#Barclays 23/24

Cheese

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

And when did we see an angle where it hit chest as indicated by the ref? Cos I didn't 

They didn’t show one. I get using the t-shirt line but that looked (from the angle we DID see) like a fairly clear motion of his arm to hit the ball away. 

7 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Fully expecting to hear a Howard Webb apology about Villa's disallowed goal tomorrow. 

Once again its the wild inconsistency which VAR seems to court.... For the Villa penalty claim we seen a pull and a shove on Watkins. Carragher at the time was saying "it's a foul, but it's not gonna be clear and obvious enough to intervene" so we assume clear and obvious is a thing again, for now. No penalty.

Then with the disallowed goal, the tiniest of hand on the arm of the keeper, no shirt pull, whilst the Villa player himself is also being pulled and pushed..... FAR from a clear and obvious miss by the ref, IMO certainly less so than the penalty claim, then there's the phase of play argument. Result.... VAR gets involved and a goal is chalked off. 

Iv no idea why there are still people who argue against the notion that they look for any reason to disallow a goal. The inconsistency was there to see in this game. 

The worst of it is, the screeching for VAR was because decisions are too big and important. Now VAR is here, the same decisions are repeatedly wrong despite this season VAR becoming more annoying, taking longer and being "more thorough" were told even on very obvious things. What's next?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Once again its the wild inconsistency which VAR seems to court.... For the Villa penalty claim we seen a pull and a shove on Watkins. Carragher at the time was saying "it's a foul, but it's not gonna be clear and obvious enough to intervene" so we assume clear and obvious is a thing again, for now. No penalty.

Then with the disallowed goal, the tiniest of hand on the arm of the keeper, no shirt pull, whilst the Villa player himself is also being pulled and pushed..... FAR from a clear and obvious miss by the ref, IMO certainly less so than the penalty claim, then there's the phase of play argument. Result.... VAR gets involved and a goal is chalked off. 

Iv no idea why there are still people who argue against the notion that they look for any reason to disallow a goal. The inconsistency was there to see in this game. 

The worst of it is, the screeching for VAR was because decisions are too big and important. Now VAR is here, the same decisions are repeatedly wrong despite this season VAR becoming more annoying, taking longer and being "more thorough" were told even on very obvious things. What's next?

The thing that gets me with the disallowed goal is that whether there was or wasn't a foul on Foderingham, play had gone on for so long that it had no effect on his positioning or ability to save the shot by the time the ball came back in. That's before you look at the fact that Ramsey was being pulled all over the place first and that his contact on Foderingham is minimal and the keeper undoubtedly throws himself to the ground.

Carragher also made mention of it possibly being called back as the ball had barely made it out the area. If they are using that as any kind of yardstick then it's a simple black or white call, and in this case the ball had clearly left the box.

Screenshot_20231223_070000_X.jpg

Edited by peasy23

4 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Jeeso...Klopp is right.....just switched on the West Ham v Man Utd game and there is no atmosphere at all.  I would imagine close to a 60,000 crowd and there is no atmosphere (I am sure kick off time doesnt help)

To be fair this new ground is a shite excuse for a fitba stadium.
I miss the old Boleyn ground. It was brilliant for atmosphere - especially the chicken run back in the 80s when Macca and Cottee were playing for the Hammers. 
Even when the crowds were much lower it was still an incredible atmosphere. 

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

To be fair this new ground is a shite excuse for a fitba stadium.
I miss the old Boleyn ground. It was brilliant for atmosphere - especially the chicken run back in the 80s when Macca and Cottee were playing for the Hammers. 
Even when the crowds were much lower it was still an incredible atmosphere. 

I went to a game at the Olympic stadium a couple of years ago - West Ham v Austria Vienna.  I ended up in the end where they have an area of about 20m tarpaulin between the two sections of stand (a result of moving the pitch nearer the opposite end  and adding in seats below where I was sitting) It looked ridiculous and the seat I was in was effectively further from the pitch than it was before re-development.

Aha....just found a photo......how shite does this look (paid £36 for a Europa league game)

Olympic stadium.jpg