The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

Unpopular opinion, but Hamilton might be daft to sack Rankin if they fail in the play offs. They’re far and away better than the 8 clubs underneath them and it’s difficult to see Arbroath being that strong. A whole lot of upheaval and expense otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Owsley 2 said:

I've no idea what H.C. means but I've heard their could be some L.F. money to come, which I find hard to believe but it's come from a director.

I’ve heard a Company called Halls? are putting up cash for buying The Stadium.

Some of Serif’s men already working at The Stadium.

However,there are quite a few whispers doing the rounds McGowan still has control of The Spice of Life Stand which is hard to believe tbh.

Apparently that was why Stirling fans were not located behind the goal.

All Chinese whispers of course.

15 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

I’ve heard a Company called Halls? are putting up cash for buying The Stadium.

Some of Serif’s men already working at The Stadium.

However,there are quite a few whispers doing the rounds McGowan still has control of The Spice of Life Stand which is hard to believe tbh.

Apparently that was why Stirling fans were not located behind the goal.

All Chinese whispers of course.

I now know what H.C. means. Hull City. Speculation there may be a tie up with them as they are also Turkish owned.

14 hours ago, Owsley 2 said:

I now know what H.C. means. Hull City. Speculation there may be a tie up with them as they are also Turkish owned.

I've seen that Bournemouth have done some partnership with Hibs recently be interesting to see if something similar is going to happen with us and Hull. 

There was some talk of Hull's owner buying us if we had stayed in the Championship last year so perhaps not too far off. Think he and Serif may be friends. 

On 23/03/2024 at 18:23, Owsley 2 said:

I've no idea what H.C. means but I've heard their could be some L.F. money to come, which I find hard to believe but it's come from a director.

There will be a fee due if Lewis moves on. Obviously dependant on the transfer fee paid. Six figure sum supposedly. 

Heard earlier from a friend of one of the Board that Hull City putting up the money for buying The Stadium and in return they get first refusal on any players/ youngsters we sell on.

Also talk of a pre season tournament to mark the 150th Anniversary with Accies,Hull City and 2 foreign teams.

How to celebrate the 150th Anniversary is a tough one tbh. We’ve never won anything of note, our only competitive game v a side from outside of Scotland was last year, and we were regularly in the same league as the “big” sides just 3 years ago so there’s no draw there.

There’s no obvious answer, and no way to please everyone.

Getting the playing kit right is essential, though. As is winning the League if we don’t get through the playoffs.

3 hours ago, BPM said:

I think Hamilton will win the play offs 

Same. They have serious momentum ow, in an Airdrie stylee.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Would take that.

Only if Ross returns plus another replacement for AA.

Just came to my mind something at the Hamilton game at the Falkirk stadium. About 20 of the 70 Hamilton fans at the game started singing “what the f….ing hell is that” to our display in the McAllister Stand before kick off. Obviously no one in the stadium other than those in the main stand very close to the away end ( I was one of them) would hear it due to the tinpot support that was brought. Certainly made me laugh hard given the embarrassing away support in attendance. 

1 hour ago, Balde Bairn said:

Just came to my mind something at the Hamilton game at the Falkirk stadium. About 20 of the 70 Hamilton fans at the game started singing “what the f….ing hell is that” to our display in the McAllister Stand before kick off. Obviously no one in the stadium other than those in the main stand very close to the away end ( I was one of them) would hear it due to the tinpot support that was brought. Certainly made me laugh hard given the embarrassing away support in attendance. 

I wonder what extravagant display they have planned for April 13th

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Do you guys have post match interviews or is it behind a pay wall? 

There are interviews from yesterday on Accies Facebook page; as for ‘match highlights’, we couldn’t do them in the top League, so no chance in The Seaside Leagues.