Group B: Dundee United, Partick Thistle, Falkirk, Peterhead, Spartans

8 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Overall obviously happier of the 2 sets of fans, encouraging stuff and felt Thistle treated it as more of a pre season friendly which probably showed.

A word for some of the antics at the end outside the away stand. Some strange strange weirdos who seem to follow us away from home looking for fights. And fair play to a Partick (maybe “ultra”?) who told some of our freaks to calm down given a lot of their lads were 13 years old - seemed to diffuse the situation. Embarrassing. 

Purely looking at the age of our lineup it would be an understandable assumption that we’ve been treating the LC as if it was preseason, but the unfortunate reality is that playing 3 or 4 kids is our only option right now. That was probably as strong an 11 as we could have fielded yesterday.

I don’t think Doolan has been treating the tournament any differently to McGlynn. We just have a very small squad currently - which will hopefully change in the next couple of weeks before the league begins.

24 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I can’t see one website, including unbelievably the official SPFL site, which has our group table correct. None of them have added our bonus point and they all have us on 4 points. Tin pot. 

Use Flashscore. The app is great for detail and accuracy, and they have a website as well if you’re on a PC rather than your phone.

Edited by Nightmare

9 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Overall obviously happier of the 2 sets of fans, encouraging stuff and felt Thistle treated it as more of a pre season friendly which probably showed.

A word for some of the antics at the end outside the away stand. Some strange strange weirdos who seem to follow us away from home looking for fights. And fair play to a Partick (maybe “ultra”?) who told some of our freaks to calm down given a lot of their lads were 13 years old - seemed to diffuse the situation. Embarrassing. 

I like the fact a lot of youngsters are setting up the Ultra group as TFS especially has lacked atmosphere and I hope it rectifies this. I just wish some of the younger members of our support would drop the Norrie chants that were apparently being sung in a pub yesterday, it’s horrible and there is no place for that kind of shite.

4 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

If Thistle and Falkirk were to finish joint top on points, is the deciding factor goal difference or would Falkirk prevail by winning the head to head?

From SPFL:

If clubs are level on points at the end of the group stage, the criteria for separating them is 1) goal difference, 2) goals scored, 3) away goals scored, 4) matches won, 5) away matches won, 6) head-to-head record, 7) drawing of lots.

9 hours ago, Nightmare said:

From SPFL:

If clubs are level on points at the end of the group stage, the criteria for separating them is 1) goal difference, 2) goals scored, 3) away goals scored, 4) matches won, 5) away matches won, 6) head-to-head record, 7) drawing of lots.

And the existence of 7 implies that head-to-head record excludes the penalty shootout.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Am I hearing Craigan correctly - is he suggesting Graham should have been sent off there for fouling a different Falkirk player to the one he thought would reach the ball first?

He thinks Cudjoe is going to trouble championship defences so I wouldn't pay much heed.

13 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Am I hearing Craigan correctly - is he suggesting Graham should have been sent off there for fouling a different Falkirk player to the one he thought would reach the ball first?

What did the commentators think about Graham's yellow card? I was at the game and thought it should have been red but that's maybe just the navy tinted specs

6 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

What did the commentators think about Graham's yellow card? I was at the game and thought it should have been red but that's maybe just the navy tinted specs

I'm still not sure, because I couldn't understand Craigan's gibberings.

It wasn't a red, he had knocked the ball miles away from himself and away from the goal. It may still have been a goal scoring opportunity if the ref had played advantage, as it looked like the other Falkirk player would have got there first if the whistle hadn't gone

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm still not sure, because I couldn't understand Craigan's gibberings.

It wasn't a red, he had knocked the ball miles away from himself and away from the goal. It may still have been a goal scoring opportunity if the ref had played advantage, as it looked like the other Falkirk player would have got there first if the whistle hadn't gone

The ref did try to play advantage but Allan was smothered by the keeper. 

Was a definite red but I doubt it would have changed the game.