The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

That tinpot club beat you in a Play Off I remember to consign you to a decade in the lower divisions while we were winning at Ibrox(x2),Parkhead,beating Hibs,Hearts, and Dundee United all considerably bigger clubs than you.

Yeah we did all that as well as a few Scottish cup finals in my time as a supporter....meant f**k all though when we were getting beat of Peterhead in the league...you will be contending with similar sized clubs like QOTS & I expect you to be in this league for a good few seasons.... certainly hope so

23 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Can't remember anyone saying that but OK. 

On 06/08/2023 at 22:47, Ian Mcleod said:

My point is we have the best squad in the league. We can't be holding out in games we need to be finishing teams off and we did that against Cove in the cup and it failed. Even Brechin we didn't look like getting a second goal to kill the game off which turned out to get us knocked out of the cup as we missed out by 1 goal. We also have a good amount of depth so Rankin needs to be making changes quicker even yesterday he should of made changes earlier Hopefully in the coming weeks we start finishing teams off. Good 3 points yesterday which I was reasonably happy with against a team we didn't beat last season which shows some progress is being made which is good to see. This is the best chance we will get of getting out of this league if we fail this year it will be harder next season so it's very important we get out of it this year. We can't do a Falkirk and have 5+ years in this division. 

?

19 minutes ago, SomersetBairn said:

?

Yeah admittedly I was wrong then on that. However still doesn't change the fact that Rankin is underachieving and should have been sacked last season. 

5 hours ago, G51 Red said:

So by not being good enough we fucked it up ….

No you weren’t good enough to f**k it up you got the results that you deserved.

Playing to your level is not fucking it up.

8 hours ago, AGPar said:

Best stick to the facts. You've had the misfortune to come up against a far bigger club and a far better team on a quite ridiculous run of form. Rankin or no Rankin, you were not getting close to winning the league this season. Good luck in the play-offs, especially if you come up against the Pars and that utter cretin McPake.

Hold on. Stop the bus.

A year ago there were Pars fans calling for McPake to be Manager of the Year because they skooshed league one. Walked it. Piece of piss.

Now he is a cretin? 🤔

Are you saying he isn't a genius? Not the second coming? Because he has faced tougher opposition?

Pars fans making another circular firing squad. Clownshoes club, clownshoes fans.

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Hold on. Stop the bus.

A year ago there were Pars fans calling for McPake to be Manager of the Year because they skooshed league one. Walked it. Piece of piss.

Now he is a cretin? 🤔

Are you saying he isn't a genius? Not the second coming? Because he has faced tougher opposition?

Pars fans making another circular firing squad. Clownshoes club, clownshoes fans.

He's a Falkirk fan.

13 hours ago, smc4761 said:

Absolute dire from start to finish.

We are set for another season in this league as there is no way we could or deserve promotion. Part time next season and crowds down to under 500

Grave cash flow challenges ahead as I understand it. 

6 hours ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Yeah we did all that as well as a few Scottish cup finals in my time as a supporter....meant f**k all though when we were getting beat of Peterhead in the league...you will be contending with similar sized clubs like QOTS & I expect you to be in this league for a good few seasons.... certainly hope so

With the stuff I am hearing off the park about Investors behind the scenes  I highly doubt that.

However,keep this Manager and we will be here another 1-2 years even with investment.

The question is when does loyalty become blind loyalty as we are witnessing at the moment.

Eventually they will realise they are backing the wrong horse and if he was sacked as he should have been when losing 5-0 at Cappielow, we wouldn’t even be in this League.

1 hour ago, Rennieball said:

Underachieving by having the side comfortably 2nd best in the division, comfortably 2nd place?

again 9 wins in 19 with this squad is underachieving having less points than Alloa since the first quarter is underachieving. Getting us relegated from the championship is underachieving. Getting us knocked out of the Scottish Cup at the first stage against Kelty Hearts is underachieving. Getting knocked out of a league group stage with Cove,Clyde and Brechin in it and having all of those teams at home is underachieving. Like I've said plenty of times before we were good first quarter and since then teams have caught on to Rankin's awful system and tactics every team in the league has took points from us expect QOTS.Screenshot_20240310_134650_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.55795b96ca0a303895062af41a35d522.jpg

14 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

However,keep this Manager and we will be here another 1-2 years even with investment.

Rankin will never us get us promoted even if he gets backed for another 5 seasons the quicker Seref and the rest of the board realise that the better.

As others have said in a normal season you guys wouldn't be far away at this point, Dunfermline last year won't have had much more points than you do now, not that it's much consolation when we are playing the way we are.

You probably need to trim your squad and manage your spending for next year though, as we probably outspent the whole division combined in our first 3 years down here and were still fucking shit.

The owners put his hand in his pocket obviously but as we've seen at Falkirk it's more about getting the right people running the club and on the park than just spunking cash on massive overpaid squads.

At first I didn't realise Rankin had managed you all of last season, thought he'd been brought in to try and keep you up or something but it's a shock he kept his job after that.

If you don't go up this year he'll surely be away, is his contract up in the summer?

8 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

With the stuff I am hearing off the park about Investors behind the scenes  I highly doubt that.

The question is when does loyalty become blind loyalty as we are witnessing at the moment.

Eventually they will realise they are backing the wrong horse and if he was sacked as he should have been when losing 5-0 at Cappielow, we wouldn’t even be in this League.

At least someone is acknowledging the cash flow challenges are real. 🙌

7 hours ago, Rennieball said:

He's got you exactly where you should be in the league. Last season and Cup games are irrelevant. 

Yup not under achieving found their true level after over achieving for years.

Rankine would have them challenging in normal seasons but can't compete with the navy blue, in fact can't even stay on our coat tails

After years of failed managers at Falkirk I actually now think a lot of that failure is down to the stewardship of the club and the environment the manager a players work in. We have sorted that and bingo. Hamilton fans need to, like us, take control of their own destiny IMO or it won’t improve on the pitch.