Forage Banking Arrangements

HTG

The thing that gets me is that people still believe he is a man of the people, one of them, an everyday guy, someone standing up for the common man, someone against the establishment. They can’t see that someone with a (former) Coutts bank account, earning more in a year than they might earn in a lifetime really doesn’t care about them, only himself.

21 hours ago, Dan Steele said:

Buffoon beelin' cos he's no rich enough. Cue media call-ups and TV slots to top up the old coffers.

I would suggest an hour long documentary on how he is coping with his own "cost of living crisis" and having to adapt from being a millionaire to not being a millionaire and all the sacrifices and doing without that he is having to cope with. 

GB News Special.  Nobody watches that anyway. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Martin said:

It's amusing to watch posters rush to the defence of the bank, blindly believe their spin.  Banks are known to be paragons of virtue, right enough 🤭

Plenty existing Coutts customers are saying the threshold claim is nonsense, and as time goes on it becomes more and more clear that this is indeed a political decision.

This one ain't over.  Expect plenty twists and turns.

Apparently more than a few Coutts account  holders  are saying they are below the threshold.

Of course they must  all be Tories. Just saying like.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

I would suggest an hour long documentary on how he is coping with his own "cost of living crisis" and having to adapt from being a millionaire to not being a millionaire and all the sacrifices and doing without that he is having to cope with. 

GB News Special.  Only arseholes watch that anyway. 

FTFY

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Poor Nigel, it must have been like being asked to drink in the public bar instead of the lounge.

f**k me, live would be "impossible" if he had to bank with Nat West. Just shows how out of touch these utter shysters are. He wouldn't know what an "impossible" life entails. 

16 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

f**k me, live would be "impossible" if he had to bank with Nat West. Just shows how out of touch these utter shysters are. He wouldn't know what an "impossible" life entails. 

Although it’s been going on for years, if not decades or centuries, it always amazes me how easily the public are conned into thinking they are “in the same boat” or “one of us” they are con men, confidence tricksters, they are scum, they have no desire to make life better for anyone other than themselves. 

Its a continuous disappointment to me that we don’t act more like the French (aye, those cheese eating surrender monkeys) who seem to be able to effect change ,perhaps not immediately but they get there in the end. 

This entire saga has enraged me more than it should do, but MPs bringing it up in HoC (and stating it as fact) and the right wing media doing the exact same thing! It’s horrifying. 

f**k the UK

Say what you like about Farage but he warned about 80 million Turks walking freely into the EU on their way to the UK shortly after 2016, along with 60 million Iraqis and Syrians who would presumably pretend to be Turkish, and guaranteed we'd stay in the EU live on TV due to his private polling around midnight on 23rd June 2016 followed by massive bets on currency before the pound fell by the biggest one-day fall in history. The wonder is why Coutts closed his account because he's not rich enough.

Just mind Farage was educated at one of Londons if not Englands top private schools before heading straight for The City to be a broker/trader when he's telling you down the lens on GB News what an honest salt of the earth man of the people he is.

On 05/07/2023 at 08:27, coprolite said:

It seems quite clear that it’s not a political decision.

Only a complete imbecile would think that banks do anything for reasons other than increasing profits.

Nigel’s “politics” are completely on brand for Coutts.

I’d like to see the attention seeking xenophobic liar put his money where his mouth is and take them to court for discrimination. 

But he hasn't got any money (or not enough, according to Coutts)...

Open in app or online
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F13bd7a7f-557e-491f-9ee0-b31fdc1e69b2_2708x560.png

Morning Call: The truth about Nigel Farage’s bank account

Inside: Why did Coutts drop Farage?

JUL 7
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F22c1a1a8-cba3-4975-afdd-9a40449515e4_224x224.webp

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FLuci

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FLuci

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FNote

Will Dunn  
Will

Good morning. Will here. Nigel Farage has spent the past week exposing the establishment’s latest and arguably greatest crime: the grey eminences of the deep state have swung it so that Nigel Farage, man of the people, can no longer have a bank account at Coutts, where customers must have at least £3m in cash or a proper Habsburg jaw.

Farage says seven other banks have since refused his custom, in an attempt to “force me out of the UK” using the extra financial scrutiny that comes with his status as a politically exposed person (PEP). NatWest, which owns Coutts, offered Farage a replacement account, but other well-known anti-establishment figures such as the Prime Minister and the Chancellor of the Exchequer sprang to his defence, demanding that the Financial Conduct Authority review the rules around PEPs to ensure that “no one should have their bank account denied on the grounds of freedom of expression”.         

Why are the country's most senior politicians interested in which part of the NatWest Group gives Nigel Farage a bank account? 

One answer is that MPs and peers hate the PEP regime. The UK, following retained EU law to combat money laundering and corruption, treats domestic and foreign PEPs equally. This means the finances of anyone who is “entrusted with prominent public functions” faces extra financial scrutiny, as do their families, “known close associates” and anyone with whom they have “close business relations”. MPs such as Charles Walker have fulminated for years against the “intrusive” financial oversight banks apply to MPs’ kids, colleagues and aged parents (not to mention potential party donors).

There plenty of people in Westminster, then, who would like to see the rules on domestic PEPs relaxed. Sources say it’s not unreasonable to suggest that this is why Farage’s downgrading to a NatWest Everyday Basic Scrimper has been deemed of such high importance.

However, it’s not actually the government that assigns PEP status, because nobody in Westminster wants to be the person who caused a short-tempered minister’s nephew to be denied a mortgage. There is no government-issued list of PEPs, only a set of flags created by ratings agencies and credit analysts. Once alerted the bank will do some extra scrutiny or, if the customer isn’t rich enough to make them worth the extra risk, end the relationship. One source remembers clearing “hundreds” of government officials from their client base, in one sweep, while working at a large US bank.  

Another source said Coutts probably couldn’t have told Farage why he'd been dropped because another EU law, GDPR, would prevent the bank from sharing that information. Put these together and you get a summary account closure and a wall of silence, which Farage has interpreted as “political persecution”.

Can MPs change the PEP regime? Perhaps – but before banks change their procedures, they would want the government to indemnify them against the failure to uphold international regulations, and investors might take a dim view of a country deciding to weaken its own defences against corruption. This creates the potential for a very expensive mistake.

23 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Another source said Coutts probably couldn’t have told Farage why he'd been dropped because another EU law, GDPR, would prevent the bank from sharing that information. Put these together and you get a summary account closure and a wall of silence, which Farage has interpreted as “political persecution”.

Should probably get new sources.  The idea that GDPR prevents a customer from being provided their own personal information is the exact opposite of the purpose of the Data Protection Act. 

I was denied a (basic) bank account by Clydesdale, Royal Bank of Scotland and one other who I can't remember.

They said it was because of my credit rating, but I believe it was due to my political views.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I was denied a (basic) bank account by Clydesdale, Royal Bank of Scotland and one other who I can't remember.

They said it was because of my credit rating, but I believe it was due to my political views.

Bring it up at the next meeting of the Dunfermline People’s Front.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Too poor for Clydesdale and RBS. eMlO2Ay.png
I think it's safe to say that your 3rd effort wasn't Goldman Sachs.