#Barclays 23/24

6 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I enjoyed it tbh. There's a difference between a game that's short on entertainment because both sides are scared of each other, trying to impose their gameplan on the other and both are too good in shape and defence to let it happen to any great extent, and a game that's short on entertainment because neither side can trap a ball, make a 10 yard pass or keep possession under any pressure.

In the end though, both amount to the same thing - absolutely f**k all interesting happening.

Had the radio on pre-match, and they were all talking about how incredible the atmosphere was going to be and how massive it was and all the usual. Had to nip out for milk later and listening to the commentary it was like it was off-tube rather than at the stadium. It was like back in covid times when you could hear the ball being booted about and the shouts from the players. Some atmosphere right enough. 

11 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Just something to cheer you all up after that. 

I remember one of my friends in primary school hating Andy Gray because of this. I hope he's seen this video. 

14 hours ago, Red Kite said:

Since David Silva left, that bit of magic City had has gone for me.  Came back to check that going to have my tea was a better choice, than watching.  Pleased with the result, though.

I think Gundogan is a big miss too, not quite as magical as Silva but a very effective and big game player.

15 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Had the radio on pre-match, and they were all talking about how incredible the atmosphere was going to be and how massive it was and all the usual. Had to nip out for milk later and listening to the commentary it was like it was off-tube rather than at the stadium. It was like back in covid times when you could hear the ball being booted about and the shouts from the players. Some atmosphere right enough. 

Watch the #limbs behind the goal after 'Cold' Palmer's #Paneka... A direct dose of Barclays mania.

quick, get your questions in to BBC chief football writer and hanger on Phil McNulty. He's doing a Q&A on the English Premier League and the title race etc. Some insightful replies already - post your question and don't miss out!

image.png.4dd6a05b620bd6db47b8c60c4df8eb37.png

17 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Everything about it was incredibly flat. I suppose you can’t blame the supporters for being quiet as the game progressed with such little excitement.

City have certainly regressed since their treble win and something looks a bit off with them. I still think they’ll win the league but I really hope Pep fucks off this summer.

4 hours ago, ahemps said:

I think Gundogan is a big miss too, not quite as magical as Silva but a very effective and big game player.

Fantastic player and defo a big miss.

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

quick, get your questions in to BBC chief football writer and hanger on Phil McNulty. He's doing a Q&A on the English Premier League and the title race etc. Some insightful replies already - post your question and don't miss out!

image.png.4dd6a05b620bd6db47b8c60c4df8eb37.png

It is a similar vibe to the Glasgow media scene.  If you could get yourself a job at the Liverpool Echo, or Radio Merseyside, a lot of doors opened for media and commentary gigs.  Still ongoing, with local presenter Gary Flintoff popping up on Radio 4 reporting on City vs Arsenal.   Gary's alright.

On 30/03/2024 at 14:26, Mr. Brightside said:

I wonder what he said about the Dessers incident earlier in the season 🤔

IMG_8584.jpeg

Sutton,  total balloon