🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇬🇪 Georgia 🐺

Not long in and what a weird night. After about twenty seconds in the stadium you could see that the conditions were farcical. Two bouts of Monsoon-esque rain before the game really did a number. Delighted to score but I didn’t really celebrate as much as I normally would as I was fairly certain at that point we wouldn’t be playing to a finish tonight. A bit of a weird atmosphere thereafter which in no small part was due to the conditions and the long wait after it.

Once we did eventually did get going again I thought we looked really comfortable despite a few close calls. Mr Napoli Man looked a handful but thankfully it didn’t result in anything serious and his penalty was funny. They were no mugs and I wouldn’t totally bet against them causing us a bit of hassle in the return fixture but I felt it was a professional performance in awful conditions. I haven’t watched either goal back yet but I had a great view of McTominay’s strike and it was another cracker.

Well done Scotland, I’m fucking knackered. Goodnight!

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

"¡Ole!" for the ref hoofing the ball up and down the pitch is excellent

It was for the Scotland players kicking millions of balls at the ref.  

5 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

Exceptionally poor taste.

I stand by this post and whats more I think Sophia should delete his/her post .

I understand the 'deluge situation' when this comment emerged and no doubt the poster thought it a good analogy...a good hoot....

Stinking rich the people on board may be. They also have families who..I fear are probably going to have their worst nightmare materialise. 

If we can just beat Cyprus and lose the last 3, Norway would have to win all four of their remianing games to finish above us.

If we beat Cyprus and lose the last 3, Georgia would have to pick up 9 points (8 if they beat us on H2H), which means winning two of these three fixtures ESP(H), NOR(A), ESP(A), (or winning one and drawing two plus beating us by 2+ in Georgia).

If we were in their position, we'd have accepted defeat and be preparing / hoping for play-offs.

29 minutes ago, velo army said:

It's now dawned on me that I won't get to see this team of warrior poets in competitive action for more than two months.

Disgusted doesn't even cover it.

I agree.... petition to Doncaster?

4 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

If we can just beat Cyprus and lose the last 3, Norway would have to win all four of their remianing games to finish above us.

If we beat Cyprus and lose the last 3, Georgia would have to pick up 9 points (8 if they beat us on H2H), which means winning two of these three fixtures ESP(H), NOR(A), ESP(A), (or winning one and drawing two plus beating us by 2+ in Georgia).

If we were in their position, we'd have accepted defeat and be preparing / hoping for play-offs.

They'll still have an eye on Spain.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

When was the last time anyone scored 5 goals for us in a single campaign? Let alone all in the first half of one. 

McGinn is the answer, but worth highlighting that James Forrest scored all 5 of his Scotland goals in the same week in the 2018 Nations League (2 v Albania, 3 v Israel).

Being a Scotland fan has never been better in my lifetime. 

Serbia was a real highlight but obviously during lockdown. The Euros in 2021, maybe I'm getting carried away, but watching us just absolutely fucking romp and destroy and tear apart a group with fucking Spain and Norway with the added banana skin of Georgia? This is just phenomenal. 

We are just absolutely steamrolling our way to Germany just now. 

My old man never took me to France as a boy as we simply couldn't afford it and has said since how he regrets it, knowing now how long it would be til we reached another. 

Him and I messaging tonight, making our plans to definitely go as long as we qualify. Me, him, my mum and my wee boy. The stuff of dreams. 

I love every one of these players and Steve Clarke so much!!

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Seething mess opponents - 3 (I’ll give Cyprus a pass) 

Spain, can you handle this?

Norway, can you handle this?

Georgia, can you handle this?

I don't think they can handle this!

Scotland 3-2 Israel: Aston Villa's John McGinn revels in epic turnaround -  BBC Sport

Has there no been a post-match interview with a greetin-faced Georgia player blaming the loss on the shite weather or the terrible ground or just our shitey players not playing football the right way? I feel like this is becomine a Steve Clarke tradition.

11 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Being a Scotland fan has never been better in my lifetime. 

Serbia was a real highlight but obviously during lockdown. The Euros in 2021, maybe I'm getting carried away, but watching us just absolutely fucking romp and destroy and tear apart a group with fucking Spain and Norway with the added banana skin of Georgia? This is just phenomenal. 

We are just absolutely steamrolling our way to Germany just now. 

My old man never took me to France as a boy as we simply couldn't afford it and has said since how he regrets it, knowing now how long it would be til we reached another. 

Him and I messaging tonight, making our plans to definitely go as long as we qualify. Me, him, my mum and my wee boy. The stuff of dreams. 

I love every one of these players and Steve Clarke so much!!

Thats a very heartening story and just one that illustrates what a successful national team can do to lift spirits even in tough times as present.

Hope you ALL make it to Germany. 👍