Forage Banking Arrangements

HTG

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Also, no explantation as to why its happening? Nope. No way thats true

I can believe that part of it.  I doubt banks tell you they think you are a money launderer etc.

I worked for a chap who had his account closed. He operated as a sole trader, I suppose they thought he was going to go bust, but he never really mentioned the reason.

He got another bank without too much bother, as I recall it - this was before I worked for him.

He did go bust eventually, about 25 odd years later.

38 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The bank concerned is hardly going to publicly reply to a disgruntled ex-politician, but they won't close an account lightly. Sources of funds from sanctioned countries or countries with notoriously poor money laundering controls are probably the issue here. 

Maybe he's still on a retainer from Russia Today?

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think you've said before that you work in finance - would Farage be listed as a Politically Exposed Person?

He definitely would've been when he was an MEP, but I am not sure now. He holds no political office and hasn't been appointed to any State body or similar, although how long his former standing as an MEP might impact for, I don't know. Not something I saw too much of, so I only really know the basics of it. 

Sanctions and AML controls, I unfortunately know more than I cared to about. A two-week long nightmare sorting stuff out so that a very small piece of work could be delivered to a certain country  that likes to invade its neighbours. And this was work being delivered to the firm in that country!  

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

BTW f**k Nigel Farage and every single grifting bigoted racist thing that comes out of his mouth and every single c**t that supports him.

Fence sitter...

It would be a worrying development that people could have banking facilities removed because of their politics.

But I don't believe that is why it is happening. If it is even happening. He's a lying c**t and this will probably be another lie.