Women's World Cup 2023

Swarley

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

He basically grabs her head and forces her to kiss him. How is it not abuse?

He’s the President, has some control over her footballing career, when you’re in a panic the natural inclination is to slap him/push him away etc no panic and adrenaline kicks in and most of us avoid conflict with people in authority over us. 

Were they not celebrating a world cup victory 

And he was, well over exuberant 

11 hours ago, Binos said:

Were they not celebrating a world cup victory 

And he was, well over exuberant 

Since when did celebrating a massive victory involve forcing people to kiss you?

It’s not really ok to grab people and kiss them. You don’t see the likes of Ian Maxwell sticking his tongue down Kenny McLean’s throat because he won us the Norway game, do you?

There are four ways to get rid of [Spain FA president] Luis Rubiales: a vote of no confidence [from the federation], the [Spanish] state prosecutor is investigating, the biggest sporting judicial body [in Spain] the TAD is also trying to get him suspended, and Fifa have started an investigation. All in all – you look at the federation and the people who are in charge are the people that Rubiales put in charge. So things are going pretty slow and frustrating for most of us who think that a big change is needed… He feels that he can defend himself to a point that he stays in charge.

The list is at the moment is 81 players who have decided that they will not play [for Spain]. They didn’t name him but in the statement a few days back they were actually saying as long as the directors don’t change then they will not play. They want a restructuring of the federation. And to be honest the ones in charge – all men – the 19 members of the board have said they want that as well – a restructuring and a change. It’s just not happening at the pace everybody wanted.

So, the board of the FA, instead having a vote of no confidence against Rubiales which would have really started that restructuring from the top, all they did was say, ‘We want you to resign’ knowing full well that he wasn’t going to resign. So the next step is that vote of no confidence but a third of the men in charge don’t really want Rubiales to go. So who is going to push him out? We just don’t know.

Guillem Balague

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/66655086

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

Since when did celebrating a massive victory involve forcing people to kiss you?

It’s not really ok to grab people and kiss them. You don’t see the likes of Ian Maxwell sticking his tongue down Kenny McLean’s throat because he won us the Norway game, do you?

Every so often there will be a thread on P&B where racists, xenophobes, homophobes or, in this case, misogynists cannot help but reveal their inner selves.

On 29/08/2023 at 10:34, WATTOO said:

They won't be, the west is being run by extremist minority groups at the moment and Governments are too weak to stand up to them.

Please expand on this theory.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Every so often there will be a thread on P&B where racists, xenophobes, homophobes or, in this case, misogynists cannot help but reveal their inner selves.

Says the man who's called 'Granny Danger'

Play on words and ex st johnstone clogger I'm sure 

OK and a laugh when you put the name in place many years ago

But now?

13 minutes ago, Binos said:

But now?

"Granny Danger" sounds like a Super Gran/James Bond type crossover. Danger is her middle...erm, her last name.

What have you been picturing all this time?

1 hour ago, Binos said:

But now?

I have no idea what this means. I think Granny Danger is an absolutely abysmal poster, but his name remains a perfectly reasonable and mildly amusing play on words on the name of a player who played with his club.

41 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I have no idea what this means. I think Granny Danger is an absolutely abysmal poster, but his name remains a perfectly reasonable and mildly amusing play on words on the name of a player who played with his club.

I think it's funny 

But a hand ringer may disagree 

51 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I fear this is one of those "not even I know what I meant" moments.

Also, "hand ringer"  :lol:

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Uhmmm……thanks?

Spoiler

I think you’re the most boring, pedantic poster on here.