Women's World Cup 2023

Swarley

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Imagine winning a World Cup and rather than being able to simply celebrate the victory the whole event is overshadowed by a creep.  For many, maybe all, of these players this will be a once in a lifetime event which they’re being robbed of the joy.

It's almost as if they didn't win it now 

22 hours ago, billyg said:

Luis Rubiales: Spanish FA will take legal action over Jennifer Hermoso 'lies' - BBC Sport , interesting development , but not surprising given the good that Rubiales has done for the game in Spain in general. In the pics shown so far , it certainly doesn't look like there is resistance from Hermoso in the clinch ?

I don’t know how much resistance you want to see on display without her actually pushing him away and causing a scene that would absolutely ruin the party. Her body is all stiff and he’s clearly on a different wavelength to her and it’s uncomfortable viewing.

He may well be a total creep or it could have just been exuberance, it’s hard to tell from the footage alone but I do think it’s gone way further than it needed to with the lioness team now chiming in calling it abuse. 

21 hours ago, Binos said:

It's almost as if they didn't win it now 

Only if you choose to believe that.  I'll recall the tournament as one where the Spanish were the best team and deservedly won the World Cup.  What happened thereafter was disgraceful and avoidable and will be resolved.

Only one of the above will appear in the record books for future generations.

Load of

On 27/08/2023 at 07:37, throbber said:

I don’t know how much resistance you want to see on display without her actually pushing him away and causing a scene that would absolutely ruin the party. Her body is all stiff and he’s clearly on a different wavelength to her and it’s uncomfortable viewing.

He may well be a total creep or it could have just been exuberance, it’s hard to tell from the footage alone but I do think it’s gone way further than it needed to with the lioness team now chiming in calling it abuse. 

Abuse?? What is the world coming to.. not only is the women's standard of football that of a man's league 1, the first chance England have to show sour grapes is this "act of support" 

14 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

And with it the risk of a massive Pandora's Box being opened - I really hope everyone concerned is fully thinking this through.

They won't be, the west is being run by extremist minority groups at the moment and Governments are too weak to stand up to them.

The amount of air time this is getting is beyond belief especially when we have such issues as abject poverty, homelessness, child poverty and abuse with violent crime rates soaring and many areas becoming lawless, however one could surmise that this is the whole point of this story as it's classic deflection tactics and all the morons seem to be lapping it up.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

They won't be, the west is being run by extremist minority groups at the moment and Governments are too weak to stand up to them.

The amount of air time this is getting is beyond belief especially when we have such issues as abject poverty, homelessness, child poverty and abuse with violent crime rates soaring and many areas becoming lawless, however one could surmise that this is the whole point of this story as it's classic deflection tactics and all the morons seem to be lapping it up.

I rest my case Mr Savage......

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I agree that we should concentrate on abject poverty, homelessness, child poverty and abuse and the soaring violent crime rates.  Fortunately we can do so whilst still calling out this creep and challenging the Andrew Tate types who are looking to defend him.

Meanwhile the Spanish FA changed their tune and officially requested him to leave. Also, they have changed their mind and are no longer planning to take legal action against Hermoso, which would have been scandalous. Rubiales deserves all he gets.

The Rubiales/Hermoso story is very entertaining. Two sides, dug in with battle lines drawn, hunger strikes, bandwagons, politics, hashtags - it's got the fucking lot. Excellent drama.

Can't wait to see if a legal mechanism is manufactured to get him out. Could go either way at this point. Would be embarrassing for many people if they can't force him out. 

12 hours ago, mrleech said:

Load of

Abuse?? What is the world coming to.. not only is the women's standard of football that of a man's league 1, the first chance England have to show sour grapes is this "act of support" 

He basically grabs her head and forces her to kiss him. How is it not abuse?

He’s the President, has some control over her footballing career, when you’re in a panic the natural inclination is to slap him/push him away etc no panic and adrenaline kicks in and most of us avoid conflict with people in authority over us.