Norway (a) - 17/6/23

PSJ.84

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flying out on Thursday, cannae wait. 

I'm only one of our group who got a ticket for the away end. 

Tough titties for them. 

If we were in the position Norway are in, we'd be looking at this as a must win. I don't think they have much of a realistic chance of making up the 5 points, should they fail to do so. They'd have to, what,  win at Hampden and rely on us dropping a clanger somewhere between now and then? (I know, I know) Alternatively, they'd have to match our home win versus Spain, I guess? But I'm expecting Spain won't drop points to anyone else. 

Edited by AndyDD

I had a wee spy over on SNS images to see who was training for us yesterday and I saw everyone except for Patterson and Souttar. Maybe they'll train today, but I think that's probably why Ralston and later McCrorie have been called up as there was a likelihood that Patterson would be unavailable.

https://snsgroupportal.co.uk/fotoweb/archives/5002-SNS-Images/?q=hampden

Steve Clarke mentioned previously that he was anticipating the squad of 26 to reduce before the first game.

Couldn't be with us this week, but at their club working hard on their fitness. We'll give them every chance to be ready to join us next week in Glasgow. We've got good cover in all positions, that's why I picked a slightly larger squad than I normally would.

Steve Clarke

That's why I've named a slightly larger than usual squad. I think you might find over the coming days that might trim itself down a little bit.

Steve Clarke

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I had a wee spy over on SNS images to see who was training for us yesterday and I saw everyone except for Patterson and Souttar. Maybe they'll train today, but I think that's probably why Ralston and later McCrorie have been called up as there was a likelihood that Patterson would be unavailable.

https://snsgroupportal.co.uk/fotoweb/archives/5002-SNS-Images/?q=hampden

Steve Clarke mentioned previously that he was anticipating the squad of 26 to reduce before the first game.

It has been reported that Souttar is joining up with the squad today to be assessed by the SFA medical staff.

2 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Anybody got any plans for Friday night on where to go etc? 

I'll be scouring for the cheapest place possible. Hotel is in the Grunerlokka area of Oslo and there is an Irish pub next door but I anticipate it being a dive so looking to see what else is nearby. By all accounts anything in the city centre will be a safe bet but probably extortionate. If it doesn't piss down then I'll happily walk everywhere and see what places are good.

6 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I'll be scouring for the cheapest place possible. Hotel is in the Grunerlokka area of Oslo and there is an Irish pub next door but I anticipate it being a dive so looking to see what else is nearby. By all accounts anything in the city centre will be a safe bet but probably extortionate. If it doesn't piss down then I'll happily walk everywhere and see what places are good.

Aye it’s to be 30* so no danger of it raining I think. Was just wondering if there was some event on or whether it’s just trying to find a cheap boozer about the centre. Do you know how many is travelling out?

Was in the tourist traps last night. £9.50 - 124 KR - a pint in the Scotsman similar in Dubliner and Andys Pub. 

Pretty much as expected really just don't spill any.

Still busy for a Tuesday though..

For some reason the locals don't seem confident about Saturdays game.

It's sweltering out here by the way best decision I made was not to bring a jacket.

Here is how it was when only about a fiver a pint!

Edited by Anfield 1977

4 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Aye it’s to be 30* so no danger of it raining I think. Was just wondering if there was some event on or whether it’s just trying to find a cheap boozer about the centre. Do you know how many is travelling out?

Probably 2-3000 I'd imagine. Ted Christopher does a gig at each away game. Sure it is at a place called Rockefellers however as you say its to be 30 degrees so I'd rather be out and about somewhere.

Just now, Anfield 1977 said:

Was in the tourist traps last night. £9.50 a pint in the Scotsman similar in Dubliner and Andys Pub. 

Still busy for a Tuesday though..

It's sweltering out here by the way best decision I made was not to bring a jacket.

scary prices for a pint! I go out on Friday so let us know if you come across anywhere cheap 😉

2 hours ago, Anfield 1977 said:

That maybe makes more sense than you'd think. They've only ever qualified for four tournaments, and nothing since 2000.

Not a reflection on their team's ability, but I'd expect your average Norwegian to be about as optimistic as your average Scot before we got to the last Euros. We'd be absolutely shiteing it right now if we were in their position in the group, and most of us would be assuming we'd probably need the Nations League to qualify.