Clyde Season 23/24

16 minutes ago, David W said:

He should only be played centrally, and should start the season outside of our best eleven.

Agreed. He’s obviously only signing because we’re likely in an absolute panic for players. Anyone can see he’s a passenger on the park.

The complete opposite of Scullion imho. 

43 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

There’s no way we should’ve kept Cameron in my opinion. 

Yeah agree, we should have punted him.

One of the worst Clyde players have seen in 40 years.

Lets see what he does next season - personally I am not expecting hellish much.

Not meaning to jump on you specifically @Bullyweeno1 but I see the “worst in 40 years” comment mentioned a lot in relation to Cameron.

Whilst I agree, he’s not brilliant, I honestly cannot overstate how much guys like John Kane, Bryan Dingwall, JC Hutchison, Zac Butterworth, Stuart Mills, Craig Tully, Mark Archdeacon, Conn Boyle, Mark Casey etc are engrained into my mind. It’s maybe just to do with my age as I was fairly young watching a lot of those guys play but they all stick out as being absolutely hopeless or beyond anonymous.

So far Cameron has been bad, but he’s not at that level for me.

59 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Morgan neill has left cove I see. Might be a decent signing, think duffy knows him too.

Going to Alloa i hear, and kurtis roberts signed for Alloa officially today how did you rate him ?

11 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Going to Alloa i hear, and kurtis roberts signed for Alloa officially today how did you rate him ?

Once fit he was our most consistent player and should do well in a better team. 

Noticed Aaron Splaine on the PFA available list, would have him back. 

1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:

Not meaning to jump on you specifically @Bullyweeno1 but I see the “worst in 40 years” comment mentioned a lot in relation to Cameron.

Whilst I agree, he’s not brilliant, I honestly cannot overstate how much guys like John Kane, Bryan Dingwall, JC Hutchison, Zac Butterworth, Stuart Mills, Craig Tully, Mark Archdeacon, Conn Boyle, Mark Casey etc are engrained into my mind. It’s maybe just to do with my age as I was fairly young watching a lot of those guys play but they all stick out as being absolutely hopeless or beyond anonymous.

Don’t know any of these guys

There was a 5 year period in L2 at Broadwood before DL that I didn’t go too any games so if these guys from that period can’t comment

Other than that period been pretty consistent fan since early 80s and Cameron one of the worst I have seen

But it all about opinions 

1 hour ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Don’t know any of these guys

There was a 5 year period in L2 at Broadwood before DL that I didn’t go too any games so if these guys from that period can’t comment

Other than that period been pretty consistent fan since early 80s and Cameron one of the worst I have seen

But it all about opinions 

Fwiw, Robert Jones or Phil Johnston were both much worse than Cameron.

Not an opinion. Fact 😁

12 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Not great. I don't think we used him very well, he played a lot of positions and didn't really do much other than score a few penalties and be bizarrely angry all the time. 

He does get very angry - linesmen seemed to be his favourites. I would take a punt on him again. Any other Clyde fans agree?

15 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Absolute shudder reading some of they names. Dingwall should've been a good signing but never happened for whatever reason. Perhaps the gap in quality between L2 and Pollok was bigger back then.

John Kane was an utter imposter. Can just about accept shite players but players that don't even try are infuriating. Had the audacity to point and shout at other players too as if he was a world beater.

14 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Clyde fans have had it far worse than most other supporters over the last 15 years or so but if you had to pick, who would make your all-time worst XI from that period?

Aw yes its time for some abject misery! Let's go 4-3-3!

JC Hutchinson

John Kane, Craig Tully, Ross Fisher, Joe Gorman

Paul Slane, Craig McLeish, Barry Ferguson (honourable mention because he DID play 45 mins)

Steve Kipre, Liam Cusack, Bradley Coyne

1 hour ago, CM. said:

Absolute shudder reading some of they names. Dingwall should've been a good signing but never happened for whatever reason. Perhaps the gap in quality between L2 and Pollok was bigger back then.

John Kane was an utter imposter. Can just about accept shite players but players that don't even try are infuriating. Had the audacity to point and shout at other players too as if he was a world beater.

Dingwall was also about 60 years old when we signed him.

There was a game at Stirling when John Kane decided to shout abuse at another player and immediately got ripped to pieces the entire away support. An absolute chancer.

I quite liked Cusack, but most of the names there are back in shudder territory. I’m going for 

Scott Findlay

John Kane, Craig Tully, Mark Casey, Andrew Traub

Paul Slane, Nicki Paterson, Kevin Finlayson, Conn Boyle

Adam Coakley, Mark Archdeacon, Rob Jones (maybe not fair in this company but genuinely couldn’t stand him).

There are likely worse players but these stand out in my head.

21 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

I quite liked Cusack, but most of the names there are back in shudder territory. I’m going for 

Scott Findlay

John Kane, Craig Tully, Mark Casey, Andrew Traub

Paul Slane, Nicki Paterson, Kevin Finlayson, Conn Boyle

Adam Coakley, Mark Archdeacon, Rob Jones (maybe not fair in this company but genuinely couldn’t stand him).

There are likely worse players but these stand out in my head.

A team so bad they'd have gotten beat even with that 12th man you've sneaked in!