US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The imagery of a blood spattered Trump defiantly punching the air could not be more powerful for him, especially when set against the bumbling fool he's up against.

The outcome of this is utterly awful.

The Democrats have metaphorically wounded but not managed to kill their King this week, leaving him massively weaker than he already was.

This guy has now literally wounded, yet failed to kill the Republicans' King, and it will leave him immeasurably strengthened.  

it's disastrous.

On the other hand, if Trump was shot dead yesterday there would likely be armed mobs running riot within a week 

2 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

On the other hand, if Trump was shot dead yesterday there would likely be armed mobs running riot within a week 

That genuinely might have been a better outcome than what now unfolds after November.

I'm not going as far as saying I wish he'd killed him, because that's not ideal either, or terribly nice.  

This could not have been choreographed better for him though.  I'm not suggesting it was, by the way.

21 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Former presidents are entitled to secret service protection for life but I don’t think it’s anything like the scale of the current president. However I’m sure presidential candidates get just about as much as the current president. 

Maybe they aren't sending Trump their "best people"

Questions must be asked how this young lad got his hands on a gun at all.

1 minute ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Not sure they do.  I don’t think it’s that hard. 

2 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I’m assuming that’s a whoosh?

How many shots did the fella manage to fire off? I find it unfathomable that he was able to hit his ear and then miss with every other one. It’s not as if the target moved any distance between being hit and the next shot. 

He’s either bought a rifle from the fairground and been incredibly lucky once, or the intent was never to kill. 

9 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

The assault rifle aisle is in between the bakery and fresh fruit aisles at his local supermarket.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

I’d love to know what goes through someone’s head to think that the daft c**t was in cahoots with the secret service to let someone take a pop at him that’s a centimetre away from blowing his brains out.

He was shot in the arse?

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

My pal got run over by Jock Stein.

Jinky will probably tell you that it was your pal who barged into Jock Steins car.

Edited by bennett

20 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

The main worry is that we end up with a radicalised individual taking a shot at Biden, having watched his hero be the subject of an assassination attempt. A big risk in a society that has free availability of firearms. 

Hopefully this can be de-escalated. 

Edited by Michael W

13 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

How many shots did the fella manage to fire off? I find it unfathomable that he was able to hit his ear and then miss with every other one. It’s not as if the target moved any distance between being hit and the next shot. 

He’s either bought a rifle from the fairground and been incredibly lucky once, or the intent was never to kill. 

eh?

Looked like he narrowly missed with the first shot then started firing wildly in the hope of hitting something in the general area. 

12 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The main worry is that we end up with a radicalised individual taking a shot at Biden, having watched his hero be the subject of an assassination attempt. A big risk in a society that has free availability of firearms. 

Hopefully this can be de-escalated. 

Do you think Trump will want to de-escalate this?

3 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

eh?

Looked like he narrowly missed with the first shot then started firing wildly in the hope of hitting something in the general area. 

The “general area” hasn’t moved though. I would understand him missing with any subsequent shots if the target was on the hoof or whatever, but Trump is literally in the same place as the shot that hit. He shouldn’t have to fire wildly (and miss) at a target that hasn’t moved.