Clyde Season 23/24

Just saw Ian McCall and Mark Kerr outside BB there.  You'd think they'd have been pumped 4-0.

Probably in the "thank f*** that's over" stage.

Well done to all who came in with McCall and thanks for the turnaround. After that loss away to Stranraer I had resigned myself to a relegation playoff but here we are. Actually looking like a fitbaw team the past month or so!

Big improvements and changes required next season but I’m confident under McCall and Maitland we will have a successful season next time round.

Mon the Bully Wee 🇾🇪

And to everyone who said we were dead and buried, laughed at our predicament. GIRUY 😘

I'm a Clyde supporter who said in January that we would be playing lowland league football next season. I am so happy that I was wrong. A huge congratulations to the players and management so happy for every one at the club and all the supporters. We'll done one and all.

32 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just saw Ian McCall and Mark Kerr outside BB there.  You'd think they'd have been pumped 4-0.

Probably in the "thank f*** that's over" stage.

I doubt they’ve enjoyed many aspects of it since coming in given the players they initially had, I think relief is what most are feeling! 

It's only now that I feel I can really fully enjoy moments like the 6-1 at Stenny, Cuddihy's equaliser against the same opposition, the win at Bonnyrigg and other such moments. They all came with the nagging feeling that we'd go down anyway.

What has made it worse is that there's a clear feeling that we might be about to start heading in an upwards direction. Ending up in the Lowland League would have killed that before we started.

I am genuinely excited about this summer and feel we now have the right people involved to put together a team that will be involved at the top end of the table.

Posted (edited)

The support looked absolutely fantastic on the stream. The celebrations at the 3rd went on for about 5 minutes. 

Needless to say the L2 chairmen will be breathing a huge sigh of relief that the red, white and black pound will be boosting their coffers for another season.

Edited by ScottR96

Congrats Bully Wee. The table doesn't lie, and you have been great over the last couple of months.

Hopefully see you next year.

Well done folks. Situation looked dire with the mess left by Jim Duffy and co and the McCall revival then seemed to take almost too long to kick into life. Great effort to reach 9th in the end. Hope you can stabilise a bit on the park now and hopefully make some real progress regarding a permanent home too. 

2 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

The support looked absolutely fantastic on the stream. The celebrations at the 3rd went on for about 5 minutes. 

Needless to say the L2 chairmen will be breathing a huge sigh of relief that the red, white and black pound will be boosting their coffers for another season.

It was absolutely amazing. Genuinely one of those days that makes all the rubbish worth it.

Does Marvin Bartley losing his job at QotS have me feeling a bit worried about McCall being here next season? Absolutely.

Will I worry about that tonight? Absolutely fucking not.

Well not everything has gone perfectly since Ian McCall took charge, but his appointment as manager has transformed Clyde's season. He deserves enormous credit for achieving safety for the Bully Wee from a seemingly hopeless situation. 

Great news for our favourite 'sleeping giant'  but surely next season's ambition should be about a promotion challenge rather than fighting for league status !!