Forage Banking Arrangements

HTG

12 minutes ago, orfc said:

The galling thing is that once Nigel's briefs have finished with them and NatWest he'll easily qualify on wealth grounds for a new account at Coutts

Not to mention donations from gullible morons for his court case.

Grifters gonna grift.

4 minutes ago, orfc said:

The galling thing is that once Nigel's briefs have finished with them and NatWest he'll easily qualify on wealth grounds for a new account at Coutts

He might have a claim for breaching confidentiality but he’d have to demonstrate that he suffered some sort of loss.

If he wants to pursue a claim for discrimination on the grounds of religion or belief then he’s going to have to argue that he the racist and xenophobic beliefs that were cited do not infringe other people’s rights. They clearly do.

He’d basically need to outspend RBS to win, and he can’t.

36 minutes ago, coprolite said:

He might have a claim for breaching confidentiality but he’d have to demonstrate that he suffered some sort of loss.

If he wants to pursue a claim for discrimination on the grounds of religion or belief then he’s going to have to argue that he the racist and xenophobic beliefs that were cited do not infringe other people’s rights. They clearly do.

He’d basically need to outspend RBS to win, and he can’t.

No he doesn't.  There will be a settlement before any court case.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I think they were fucked no matter what they did - if they had kept stum there's no doubt Farage would have played the bank is hiding something card.

Have you not been following this?  They did have something to hide.

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I know people whos businesses were ruined by RBS/Nat West group, I really dont have any sympathy for the CEO.

However its some look when we have tory MPs on tv saying "she had to go as she lied" with straight faces after everything that has happened in their party over the last few years...............

p.s. Farage, yes - total w**k

It's not the lying as such. It's the disclosing of personal information. 

2 hours ago, strichener said:

Have you not been following this?  They did have something to hide.

Having a dossier isn't illegal though despite the mewlings from Farage.

What I find odd about the whole affair is why Coutts chose now to disassociate themselves from Farage when it's not exactly a secret  that he is fucking racist.

They also should never have had him as a customer in the first place, not just because of his politics but also his dubious financial sources. 

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

To quote but one example of corrupt, broken Britain, anyone who has followed the vindictive and venomous actions of the Post Office under Paula Vennells and her management team in destroying the reputations, and in several cases lives, of totally innocent postmasters and mistresses whose only crime was being inflicted with Fujitsu's fatally flawed Horizon accounting software, must be completely astonished at the blanket media coverage this Farage episode has received.

And I trust the hyena political-right chorus will now in the interests of probity and transparency look to completely lift the lid on the finances of the Leave campaign, and the role of Farage, Arron Banks, Richard Tice and several others in it.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

3 hours ago, strichener said:

No he doesn't.  There will be a settlement before any court case.

Possibly, but i'd guess that being able to whine about this in public is likely to be worth more to Farage than the bank would pay for any NDA. 

I'd assume they'll offer him a relatively chunky sum of f**k off money for compensation for the confidentiality breach, probably low four figures. I'd be astonished if he got more than that from them. 

Could be completely wrong of course, but i just don't think there's a rich seam of compo here. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Possibly, but i'd guess that being able to whine about this in public is likely to be worth more to Farage than the bank would pay for any NDA. 

I'd assume they'll offer him a relatively chunky sum of f**k off money for compensation for the confidentiality breach, probably low four figures. I'd be astonished if he got more than that from them. 

Could be completely wrong of course, but i just don't think there's a rich seam of compo here. 

I suspect you’ve got it right, as Farage can’t take the risk of any legal proceedings. Having to disclose the source of some of his funds would likely make this backlash look like a fart in a hurricane, IMO.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

The rich seam is from donations 

4 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

I've ignored this story for obvious reasons and everything you see on twitter is just twisted.

What's the actual story?

Farage got his posh-boy account for rich wallopers closed because he didn't have enough money to not be considered a pleb. When the decision was made, the rich wallopers at Coutts/NatWest had a laugh about how he's a racist anyway, so no great loss. They offered him a NatWest account instead, and he was furious at being considered one of the proles, so made a massive stink about being cancelled for being a racist. Other politicians expressed dismay that they too might have their rich walloper accounts closed for not being proper rich wallopers, whether or not they're also racists.

The media have invited us all to care deeply about this, as though banks might close our SuperSaver accounts for reposting Farage or Britain First's Facebook posts about imergants and furriners, rather than just because we don't make enough money for them to consider us worthwhile. The government are considering drafting laws to protect rich wallopers who might not be rich enough to impress wealthier wallopers; it'll have no effect on 99% of the population, who'll still get their accounts randomly closed if their income isn't considered worth having.

6 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Farage got his posh-boy account for rich wallopers closed because he didn't have enough money to not be considered a pleb. When the decision was made, the rich wallopers at Coutts/NatWest had a laugh about how he's a racist anyway, so no great loss. They offered him a NatWest account instead, and he was furious at being considered one of the proles, so made a massive stink about being cancelled for being a racist. Other politicians expressed dismay that they too might have their rich walloper accounts closed for not being proper rich wallopers, whether or not they're also racists.

The media have invited us all to care deeply about this, as though banks might close our SuperSaver accounts for reposting Farage or Britain First's Facebook posts about imergants and furriners, rather than just because we don't make enough money for them to consider us worthwhile. The government are considering drafting laws to protect rich wallopers who might not be rich enough to impress wealthier wallopers; it'll have no effect on 99% of the population, who'll still get their accounts randomly closed if their income isn't considered worth having.

I think you'll find that's all irrelevant woke-ist twaddle, and it's entirely because he's Gender Critical.

I know this because Mumsnet said so, and they are never wrong about anything.

Bankers being punished for upsetting Nigel Farage and not for say, diddling customers out of PPI or smashing their banks into the wall and causing crises that ruin people's lives seems pretty on brand for this country tbf.

6 hours ago, Johnny Martin said:

I'm afraid that a lot of posters on this thread have been proven completely wrong here.

Will they admit it?  No chance.

Really? Farage is a c**t. Farage doesn't meet the criteria set by Coutts to retain an account there. Farage has had an apology for the tone of internal comments. Farage has not been offered banking facilities by Coutts. In short, Farage has been identified as an arsehole by Coutts but that's not why his account was shut no matter how much he bleats about it. 

2 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

I've ignored this story for obvious reasons and everything you see on twitter is just twisted.

What's the actual story?

See above.