Norway (a) - 17/6/23

PSJ.84

2 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Dykes, who I love, hasn't even slightly been involved. Being bullied. Will be off after 60 minutes if he doesn't improve quickly in the second half.

Tbf he's got someone trying to sit on his shoulders every time the ball goes towards him

I think a lot of players are being restricted a bit by the tactics here, but hard to argue the tactics are actually wrong given that we've mostly contained them. All about being selfless and sacrificing yourself for the greater good and I think we're lucky to have guys like Dykes, McGinn and Christie who will happily do that. No egos. Could all still blow up in our face though and then we'll be asking why he didn't take the handbrake off.

Starting to feel worryingly optimistic at the moment. I'll shake off such nonsense for the second half, hopefully.

Bit worried about the bookings too. An early goal in the second half would really give me the fear... if we go a goal up and then we're to lose, I don't think I could stand it. I hate football.

1 minute ago, Albertlegend said:

Robertson has been great tonight, Dykes does a job but I think when he plays it encourages us just to shell it up to him which doesn't work! 

I'd argue we've been overplaying at the back in midfield when we should be using him a bit more.

41 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Fox sports commentator talking about Haaland playing for a minnow like Norway..."you can't pick which nation you play for"

Except he did...he was eligible for England 

Another reason to like him!!!

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

Does McGinn’s effort not count as on target?

don't think the blocker was the last line of defence. 

ETA hitting the post isn't considered on target either even though it is part of the target. You don't get many commentators saying the effort was off target when a player smacks one off the post from outside the box...

Edited by KingRocketman II
ETA

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think a lot of players are being restricted a bit by the tactics here, but hard to argue the tactics are actually wrong given that we've mostly contained them. All about being selfless and sacrificing yourself for the greater good and I think we're lucky to have guys like Dykes, McGinn and Christie who will happily do that. No egos. Could all still blow up in our face though and then we'll be asking why he didn't take the handbrake off.

I know what your saying, but for their superior possession they haven't created much in terms of chances.

Their going to have to open up more as the game goes on, and were set up to take advantage of that.