Forage Banking Arrangements

HTG

On 20/07/2023 at 09:49, ScotiaNostra said:

I was thinking the same, the stories we get in the media now seem to be social media run only, anything that has legs on social media becomes the top story so we have non stories like Gary Linekars views on whatever, Farage banking etc etc. Stories that would be a tiny article on page 9 of a newspaper 20 years ago now getting top spots. 

I think I decided shit was fucked when I first observed presenters literally reading out the tweets of randoms, on a current story.

Most often observed when someone famous has popped their clogs or when 24 hour news is trying to cram in yet more coverage of a tragic event of some sort :(

Agree that Farage getting his fucking idiotic face in there is the TV equivalent of clickbait.  🤮

40 minutes ago, btb said:

That's been my feeling from the start too.

Wee article from The Grauniad along the same lines....

Coutts’ virtue-signalling plan had one flaw. The bank has no virtue to signal | Catherine Bennett | The Guardian

Trust the Guardian to include the journalist's position on Brexit! :lol:

15 hours ago, btb said:

That's been my feeling from the start too.

Wee article from The Grauniad along the same lines....

Coutts’ virtue-signalling plan had one flaw. The bank has no virtue to signal | Catherine Bennett | The Guardian

That was why Coutts will never come out of this well, as probably at this moment journalists etc are trying to find out who else banks there with a bad reputation. Any social media revolutionaries who think getting a Coutts card is cool will be handing it back in a few months when its discovered Coutts have accounts with far worse and accounts they want to keep.

Edited by ScotiaNostra

On 24/07/2023 at 09:08, ScotiaNostra said:

That was why Coutts will never come out of this well, as probably at this moment journalists etc are trying to find out who else banks there with a bad reputation. Any social media revolutionaries who think getting a Coutts card is cool will be handing it back in a few months when its discovered Coutts have accounts with far worse and accounts they want to keep.

Worse than Fromage?

That'll take some doing.

11 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I can't believe this story is still going. Fucking Farage!

The amount of attention the fucking wankstain gets is ridiculous.

And there are still puddle-drinkering simpletons falling for this "man of the people" bullshit.

Just awaiting the GoFund to confirm the gift.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

1 minute ago, strichener said:

It's saying something when Farage looks like the most truthful person in this episode.

I know people whos businesses were ruined by RBS/Nat West group, I really dont have any sympathy for the CEO.

However its some look when we have tory MPs on tv saying "she had to go as she lied" with straight faces after everything that has happened in their party over the last few years...............

p.s. Farage, yes - total w**k

She leaked a story about a customer to the press. She had to go, no matter what you think about the people who have gone on TV to call for it. Even if the story she’d leaked was 100% accurate she should resign.

I worked for RBS and they would on occasion threaten people with disciplinary action for not following processes for accessing company systems from home as it out customer information at risk.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

She leaked a story about a customer to the press. She had to go, no matter what you think about the people who have gone on TV to call for it. Even if the story she’d leaked was 100% accurate she should resign.

I worked for RBS and they would on occasion threaten people with disciplinary action for not following processes for accessing company systems from home as it out customer information at risk.

They should have told the BBC to bolt regards any interview.

I think they were fucked no matter what they did - if they had kept stum there's no doubt Farage would have played the bank is hiding something card.

It's just another game for him to up his profile.

The BBC also needs challenging - not just for the interview but giving this c**t a platform in the first place.  They should have just ignored his whinging shite completely and treated as they would any other dispute between a customer and a bank.

What's probably more disturbing is the number of people who think companies should accommodate racists no matter what. As ever we have the lazy use of "woke" - a word that is increasingly used to shut down debate. Watching the likes of Braverman running to defend Farage is fucking nauseating. Her calling Coutts dossier sinister was absolutely rich when the security services in this country hold millions of dossiers on people who have done nothing more than have leftwing views.