Forage Banking Arrangements

HTG

Thought this was worth a thread on its own. Forage bleating about maybe having to leave the UK because banks are closing down his accounts. This is obviously the result of woke bankers and lefty b*****ds having their revenge (or something). But banks normally only close accounts if the account holder is dodgy and/or there is insufficient understanding of where funds into the accounts are coming from. Might be nothing though ...

Leaving aside his constant craving for publicity, to say this is banks getting back at him for Brexit is moon howling levels of delusion. Do banks often close accounts due to a grudge against somebody? The man's an eejit.

I've heard this happen to various accounts held by those on the right.  Unfortunately the people in question don't have the same reach/platform that Farage does. 

Let's face it, it shouldn't be happening in a free society.

Hopefully the situation is resolved without too much embarrassment to the bank.

57 minutes ago, Johnny Martin said:

I've heard this happen to various accounts held by those on the right.  Unfortunately the people in question don't have the same reach/platform that Farage does. 

You'll find it's more to do with the dubious funding of Farage's accounts.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

1 hour ago, Johnny Martin said:

No one has their bank accounts closed because of their political leanings. Anyone who believes this kind of nonsense needs their hard drive checked.

“I am beginning to think that perhaps life in the United Kingdom is now becoming completely unlivable because of the levels of prejudice against me,” Mr Farage added.

The issue may “fundamentally affect” Mr Farage’s future living in the UK, he said.

sanditon-british-historical-drama.gif

50 minutes ago, RiG said:

No one has their bank accounts closed because of their political leanings. Anyone who believes this kind of nonsense needs their hard drive checked.

You say that with such certainty, despite it having happened several times in the past.

Wings Over Scotland said this week that his bank account had been closed as well.  It's happened to quite a few people over the past few years.

Banks have the right to do this and will do it if they think that having an account could expose them.  Most service providers reserve the right to pull the plug on your service.

ETA - I saw someone suggesting that this might be related to some of the 'financial advice' services that Farage has been huffing.  

Edited by ICTChris

What's Britain coming to when a man can't earn money from dubious places and just freely put it in a bank. End of days stuff. 

The bank concerned is hardly going to publicly reply to a disgruntled ex-politician, but they won't close an account lightly. Sources of funds from sanctioned countries or countries with notoriously poor money laundering controls are probably the issue here. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Bit ironic from somebody who thinks we should pull out of the ECHR so the establishment can forcibly transport people to Rwanda. 

image.png.4b2fe15d97cb7fb9e66c83ebb0e5cc76.png

Maybe there's a bank in Rwanda that'll take his money. Has he thought about that?

38 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Wings Over Scotland said this week that his bank account had been closed as well.  It's happened to quite a few people over the past few years.

Banks have the right to do this and will do it if they think that having an account could expose them.  Most service providers reserve the right to pull the plug on your service.

I wonder when the Banks will pull the plug on the SNP after their distinctly dodgy  financial and accounting practices.

10 minutes ago, Michael W said:

What's Britain coming to when a man can't earn money from dubious places and just freely put it in a bank. End of days stuff. 

The bank concerned is hardly going to publicly reply to a disgruntled ex-politician, but they won't close an account lightly. Sources of funds from sanctioned countries or countries with notoriously poor money laundering controls are probably the issue here. 

I think you've said before that you work in finance - would Farage be listed as a Politically Exposed Person?

Just now, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I wonder when the Banks will pull the plug on the SNP after their distinctly dodgy  financial and accounting practices.

Unless they are found to have breached the law as an institution then I'm sure they are OK.

I think some people involved in the Catalonian independence movement had their bank accounts frozen by the Spanish state following their self-organised independence referendum.  I wonder if anything like this will happen if the SNP / Scottish Government try something similar