't disclosed but we're generally thought to be around £40,000 to £50,000 with Ryan One's considerably more and one add-on should already have come through for him, having already made his first team debut at Arsenal. We got a decent amount from Lewis Ferguson's move to Italy and a bonus from Rotherham when Hakeem Odoffin helped to keep them up last season. I believe that one was fifty grand. All mounts up. 

You aren't going to get that every season though are you? If your getting crowds of Round 6/700 then you are going to have to  cut your cloth considerably next season surely or you will be hemorrhaging money. 

9 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Genuine question. What were Tait’s supposed off pitch issues - his attitude’s been fine since he came to us? Was it Rankin? 

He’s playing for a man manager and not a rookie coach imo. 

2 hours ago, Roboccop said:

Genuine question. What were Tait’s supposed off pitch issues - his attitude’s been fine since he came to us? Was it Rankin? 

Think this was mostly an exaggeration from people on here tbh.

I stand by that he just wasn’t very good but I didn’t see anything to suggest ‘issues’. I’ll still be very surprised if he makes the grade at Hibs especially since he’s out of contract if I’m correct.  He’s probably found that his level is poor full time level so I’d expect to see him bounce between the championship and league 1 going forward.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I stand by that he just wasn’t very good but I didn’t see anything to suggest ‘issues’. I’ll still be very surprised if he makes the grade at Hibs especially since he’s out of contract if I’m correct.  He’s probably found that his level is poor full time level so I’d expect to see him bounce between the championship and league 1 going forward.

The guy is most definitely better than L1 standard. Absolutely no doubt!

3 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Total sour grapes Totty Scunbridge & probably you should concentrate on your club’s imminent cash flow challenges 🤔

3 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Total sour grapes Totty Scunbridge & probably you should concentrate on your club’s imminent cash flow challenges 🤔

Peace Out Reaction GIF by Travis

5 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Yer man asks a ‘genuine question’ someone gives him a genuine response then you come steaming in with this tired shite again.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

Tait comes across as a decent enough individual in his interviews but you do get the feeling he has that air of cockiness about him in the fact he knows he can play, now whether he's thought Rankin is a clueless arsehole or not or just didn't fancy it at Accies we will never know but he's now working under a manager that knows how he ticks. He's been a great addition for us. Still a year left on his deal at Hibs I think so remains to be seen if he'll be back with us. FWIW some players do better at certain clubs than others, Ken Eadie must have been one of the most prolific strikers in the lower leagues bar none in years gone by yet he couldn't kick his own arse with us. Was it the manager/ style of play? Possibly. I'll caveat that by saying your man Mumbongo still looks as pish at QoS as he did with you. 

13 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Yer man asks a ‘genuine question’ someone gives him a genuine response then you come steaming in with this tired shite again.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you 🤔