Forage Banking Arrangements

HTG

Yeah, this is just a desperate attempt to return to relevance. He'll be laughed at and use it as a reason to start some kind of bank reform party (but only ones for very rich c***s, he doesn't care about the idiots who vote for him).

Loving the eejit/bot who keeps signing up new accounts on a Scottish football forum to stan for Nigel fucking Farage, only to keep getting banned  :lol:

8 hours ago, Fullerene said:

I went along to the Royal Bank to open an account.  They asked me what I thought about the Monarchy.  I laughed and told them I tried not to.

They were not amused.  My request was declined.

Understandable I suppose.

The Clydesdale turned me down when I said I preferred Andalusians

5 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I'm not a lawyer but although, yes, there are civil liberties implications for everyone if service providers take political views into account, I would have thought that Farage would only have a case if he could demonstrate that he had been denied service because of a legally protected characteristic. 

If the bank said no because of Farage's colour or religion, presumably the bank would be in bother.   I'm not sure that's the case in the reasons the bank has had to reveal though.

Many years ago when dealing with a particularly awkward customer, a former boss of mine said that although the bloke was an annoying idiot, even annoying idiots have rights.

However, this bank is far from the only provider of these services AND has offered services (admittedly less “personalised”) with a sister company. As of often said, speech is widely protected, consequences are widely allowed. You elect to be a racist, xenophobic c**t, there is a greater than zero possibility that people will not wish to do business with you. The more money you have, the better chance people will hold their noses…the more raging you are, the better chance they’ll tell you to f**k off.

I actually tried to open an account with Coutts having maxed out my cards and overdrafts with every bank I could think off every time a new uni term's grant cheque came in. They politely suppressed their sniggers.

Edited by welshbairn

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

"Says he has evidence".

If he had it he would have published it.

The man is a vainglorious lying c**t.

He has done, it's on twitter and they are even discussing it in parliament.

Just accept it - the threshold claim was utter horseshit.

My maw got her Barclays current account closed once because she had a long-term illness and her wage stopped going in every month. Just shut the account and left a cheque for the balance at the branch. She didn't even get the offer of a transfer to a NatWest account like Farage.

I'm guessing this is the first time it's happened to the former finance industry's finest. Must be a sair yin to have been outed as too poor for the wealthy.

1 minute ago, PaddyCapri said:

All I've seen are snippets. Anyway, they probably reassess every account that drops below the threshold and decided, on balance, they'd rather get shot of the c**t. It's not like they didn't offer him a pleb account instead, he would still have been able to function just fine, I guess the lounge bar staff wouldn't have been quite as impressed by a Nat West card though. 

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I actually tried to open an account with Coutts having maxed out my cards and overdrafts with every bank I could think off every time a new uni term's grant cheque came in. They politely suppressed their sniggers.

It is indeed hard not to snigger at Farage having to w**k alongside people like myself.

Having said that just like a broken watch Ole Nige seems to have been correct on this one - wonder if we'll see a new gentler Farage? 

So to summarise....

We absolutely MUST be free to criminalise people, in contravention of International Law, for entering this particular landmass by a method we don't approve of. 

Banks and other businesses must absolutely NOT be free to cease providing service to a mad racist.  

Cancelling for me but not for thee, says Nigel

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

So to summarise....

We absolutely MUST be free to criminalise people, in contravention of International Law, for entering this particular landmass by a method we don't approve of. 

Banks and other businesses must absolutely NOT be free to cease providing service to a mad racist who isn't wealthy enough to meet their minimum requirements.  

Cancelling for me but not for thee, says Nigel

FTFY

Honestly, Coutts are probably asking why the c**t was allowed to get away with having so little liquidity. He's been given special treatment for years, presumably because a mate got him in there in the first place.

1 hour ago, PaddyCapri said:

Farage himself has now admitted he fell below their threshold. Honestly Nige ain't going to blow smoke up your ass no matter how much you fluff him on a Scottish football forum 😅

Edited by Billy Jean King

I'm confused, are banks good or bad now? They were great when they wrecked the global economy and peoples lives and needed bailed out by public money. Also great when closing off Russia to the global banking system.

Private bank emptying a known xenophobe and grifter with questionable liquidity and income sources with a brand they deem toxic for their business and now they're heathens?

Nah, total distraction tactic and scrambling for relevance.

My bank account's been absolutely shite since the thing that Lord Toady campaigned for happened. Where's my national TV coverage? Eh? EH? 
Bloody city traders, comin' into are vox-pops and takin' over are rants. 

5 hours ago, PaddyCapri said:

He hasn't- he's given a few quotes out of context.

The reality is his deposits dropped below Coutts threshold, he tried to bring it above the threshold, but then wouldn't admit where he got the money from.

The number of c***s defending this charlatan never ceases to amaze me.